aaa Perf mode crackles??? HELP! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Perf mode crackles??? HELP!

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/18             14-Jul-00  @  02:17 PM   -   Perf mode crackles??? HELP!

lightyear88

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Glad there is a forum 1st off! Well I just got the Nova 3 days ago and I like it, but I'm noticing that when I play high and low notes together using the softer pads, there is a crackle sound every time I hit a key. I doesn't seem like it's on all the performances, but enough so it is a problem.
I tried raising the attack a bit on all envelopes(cause they are quite fast) but it didn't do anything.
If this has happened to you or you can help, don't hesitate!
Thanks.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/18             15-Jul-00  @  03:09 PM   -   RE: Perf mode crackles??? HELP!

lightyear88

HHEELLPP!!!!!

Message 3/18             15-Jul-00  @  04:10 PM   -   RE: Perf mode crackles??? HELP!

sitar

Link?:  Link

I don't have a clue, but someone will
hopefully come to the rescue soon.
Sometimes there can be distortion if
you have your level maxed out. Try
turning the level on the Nova down a
tad. Or the try turning the 'part' level
down. I doubt it but that might be it.
Lots of synths will distort in some
programs when the volume is
maxed. You can pick the level up in
your mixer if you're using one.

Message 4/18             15-Jul-00  @  10:46 PM   -   RE: Perf mode crackles??? HELP!

lightyear

Tried that to no avail, but thanks
Sitar. Ohh well, I like the Nova, but I
guess I'll be taking it back, maybe for
a nord modular or a virus

Message 5/18             16-Jul-00  @  01:22 PM   -   RE: Perf mode crackles??? HELP!

sitar

Try to hang in there a while if you can.
The guys in the know are often not around the forum on weekends. Wish I could be of more help.

Message 6/18             16-Jul-00  @  01:23 PM   -   RE: Perf mode crackles??? HELP!

sitar

BTW...do you have the latest OS? If not you can download it from www.novationuk.com

Message 7/18             17-Jul-00  @  02:46 AM   -   RE: Perf mode crackles??? HELP!

lightyear

It says v3.0 on boot up. I think it's the current one but I just got here so...? I appreciate your keeping in touch, at least somebody cares  
Well since I may be returning it, what do you suggest? Everyone says virus this virus that, but they are IMPOSSIBLE to demo in the states. I am really interested in the nord modular rack-even though I don't know a damn thing about modular synthesis- I think I would just throw shit together and play blindfolded.
later

Message 8/18             17-Jul-00  @  03:52 AM   -   RE: Perf mode crackles??? HELP!

richard.thomas

Lightyear,

If you haven't taken your Nova back yet, you might want to try turning down the program level (not the part level or master level):

In program mode, select the pad program causing you trouble and turn down the program level knob (which doubles up as part level in performance mode). Write the program to memory. Switch to performance mode and select this modified pad. Does that sort it?

Many of the "preset" program levels are set quite high to maximise signal-to-noise ratio. In my experience this is too high for a lot of the voices, resulting in effects section distortion (Chorus effect particularly sensitive to this.. if distortion goes away when you turn chorus level down this is a sure sign of too high program level).

Richard

Message 9/18             17-Jul-00  @  12:59 PM   -   RE: Perf mode crackles??? HELP!

lightyear

I'll try it and get back to you. I Appreciate it.

Message 10/18             18-Jul-00  @  01:08 PM   -   RE: Perf mode crackles??? HELP!

lightyear

hmm...not that either. Is there an audible noise when voice stealing occurs? I'm on the Nova mind you.

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)