aaa Supernova 1.. Remember it? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Supernova 1.. Remember it?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/35             06-Oct-00  @  11:38 PM   -   Supernova 1.. Remember me?

stevoe

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Dear all, you may not remember who I am but I hope some of you do.. You see, my story is a tale of woe and sorrow but it all started so brightly for me back in the summer of 1998.. Born to an eager world, the son of Mother Novation, I looked up with respect to my uncle Basstation and Auntie Drumstation. It seemed I could do no wrong them days, everybody wanted me and shelled out a lot of money just to get their hands on my beautiful, nubile, blue body.. I was just a baby and I had some small teething problems, but with the love and nurturing given to me by my mother I matured quickly. That is until now...sob...sob..

My mother has abandoned me.. She has this new baby now, called Supernova2.. Yes, in some ways my younger brother is just like me, it has the same charm and good looks but has a lot more going for it than I ever did.. I even have a lot of cousins now who think they are a bit special to..

I admit I feel jealous of all the attention laden on my younger brother and all the lovely OS updates it gets.. All I ask is that mother Novation can still acknowledge I exist! And please do something about my bloody 'special' buttons.. I would love to have some extra waveforms and filters just like my mother promised me all those years ago before she abandoned me.. You see mother, if you feel upset by my plea then you shouldn't have made me with such an individual personality should you? Please remember I have a soul....

Your ever loving son,
Supernova

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/35             07-Oct-00  @  02:44 AM   -   RE: Supernova 1.. Remember it?

:)

SMILEY likes!!!

Message 3/35             08-Oct-00  @  08:46 AM   -   RE: Supernova 1.. Remember it?

matcellis

yeah i bought you, baby supernova,but after two years i thought you would be walking and talking by now not still crawling around looking for that 'SPECIAL' something.

Great thread my friend

Matty

Message 4/35             08-Oct-00  @  08:02 PM   -   RE: Supernova 1.. Remember it?

Dunno

Itīs not easy being a parent with children that remember what you have promised them...

Message 5/35             09-Oct-00  @  12:12 AM   -   RE: Supernova 1.. Remember it?

matcellis

i'm sure a lot of us remember but too many are ashamed to put their comments across. They probably read the threads and see that, when someone slates novation for not updating the OS on the Supernova they end up getting slated themselves for not being imaginative enough with the existing OS, and not being imaginative in their sequences (ass lickers). Sod that, i'm gonna speak up. I'm very good at writing songs and very good at creating sounds on the Supernova, but i forked out a lot of money for my Supernova (the same price as the Supernova II now) convinced that they would be creating OS's more frequently.

Come on i'm british just like you Novation. This blue box definately holds it's own for sound design but it could do a lot more.

The manual says 8 filters and 8 oscillators, now if they don't use these buttons they might as well have made the Supernova smaller, the manual less pages i.e excluding the part about the special buttons, and charged the asking price of the Nova.

Now if anyone slaggs me off for writing this e-mail then i think your an unimaginative no balls muppet, and you make yourself look a fool by replying in a defensive way . See i think you've got to forget the analogue jargon and just speak the honest truth.

enough said from this thread

Mat

Message 6/35             09-Oct-00  @  06:46 PM   -   RE: Supernova 1.. Remember it?

k

we've been into this to the death. In the manual osc' section it says:
"...and the Special button selects new waveforms to be released with future s/w upgrades"

now conversely one might suggest, (using the exact same logic YOU use to slag Novation), that you are just to impatient and demanding of things NOW that have no promised supply date??

Not being funny, but you sound like a divorced wife bitching cos the PC the father promised the kid sometime this year didnt arrive yet... Now 'pops' never promised WHEN he'd get little Tommy's new PC, just that he'd get it sometime this year... but you know what ex-wives are like eh ?? :P ...
All i can 100% say is that having a divorced wife does wonders for improving ones patience & reasonableness.
the key point you've overlooked, (and which Novation in retrospect are perhaps regretting), is adding this 'Special' button in the first place - as explained to the max already, they added a button so that when they added an update in the future they could stack the menu on that dedicated button rather than just adding a special osc' or filter to one of the already existing menu's... Novation perhaps realise now that was a mistake cos a percentage of users would see the 'Special' button and conclude that cos there is an un-functioning button present it means therefore a part of the synth is 'missing'....

sure, we all agree the next OS update is taking along time, but hell we already got 4 extra notes of POLY in the first update !! (which no-one seems to think is worth a toss it seems) .... at some point soon another OS upgrade will come, but if you are stressed by this, it all depends on how you view the whole scenario... see it like you do, and sure you are frustrated...... see it more reasonably in perspective with the facts, and not. -

Message 7/35             09-Oct-00  @  10:33 PM   -   RE: Supernova 1.. Remember it?

batcrack

this subject is so old... novation should just say whether or not they are going to do anything with the special buttons (it seems the osc gets the most attention... do we forget they'res a special button for a few other sections?) Novation should just say up front what they're going to give us in a future OS update (since it does seem that the next update will be the last) instead of stringing us along. i think that's the best way to end all these threads.

Message 8/35             09-Oct-00  @  11:00 PM   -   RE: Supernova 1.. Remember it?

Rude Bwoy

If it's that bad sell the damn thing. Life's too short.

Message 9/35             09-Oct-00  @  11:52 PM   -   RE: Supernova 1.. Remember it?

the babysitter

I am an owner of one of these bastard machines which can't seem to get any love these days.
Mat I agree with you about speaking out on this topic, but as you can see its practically useless to do so. Even other Novation owners don't seem to care.
And thats the problem, if there wasn't a large percentage of people who tolerated this ,maybe things would change. But they all seem to think its ok to wait for over a year!
Or maybe the problem is Novation didn't know what it what was getting into by releasing an 'upgradeable' machine. People expect upgrades, and often. Thanks to the computer and software industry were used to frequent upgrades, and sometimes we're glad to pay for them. Novation should have realized this and made it more clear in the marketing of this product that the upgrades would be years apart, rathern than months apart.
The Virus, which I'll be getting soon,
is on version 4 with 24 voices. Thats twice as much as Nova. And for the same price. Think about that, Novation.
k, As much as I hear you defending Novation, I just have to ask ,would it be because you have friends at Novation, or did you get your Snova for free?
You seem to think they can do no wrong?
well for someone who paid a lot of money for mine, I feel I have the right to speak up.
And if more of you grew a spine and complained about the'delay', maybe we'd see the end of these threads, and a new OS that kicks ass(or don't you want new features).
Uh oh gotta go change the diapers on my baby Nova , mothers too busy with the new baby!

Message 10/35             10-Oct-00  @  01:08 PM   -   RE: Supernova 1.. Remember it?

dB

I think it's reasonable that a new OS for S/Nova1 should be realased after the new keyboards OS is stable and complete, because they told that they've to port some of the new features back to the previous models.
Anyway, I think that Nova1 can still compete with Virus b 4.0 and Waldorf Q-rack; compare sounds, arpeggiators, effects and vocoder capabilities, and beauty !

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 35 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)