aaa Novation repair turn-round times - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Novation repair turn-round times

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             26-Sep-00  @  12:21 PM   -   Novation repair turn-round times

chris

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

A good point has been raised that the Novation turn-round times have been estimated at 6 weeks.

Compare that to Korg who repaired my Z1 with a turn-round time of 5 (count them) days. I was well impressed.

It'd be nice if Novation could speed up this turn-round time...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             26-Sep-00  @  12:23 PM   -   RE: Novation repair turn-round times

chris

BTW - Phil, the Supernova II sounds absolutely f*ckin' superb.

Chris

Message 3/11             26-Sep-00  @  01:43 PM   -   RE: Novation repair turn-round times

Phill

Link?:  No link

Sorry about the delay in repair time estimation. Who actually said it would take this long?

Glad you like it though....

Message 4/11             26-Sep-00  @  04:00 PM   -   RE: Novation repair turn-round times

CK

I had a repair done on a Supernova about a year ago and I had it back a week later. In fact I rang them at about 10 in the morning and the courier was at the door just after 2pm to pick it up. Novation service is very efficient.

Korg insist on you taking things back to the shop where you bought it, not very convenient unless you happen to live very close to the store. I had a Prophecy repaired and it took three weeks, partly because either Korg or the courier lost it!

Message 5/11             26-Sep-00  @  04:06 PM   -   RE: Novation repair turn-round times

GT

Well, this all depends on the local Authorized Service Center standards of course, not really Novation itself.

Message 6/11             26-Sep-00  @  04:31 PM   -   RE: Novation repair turn-round times

k

i think with the globaloisation of this industry the RESPONSIBLE thing for the music companies to do would be to all get together, and setup a STANDARD WW REPAIR NETWORK... where electrical service centers of quality can join up and you can take your goods to these under warrantee wherever you are, as they are registered, and will have directly setup access to spares & all media & plans etc they need by model immediatly with some sorta intranet which say they would get when approved as a repair/service center - and the repairers get paid to support the system when they repair things - that'd be great, and i think we should start a petition for it. - i mean a shop may be an approved service center, but they usually farm the work out to a local electrical repair shop, so why not make the network with both or whatever

Message 7/11             26-Sep-00  @  06:14 PM   -   RE: Novation repair turn-round times

jon.s

phil, my units faulty - can i have a t-shirt please?

Message 8/11             26-Sep-00  @  08:28 PM   -   RE: Novation repair turn-round times

JeremyBellbottoms

Phill,

My Nova II was defective, as well. May I also please have a T-shirt?

Message 9/11             27-Sep-00  @  12:26 PM   -   RE: Novation repair turn-round times

chris

"Sorry about the delay in repair time estimation. Who actually said it would take this long? "

It was Academy of Sound in Leeds, about 8 months ago. The guy said he got this from Novation...

Chris

Message 10/11             28-Sep-00  @  05:02 PM   -   RE: Novation repair turn-round times

CK

Never believe anything these box shifters tell you!

Message 11/11             01-Oct-00  @  07:01 PM   -   RE: Novation repair turn-round times

chris

Ah - but it can be handy 'getting to know' them...

I get a good discount from said shop!

;o)

Chris

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)