aaa Taken Phunkytek`s advice but help!! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Taken Phunkytek`s advice but help!!

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             16-Oct-00  @  09:00 AM   -   Taken Phunkytek`s advice . help!!

music

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Ok, I decided to give the dreaded cubase another go and so far i gotta say I`m very pleased. However, all is not plain sailing as i`ve encountered a problem or two.
First problem is this>>
When i realtime record onto a midi track something strange happens. Now bear with me cos i`m a cubase newbie and this may be something totally obvious but for the life of me i cant figure it out.As i play back the recorded part, having already selected the desired patch etc I hear a few totally random notes played via a different patch at the start of the part. I`ve gone into the list editor and checked everything, even removed all control data just to be sure and what i am left with are just the notes that i played, yet i still hear these horrible annoying noises. After about 1 second they fade and the part plays as it should.
Second problem is this>>>
I want to be able to play the nova via my triton keyboard like i could before. Obviously i have a slighlty different midi routing now that I`m using cubase and cant get it sorted.
My setup is as follows...
VST 5
Midiman USB 2x2 Midisport interface
Triton in and out via interface
Nova in and out via interface
Sblive Platinum midi out to EA-1 in and then midi thru to ER-1.
Athlon 800mhz, 256mb ram etc

I was really pleased with my progress till this point so pleeeaaase help  

Thanks in advance

Finity

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             16-Oct-00  @  11:04 AM   -   RE: Taken Phunkytek`s advice but help!!

djnasty

Link?: Link

explain to me clearly how you have set up your gear and i will sort your problem

Message 3/11             16-Oct-00  @  11:09 AM   -   RE: Taken Phunkytek`s advice but help!!

djnasty

explain to me clearly how you have set up your gear and i will sort your problem

Message 4/11             16-Oct-00  @  11:18 AM   -   RE: Taken Phunkytek`s advice but help!!

djnasty

Message 5/11             16-Oct-00  @  01:39 PM   -   RE: Taken Phunkytek`s advice but help!!

music

Ok here goes.....

Midisport 2x2 interface with triton and nova running in and out of it. I also have another midi port available through my sblive platinum front panel so i use that to control my EA-1 and ER-1.

Finity

Message 6/11             16-Oct-00  @  07:07 PM   -   RE: Taken Phunkytek`s advice but help!!

k

see ARTICLES section - @Sequencer & Midi' page

Message 7/11             16-Oct-00  @  08:28 PM   -   RE: Taken Phunkytek`s advice but help!!

music

Thanks K but can you be a little more specific re that information.

thanks

Finity

Message 8/11             17-Oct-00  @  04:13 PM   -   RE: Taken Phunkytek`s advice but help!!

phunkytek

So , you are not useing the merger? What you need to know about the nova, it is 6 part muti in performance mode and 1 part in prog mode. So in perf set all the parts to their own channel. Then in cubase, with the mouse, select a midi track so it is highlighted, or the active channel. This is the channel that by default will recieve the incoming midi data and also transmit it back out, or echo it out. You must have the out on the Triton going to the midi in on the midisport, and have that track set to the nova's port and desired channel.In order to record the knobs you must have the nova out going to one of the midi in's. I recomend you set the gear up as the example below for the following reasons. The nova does something funny . If you have a differant part selected than you have in the highlighted track in cubase, knob movements and prog selections will effect all the parts. So make sure when editing the controlers on a performance part, that you select that part and have the right track set to active in cubase. You can go to midi setup in cubase and make sure you have all the inputs active. The triton is 16 part multi timbral, so I would recomend giving it it's own out port from the midisport, unless you can turn off some of the channels and then those channels can be assigned on the nova and the through out on the triton in to the nova. Otherwise give the triton it's own port. I know you have a sampler, so I recomend that the electribe and the nova share a port. use the midi sport for your sampler, and triton, and then hook the er-1 and the nova in chain on the sblive port.
EX: sb live out-nova in(ch1-6), nova through - er-1 in(any ch7-16)
midisport out to triton in, triton out-midisport in, and the same for the sampler on the 2nd port.
That should fix your problem

Message 9/11             17-Oct-00  @  05:12 PM   -   RE: Taken Phunkytek`s advice but help!!

music

Thanks for the help guys, I`ve almost got it sussed now  

One thing that still bugs me is that during recording of a part (triton or nova) into cubase piano roll editor, it sometimes makes a chord in the very first tick . Its just a case of deleting these notes but all the same its still annoying cos im not even inputting these particular notes.
Btw the ER-1 is the rythmn synth not the sampler.

Anyway, thanks again  

Finity

Message 10/11             17-Oct-00  @  08:18 PM   -   RE: Taken Phunkytek`s advice but help!!

k

is the 'sometimes' ALWAYS when you play the same note ?? - if YES, look at your remote key-commands

Message 11/11             17-Oct-00  @  09:26 PM   -   RE: Taken Phunkytek`s advice but help!!

music

Thanks K I`ll take a look at that later  

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)