aaa ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message 1/59             27-Jul-00  @  05:41 AM   -   ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

The Price for your products are crashing down like Yamaha-Products.
The BIG supernova was selled on ebay for half of the price !
I think people donīt trust anymore in your update-politic.
If its too much work for Phil
Novation should have another person to work on it.

Iīm very angry, especially that I canīt sell it for a fair price because of your bad reputation.

I think tis was the last product Iīve bought from Novation.

I ve bought an Access Virus Keyboard and now I see the big difference :
better updates and better sounds.

THANK YOU
bene

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/59             27-Jul-00  @  06:19 AM   -   RE: ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

Stefan

Keep cool bene,

with much luck I'll get DM 1400,- for my virus a, thats half of the price of a new B.
Have you seen the second hand price for a Q rack ? Half a year old, 66% of a new one.
We are talking about specialized computers. My PII 400 and my Supernova are both 2 years old. If i sell the SN i'll get some money, if I try to sell the PII I'll get some laughs.

Message 3/59             27-Jul-00  @  07:43 AM   -   RE: ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

The problem is that nowadays products from Novation / Waldorf / Access are released without a complete working OS.
So you have to trust and to wait,
but I think with the supernova its really too long...
You see new products released (SN2 etc..) but nothing is done for your expensive Syntheziser which isnīt completed.
For good products you will get a good price when you sell it second hand.
And Iīve sold a lot of synthezisers the last 10 years,
for a Roland JP8080 (new price DM 2444)I got after a 3/4 year DM 2000, but this is quality.
I donīt want to say, that Iīm not confinced of the handling of the SN (itīs really the best at the synth), but the sound isnīt that fat Iīve expected.
A Nova would be enough for me, so I try now to change.
But I think an OS-Update would
1) make many owners happy and maybe satisfied
2) would increase the price again

I was "cool" 1 year, but the "special buttons" still dont work.
Come on, itīs not professional...
bene

Message 4/59             27-Jul-00  @  07:59 AM   -   RE: ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

lol

I am also nervous about the release of new OS, but I think(I hope) that Novation is working on it now, it will be ready soon, I am sure! ooh, I have a question about it,...are the sounds inside the machine lost after an upgrade?

Message 5/59             27-Jul-00  @  08:27 AM   -   RE: ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

I think you ve to store them in your sequencer, the update will overwrite the banks ....I think of new fat sounds...
But itīs good that you can still "hope"
bene

Message 6/59             27-Jul-00  @  02:05 PM   -   RE: ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

spank-spank

Forget about the updates, sell your synth and learn an expensive lesson as I did. I paid Ģ800 for my Nova sold it seven months later for Ģ500, had to advertise it about 10 times.
Wake up people, Novation have gone from being keen and customer focused to a mid sized faceless corparation. The update to make the special buttons work is bottom of their to-do list.

Message 7/59             27-Jul-00  @  06:13 PM   -   RE: ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

subzerox

Link?: Link

the special button has worked for me
ive got it workin n i use it quite frequently to make my sounds

Message 8/59             27-Jul-00  @  08:53 PM   -   RE: ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

k

oh my god.... it's 'drama' queen time :0 -

i'm happy with my s'nova, it's great   - have a nice day guys and um, come back and play us some of your music soon...

Message 9/59             27-Jul-00  @  09:06 PM   -   RE: ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

k

oh and also bene, that is actually misleading information to post mate, cos the OS when released DID work in full, the fucking special button - it was to my knowledge advertised as being added as a freebie upgrade button available if needed for future updates as yet unspecified that Novation might choose to implement - the way i read the advertising it was like The SNova has got the ability to add updates in the future - fine,... but - there is absolutely NO question and it is 100% WRONG for you to state that the OS of the synth without that button is INCOMPLETE - this in NOT TRUE AT ALL -

Message 10/59             28-Jul-00  @  03:41 AM   -   RE: ITS A SHAME HOW LONG I WAIT FOR OS4, NOVATION

Ed-d

I thought that moron had sold his nova long ago...

Why cant he fuck off and take his pointless whinging elsewhere

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 59 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)