aaa Holy shit! The ER-1 kicks some ass! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Holy shit! The ER-1 kicks some ass!

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/25             26-May-00  @  02:35 PM   -   Holy shit! The ER-1 kicks some ass!

cocomox

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hot damn...I just bought the ER-1...and this think can kick like none other. I can't wait to combine it with my soon-to-be FR-777. Time to read some instruction manual!

Thanks to all who helped me with the decision to get this fine piece.

-Nick

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/25             26-May-00  @  03:04 PM   -   RE: Holy shit! The ER-1 kicks some ass!

oldskool

Yeah the ER1 is prolly one of the best drum machines out there (and I should know I've used most of them!)My advice is learn it inside out and never sell it  

Message 3/25             26-May-00  @  03:18 PM   -   RE: Holy shit! The ER-1 kicks some ass!

cocomox

I hear ya! I'd much rather just be master of one thing than a novice at everything! And with the FR-777 on the way...I can be pumpin some nice vibes in no time.

Message 4/25             29-May-00  @  06:27 AM   -   RE: Holy shit! The ER-1 kicks some ass!

Maarten

Link?:  Link

I have one aswell , I'll never sell.

-M-
Hey! That rhymes....(I'm not spelling that correctly , am I?)

Message 5/25             29-May-00  @  11:32 AM   -   RE: Holy shit! The ER-1 kicks some ass!

cocomox

Well, you spelled "rhymes" correctly...but there is no such word as "aswell"

-Nick

Message 6/25             29-May-00  @  02:49 PM   -   RE: Holy shit! The ER-1 kicks some ass!

komputerkontrolled

Actually I sold mine. I mean the sound is sooo "ER-1". It really got on my nerves. I know there supposed to be a ER-2 out soon by the way with multiple outputs, longer bar stringing and hopefully a decent 909 snare emulation. . I used to think the 909 is too big to gig, so this why I purchased the Korg. I'de rather take the TR out now.

Message 7/25             29-May-00  @  03:36 PM   -   RE: Holy shit! The ER-1 kicks some ass!

franz furter

The ER2 is a myth, seems like you were suckered. However if you want a 909 clone get a JoMoX or Airbase or the Touched by Sound unit.

Message 8/25             29-May-00  @  10:55 PM   -   RE: Holy shit! The ER-1 kicks some ass!

komputerkontrolled

naw I didn't get suckered. Because I'm not buying it! The Korg stuff is cool, I can respect it a distance. But almost all the stuff they put out has nasaly plastic sound to my ears, I just can't illustrate it in words, but it's not for me. The filters are better than some of Rolands newer Groove rubbish, but it still sounds horribly synthetic. Especially the EA-1. Before I returned that thing I had to wipe my lunch off of it and clean up before I got a refund. I hated it that bad! Although, I do respect the MS-2000, but I'm not buying one. I hate to admit it, but I do like the MC-307 since it does have the JV-1080 synth engine. But getting back to the original subject. .

Message 9/25             30-May-00  @  06:19 AM   -   RE: Holy shit! The ER-1 kicks some ass!

Maarten

Link?:  Link

I respected your opinion on the ER-1 / EA-1 thing but MC-307? I question your arguments now...no disrespect.

-M-

Message 10/25             30-May-00  @  06:24 AM   -   RE: Holy shit! The ER-1 kicks some ass!

what was I thinking

I thought the whole point of synthesizers was to sound synthetic....
I wish I took back the EA-1 instead of the ER-1.Go to wwww.drummachine.com and scroll down to the technosaurus movies.There is a demo of the microcon and cyclodon in use w/ an ER-1.That weak snare is the reason I took it back.MC307????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)