aaa Novation are crap aren't they! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Novation are crap aren't they!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message 1/41             25-Oct-00  @  11:23 PM   -   Novation are crap aren't they!

sameoldsameold

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Why release "new" products that are so similar to old ones, especially when the old ones still don't have complete final OS's, and the new ones have so many bugs. Maybe you will get it right with Super\Nova 3. Hmmmm, Novation, Rocky....is there a connection? Comebacks? "Stay down Rock"

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/41             26-Oct-00  @  06:28 AM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

andytronic

Yeah, same old same old bitching.

It amazes me how many people are so cynical and bored that they don't appriciate what they have. I have more than one piece of gear that has a buggy OS that hasn't been updated in years. My Supernova is extremely stable and functional compared to these synths. And I'm not losing any sleep over that fact that my "special" buttons don't do anything yet (unlike a lot of people on this board).

Call me an old fart, but we should appreciate the fact that the technology we have works as well as it does.

Amen.

andytronic.

Message 3/41             26-Oct-00  @  12:20 PM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

gavib

Well said Andy!

I'm with you totally!

But people need 'open' forums like this. Cos if they didn't have something to bitch about all the time then their lives wouldn't be worth living ......  

laters

Gav

Message 4/41             26-Oct-00  @  05:07 PM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

stevoe

Andytronic

You're an old fart... No offence, but would you be happy if a waiter spat in your soup? Would you be happy if a car salesman sold you a ferrari and you received a mini? Would you be over the moon if your off licence sold you a bottle of wine only to get home and find its anti-freeze? Well would you? I thought not, well why are you happy to be walked over by Novation? You paid good money for your Supernova and you never received what was promised to you at the start... You should be angry!! Come on where is your backbone?

Message 5/41             26-Oct-00  @  05:29 PM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

A

steveoe

What exactly did they promise from the start?

Perhaps you could let me know what exactly is going to be implemented in the special buttons!

Novation have never specified in any publication exacty what will be implemented with these buttons, so I find your agument somewhat strange that you purchased the unit on buttons that were not specified and put there as an avenue for improvement.

Should we actually use forums like this to slagg people like Phill off endlessly? He has been helpful often and endlessly going on and on about this issue when they have said they will release a new OS will in the end stop participation on this forum.

Is this really what you want?

Message 6/41             26-Oct-00  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

Stefan

Hey A, no matter to be upset. There are a handful of whiners who use this forum to complain.
Those who make music with their gear have left the forum long ago.

Message 7/41             26-Oct-00  @  06:50 PM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

music

Only a complete idiot would purchase equiment on the promise of new upgraded features. As for the ferrari\mini analogy well..lol
Its nothing like that at all is it. You buy a supernova, you get a supernova, its a simple as that. If, at some later stage, novation decided to add extra features via new OS`s etc then i think you should be grateful.
Buy equiment for what it IS and NOT what i could be.
Dear oh dear, there are some seriously misguided people around lol

Finity

Message 8/41             26-Oct-00  @  07:26 PM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

k

we gripe about our OS prob's in hardware but check this what i saw on the TV tonight... the new trains bought by UK rail companies costing 3 million each have had to be withdrawn cos the OS that runs the train's system is in it's 9th upgrade version and still has bugs causing doors to open or close at the wrong times, breakdowns etc..... so it seems to be a hardware thing accross the board eh!.. not just synths !! -

Message 9/41             26-Oct-00  @  09:27 PM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

CK

Please, no more moaning, I've been using the SN for nearly two years and have never had a crash. Just ask a Q user how many crashes they've had. When analogues first came out they cost as much as a car and were superceded almost every year, so why does anyone expect things to be any different now?

Yes I'd love the extra filters and a better Phaser, but the instrument is great as it is and if you can't get decent sounds out of it I'd suggest you give up!

Message 10/41             26-Oct-00  @  09:34 PM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

scrotalsack

i complain about the os all the time, but i still use my SN all the time for stuff... i just come on this board while im at work because i have nothing better to do... >:>

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 41 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)