aaa Filters from Heaven - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

17-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Filters from Heaven

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/30             13-Jan-01  @  10:36 AM   -   Filters from Heaven

komputerkontrolled

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

God Almighty,

I was curious to know what other filters
other people are using or odd and end things to mangle signals. I swear man the Sherman and the FB3 Analogue Systems
filters have opened up more sonik posibilities that I have ever conceived.
I think the MAM Warp 9 and the Elektrix Filter Factory are my next machines for sure. Anyone have any feedback on some good kit to go after?

The thing about filters are that some people take them out of the box and throw a signal in it and say "ah this thing sucks..." or "this thing is too hard."
I think learning a filters true possibilities require deeper experimintation, combined with sick ass effekts in your rack. Then the sky really opens up for you...

James

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/30             13-Jan-01  @  10:54 PM   -   RE: Filters from Heaven

ReZo 2k

Link?: Link

The filters I'm using here are pretty cool, they get the job done. I'm using the Frostwave Hi pass/Low pass Resonant Filter and the Electrix Filter Queen. The Frostwave is killer. It's not that great for vocals or beats but by running any synth through it, holy shit, that nice "crunchy" yet smooth filter sound works its way into any mix. It has resonance from hell and can self oscillate. I can get deep basses and sound effects from it without running any sound into it. It can do perfect "Jetsons" sounds.

The Filter Queen is perfect for doing all my other work like filtering beats, vocals, samples, whatever. The envelope follower on it is raw and the LFO is perfect. No MIDI so you can't sync the LFO but if your producing the way I do, you don't need to sync the LFO. You can't go wrong with the Filter Queen especially for the price.

I also filter some sounds using the filter inputs on my 777, Microcon II, BassStation and EA-1.

I need a Sherman though, or maybe even a Mutator, that would be sweet. I just can't get enough.

Pete Z.

Message 3/30             13-Jan-01  @  11:24 PM   -   RE: Filters from Heaven

Silver Droid

Link?:  Link

I have yet to try the filter input of my Access Virus. I'll let'chou know how that works.

Message 4/30             13-Jan-01  @  11:43 PM   -   RE: Filters from Heaven

oldskool

I use a Peavey Spectrum filter, its the dogs on a TB, it has midi and 2 envelopes, and it has a cv in which you can link up to the 303, COOL is not the word. You can do some really freaky funk shit with that fucker, I've had it a few months and still have not mastered it, the possibilities are endless. You Yanks should be able to pick one up pretty cheap $100?

Message 5/30             14-Jan-01  @  11:45 AM   -   RE: Filters from Heaven

komputer

Silver Slut,

break down and charge a *real* filter module like all of us, bitch...

Message 6/30             15-Jan-01  @  12:17 AM   -   RE: Filters from Heaven

komputerkontrolled

My Vortex will be here this week. Hell yessss!

Absolut perfekt für my Effektive projekt..

Message 7/30             15-Jan-01  @  11:27 PM   -   RE: Filters from Heaven

Silver Droid

I've wanted a Filterbank ever since it came out. Looks like a piece of gear for the future. Next thing is a new computr'

I give you permission to furiously beat me if I buy anything else first.

Message 8/30             16-Jan-01  @  09:21 AM   -   RE: Filters from Heaven

kontrol im here

Can I just do it for fun, anyhow? I am bored.

-James

Message 9/30             16-Jan-01  @  11:37 PM   -   RE: Filters from Heaven

Silver Droid

James, man.......shut your fucking mouth and get your ass back to work. If another T1 crashes in Ottawa, I'm calling up my prime minister and telling him it's all your fault.  

BWA-HAHAHAHAHAAAHHAH!

(How'd that crash work out anyways?)

Message 10/30             17-Jan-01  @  03:01 AM   -   RE: Filters from Heaven

Ok Komputer

I power cycled the Cisco switch...

Issue Resolved.

yawn.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 30 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)