aaa OS Upgrading for Idiots (me) - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: OS Upgrading for Idiots (me)

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/16             25-Aug-00  @  03:07 PM   -   OS Upgrading for Idiots (me)

mikedlc

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am having the worst damb time trying to get the OS upgrade into my SuperN. I
know that I have the midi connection right, I have the S/N prepped properly and I have the midi file in my sequencer
PLAYING...And the S/N justs sits there saying "waiting for OS update". Do I have to turn down the sequencer's tempo or is it Emagic's sequencers that just dont work with SuperNovas. Why does it have to be so tough to get all these system perks. Fellas, SAVE ME!!!!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/16             25-Aug-00  @  04:57 PM   -   RE: OS Upgrading for Idiots (me)

djsoulstice

Dude yer a dumb ass!!!You just unplug the power cable from the back of the Super Nova(while connected to the wall socket)Hold Down "global" "Part Edit 8
and "latch" and Stick the loose end of the power cord IN YOUR MOUTH. It will remedy and issues you might be having with the Super Nova.

Dj soUlStice

Message 3/16             25-Aug-00  @  09:52 PM   -   RE: OS Upgrading for Idiots (me)

sitar

Link?:  Link

I don't have the manual in front of me and I don't remember how I did it. Big help huh? I do remember that I couldn't get Cakewalk to do it twice but SoundDiver worked for me immediately both times. You're not stupid. I seem to remember something about global and part 8 as our friend mentioned above, but I'm not sure dude. Comb the manual.

Message 4/16             26-Aug-00  @  06:22 AM   -   RE: OS Upgrading for Idiots (me)

Mickey

Tired, friends ? Please reread Mike's question and you'll see that his Supernova actually sais "Waiting for O/S update"... so I'm pretty sure he found the magic part button. So, to help with the original question: If you have a MIDI interface with traffic LED's: Does Logic transmit SysEx data ? If not, check its preferences. Which O/S are you running, which MIDI interface do you have ?

Message 5/16             27-Aug-00  @  10:31 AM   -   RE: OS Upgrading for Idiots (me)

sitar

Funny how sometimes the obvious just goes right by unnoticed.

Message 6/16             27-Aug-00  @  07:09 PM   -   RE: OS Upgrading for Idiots (me)

mikedlc

I am trying to perform the upgrade on a windows based system. My interface, the Creative Labs AWE 64 Gold , is set to transmit SysEx data through My Emagic
Logic program. I have turned my sequecer's tepmo down to 80 BPMs. Now the only thing left to happen is my
Supernova needs to receive the new OS.

Message 7/16             27-Aug-00  @  09:38 PM   -   RE: OS Upgrading for Idiots (me)

sitar

Another trick question.

Message 8/16             29-Aug-00  @  10:34 AM   -   RE: OS Upgrading for Idiots (me)

mikedlc

What are you talking about???? Another TRICK question? What is that supposed to mean. I didn't ask a second question.
I am just praying for tips!

Message 9/16             29-Aug-00  @  04:17 PM   -   RE: OS Upgrading for Idiots (me)

realtrance

Mike,

If this is not too complicated to do, try disconnecting _everything_ else you may have connected via MIDI _except_ the SN, then verify that Logic is outputting to the same MIDI channel the Supernova is receiving on (you can do this in non-sysex mode, just do some sequencing from Logic to the SN and see if the SN is responding), _then_ try going into boot-up/waiting for OS mode connect Logic (boot up the SN _first_, _then_ launch Logic) and see if you can transmit properly.

Let me know if this gets you anywhere.

rt

Message 10/16             29-Aug-00  @  09:35 PM   -   RE: OS Upgrading for Idiots (me)

sitar

Very sorry Mike. I was following through on my previous mistake. Thought you were playing off of it. I wish I knew the answer, but unfortunately I don't. I hope Realtrance has it for you. If not, you'll find it.

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)