aaa Review of Musician's Gear-Ordering my Q Rack - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Review of Musician's Gear-Ordering my Q Rack

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/18             26-May-00  @  01:18 PM   -   Review of Musician's Gear-Ordering my Q Rack

digitalbound

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

O.k., so I ordered my Q Rack (32 Voice version) from musicians-gear.com. Got it at a fantastic price (everything, including tax, shipping, custom's fee, etc - came to only $1550.)

This is an awesome price, no doubt about it.

However, I paid a price for ordering through them. My unit came shipped in an oversized box for the packing material and unit. It was chipped on the upper right corner and the metal was bent back. Clearly this was the fault of the packing and not shipping. Had it been packed appropriately, the unit would not have sustained any damage at all.

So, I sent an email to them, describing my experience and how I was disappointed with their packing and what could they do about this (since I recieved a cosmetically damaged unit). Here is their reply:

--------------------------

On Thu, 25 May 2000 16:26:41 -0700 (PDT), Robert Pointer wrote:

>I would appreciate some feedback on my complaint.

internet asks for speed. most of the customers are in a hurry.
sometimes we let force us in speedy actions too...
and then an accident happens - very sorry for that
* best regards

* Nicolas Keim - http://www.musicians-gear.com

--------------------------

Not good enough in my book. This is not quality service. However, the unit is functional and, as far as I can tell, has no operational problems.

I am at quandry as to whether I should push harder and see if I can get some recourse to this. I'm not sure....

Anyway, the unit came shipped without a warranty card for me to fill out and it came with the european/german electric plug. This was no big deal as I went to radio shack and bought a U.S.A. compatible plug.

All in all, I would rate the service experience as an F.

However,this viewpoint is mitigated by the price of the unit. So, overall I would have to grade Musician's Gear a C.

I am finicky about my stuff, and to recieve something that is tarnished in some way is bad.

If price point is your concern, then I say go for it.

If you are looking for great service as well...think twice.

rob.

p.s. However, I am still debating on ordering some MAM equipment from them. I can't imagine that they would have to mess with the packaging in that case...still trying to decide...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/18             26-May-00  @  03:49 PM   -   RE: Review of Musician's Gear-Ordering my Q Rack

Subtex

I don't think musicians gear packed your Q rack..I think that is the standard packaging for the Q rack because when I recieved mine it was flopping around in the box and the styrofoam had been destroyed..luckily my
Q was not damaged but I was still upset because I was hoping to store it in the box when traveling with it..maybe someone should let waldorf know that the current packaging for the q rack is not surviving the shipping to the US..I would try talking to the us distributer and see what they can do to help because you would be taking a risk of more damage to send it back to germany..

Kraig

Message 3/18             26-May-00  @  04:29 PM   -   RE: Review of Musician's Gear-Ordering my Q Rack

digitalbound

Hmmmm,

Didn't realize this. This would, of course, change my opinion of Musician's Gear. What I am confused about, however, is why they just didn't tell me that Waldorf packs their material like that.

I will follow up with Waldorf. I'll let you know how that goes...

: )

Thanks for the tip.

rob.

Message 4/18             26-May-00  @  05:44 PM   -   RE: Review of Musician's Gear-Ordering my Q Rack

cm

I've ordered from Musicians gear many times in the past, including a Virus, Q Rack, Sound Card, Sampler etc. and all have arrived in perfect condition to the UK... they ship the manufacturer's packaging with nothing extra.

Waldorf have been criticised many times in the past for their packaging, particularly on the XT, which I would assume shares similar packaging with the Q Rack as it is the same chassis, so I think you are right in pursuing your claim with Waldorf at fault.

Message 5/18             26-May-00  @  07:25 PM   -   RE: Review of Musician's Gear-Ordering my Q Rack

CK

You should ask for a replacement, as they should pack things properly and it's entirely their fault. After all it reduces the re-sale value )I know you won't want to re-sell, but that is not the point).

Legally I believe that it is the shop that needs to sort it out, it's up to them to take it up with Waldorf.

Message 6/18             26-May-00  @  11:36 PM   -   RE: Review of Musician's Gear-Ordering my Q Rack

component

That really makes me feel uneasy about ordering my XT from them. They didn't make an offer to replace the unit and was shipped without a
warranty card. Hmmmm. I'm with CK on his take on the situation...... How much did you say you had to pay extra on shipping? They're selling
the XT 30 voice for $990. If I end up paying an extra $200 shipping ect., I might as well order it in the states.

Message 7/18             27-May-00  @  08:53 AM   -   RE: Review of Musician's Gear-Ordering my Q Rack

r-tek

I dont think it`ll cost anything like $200 dude, one of the few things we have in Europe thats a lot cheaper than in the US (apart from Waldorfs, fnar fnar) is shipping. I tried 2 buy a pro-1 from the US last year, and I was quoted £150 ($240) shipping!!!!!! 2 send it the other way would cost maybe £40.

Message 8/18             27-May-00  @  01:34 PM   -   RE: Review of Musician's Gear-Ordering my Q Rack

component_1

Thankz, I thought I'd be paying another $200 from what digitalbound said it added up to be. On Musician's Gear it says the price for the Q Rack (32 voice) is $1350 or so and he said that it all came to about $1550. I guess it just shows>to<>goexporting.....

Message 9/18             27-May-00  @  06:58 PM   -   RE: Review of Musician's Gear-Ordering my Q Rack

r-tek

maybe I was wrong then, I forgot u havta pay import duty + VAT  

Message 10/18             28-May-00  @  09:44 PM   -   RE: Review of Musician's Gear-Ordering my Q Rack

99devils

Actually, you don't have to pay VAT, being outside of the EU, but you do still have to pay duty.

Please let us know what your outcome is... They've got some fantastic prices.

-Craig

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)