aaa Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/26             04-May-00  @  12:49 PM   -   Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

digitalbound

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hey,

saw some comments about this site. Awesome prices. However, what's the scoop for electrical requirements...

I wanna order my Q rack from them, but do I need a step down transformer?

"We have 230 Volt in Germany. You might need a step-down transformer, or some items you cannot buy from us-check. And: A good deal is only a fair deal. For you and us."

Also, do I get to eliminate German tax or not...

I gotta tell you, those Waldorf prices are freaking incredible.

rob.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/26             04-May-00  @  12:50 PM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

digitalbound

Doh. I am in the USA (California)

That should help the electrical question...

rob.

Message 3/26             04-May-00  @  03:15 PM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

99devils

You're either going to need a US spec power supply for gear with external transformers, or a step-down if it's an internal power supply...

You live in the US so you don't pay German taxes.

-Craig

Message 4/26             04-May-00  @  03:18 PM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

object

The Q Rack has an internal universal power supply, check the waldorf website for more info:

http://www2.waldorf-gmbh.de/index2.html

Then buy one and be prepared to spend weeks if not months discovering the hidden depths of this machine, it really is unbelieveable.

cheers

Message 5/26             04-May-00  @  03:53 PM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

digitalbound

No German taxes. Incredible!

The only thing that I noticed was that their return policy was rather stringent. No Returns.

If it is broken, then you can return it at your expense and then they will send it back fixed or a new one at their expense...

I'd be interested to know Pongoid's experiences with them as it appears as though he ordered his Q Rack from them.

rob.

Message 6/26             06-May-00  @  06:47 PM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

Ison

And do not Buy "Little Parts" from Musicians Gear as they do not stock them and cant get hold of them and spend months and months not returning your money.
Although my Esi-2000 arrived fine.

Message 7/26             12-May-00  @  11:27 PM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

It should be here tomorrow. Hoping no bull. Paid extra for the rapid delivery. Keep trying out the boards in different store, but all have the old OS. Not sure what the term 'drum map' means yet. not sure if it's a single sound, or a set mapped out across the keyboard i.e. kits. This is important as it only has four note multitambrality.

Message 8/26             17-May-00  @  10:31 AM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

faridk

what's the web site URL for this site?

Message 9/26             17-May-00  @  11:11 AM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

faridk

how come when I order an item the price still shows the german tax in the price still? Did you guys had the same issue?

Message 10/26             17-May-00  @  04:20 PM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

I think you have to pay it, then it's reimbursed as the item leaves Europe.

Ape

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 26 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)