aaa Future Music "Best Synth 1999" Award - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Future Music "Best Synth 1999" Award

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/32             27-Nov-99  @  02:15 PM   -   Future Music

Phill

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I would just like to thank all those who may have voted in the Future Music Readers award for BEST SYNTH 1999.

The Novation Nova won the award.

Cheers,

Phill@Novation

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/32             27-Nov-99  @  03:40 PM   -   RE: Future Music

sitar

Link?:  Link

CONGRATULATIONS PHILL AND NOVATION!!!!!!

Message 3/32             27-Nov-99  @  07:27 PM   -   RE: Future Music

R-Tek

..you`re so lucky Casio decided against bringing out a nu Casiotone.....

Message 4/32             28-Nov-99  @  05:48 AM   -   RE: Future Music

oxo

Quite... Novation would beaten even more products then !

Message 5/32             28-Nov-99  @  07:06 AM   -   RE: Future Music

R-Tek

C`mon, behave will yer. Everyone knows that casiotones kick shit out of every other synth........I swapped my old minimoog for one...hehehehe, the bloke certainly didn`t see me coming...

Message 6/32             28-Nov-99  @  12:56 PM   -   RE: Future Music

V

- R-Tek, lol

- Phill, your support has been absolutely superb; a more factor in my decision to buy a SN. If FM had a catagory for company support, you'd surely take all awards. Blow off the slags, and keep up the great work for those who really are serious about Novation products.

V

Message 7/32             28-Nov-99  @  04:15 PM   -   RE: Future Music

juno-sith

R-tek!

Your'e totally right itīs Casio, but the Novaīs real threat would actually be if Casio released a version of thier sampler SK-1 that could store the sample even when the power is off.. Thheres nothing worse than the power going off when you recorded the ultimate ape-fart sample...

Face it, the Nova just canīt make those ultrarealistic 4-bit quality ape-fart samples(OS4 maybe?, "the ultimate apefart patch"), but I'm gonna buy one anyway, my target date is the 20th December this year, I know what Iīll be doing all x-mas, and it does not involved apefarts because the synthsized version is called monkeypoof =)

Im not sure if the guys at FM are so much into apefarts as im pretending to be ;)

Message 8/32             28-Nov-99  @  04:42 PM   -   RE: Future Music

sitar

Link?:  Link

I've said it before in a couple of places...I agree with V (whom I seem to be following around on various threads today) the support has been 2nd to none - and by a long shot at that. The only downside to the great support is that after the 1st couple of weeks (and sorry, I'm a Supernova owner-but they ARE sisters) I haven't needed any support so I haven't been able to take advantage.   I'll have to try harder to find something I can't figure out how to do on the SN. I turn it on and it just sings. I like R-Teks' Casiotone postulate though.

Message 9/32             28-Nov-99  @  04:48 PM   -   RE: Future Music

R-Tek

I did really love my BassStation when I had it as well...how about a more powerfull analogue mono now, Phil? Analogue Poly?........u really need 2 start kicking booty again in that arena.....

how about a "Home Keyboard" with "accompaniment" ryhtyms like "Samba" and "Bossa Nova" which all sound the same?...................No, that would b stupid, better take my silly hat off........and have a lie down.....

Message 10/32             29-Nov-99  @  03:50 AM   -   RE: Future Music

oxo

Hey juno-sith,

Casio actually did release a sampling keyboard - the SK5 which DID remember your ape-fart samples after you turned the power off (provided you had batteries inside).

Not only that, it can actually store FOUR different ape-fart samples at once and play them using four dedicated touch pads - ultra Kool or what ?

Perhaps Novation had better start worrying after all....

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 32 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)