aaa blank patches in virus after upgrading to OS3 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: blank patches in virus after upgrading to OS3

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             13-Aug-00  @  01:45 PM   -   blank patches in virus after upgrading to OS3

tetsuo2

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i just upgraded from 0s3.0 a to os3.0 b and now there are blank patches scattered throughout bank a... is this normal??

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             14-Aug-00  @  08:18 AM   -   RE: blank patches in virus after upgrading to OS3

99devils

I don't think so   You should probably do a re-load. BTW - I hope you backed up any patches you had...

-Craig

Message 3/11             14-Aug-00  @  08:45 AM   -   RE: blank patches in virus after upgrading to OS3

tetsuo2

oh boy.. shit...

hmm ok ill back up..

there r three files for an os upgrade but it says i only HAVE to load the firstx.mid and seconx.mid but not necessarily the soundx.mid

should i load that one too?

Message 4/11             14-Aug-00  @  03:16 PM   -   RE: blank patches in virus after upgrading to OS3

99devils

The soundx.mid file is going to be a new set of patches. I highly doubt that the OS upgrade would leave your patches untouched - new features require new data structures in the patch to store the new settings, no?

You might be SOL already  

-Craig

Message 5/11             14-Aug-00  @  03:22 PM   -   RE: blank patches in virus after upgrading to OS3

tetsuo2

well i can fill those patches by copying others into the empty slots
and it saves just fine.. just i wonder....

Message 6/11             14-Aug-00  @  03:23 PM   -   RE: blank patches in virus after upgrading to OS3

tetsuo2

are you sayin i have fucked up my virus or just i may lose my patches??

Message 7/11             15-Aug-00  @  08:10 AM   -   RE: blank patches in virus after upgrading to OS3

99devils

You can't fuck up the hardware simply by doing a software install, but you may have lost patches.

-Craig

Message 8/11             15-Aug-00  @  11:08 AM   -   RE: blank patches in virus after upgrading to OS3

tetsuo2

it worked out... I dumped whatever patches i had into cubase... the ran firstx.mid seconx.mid and soundx.mid and then dumped the patches back into it and woila! no more blanks...

Message 9/11             15-Aug-00  @  12:15 PM   -   RE: blank patches in virus after upgrading to OS3

99devils

Coolio.

-Craig

Message 10/11             15-Aug-00  @  12:53 PM   -   RE: blank patches in virus after upgrading to OS3

tetsuo2

and for the record , this is easily the most fuckin unreal kit in my setup

Message 11/11             16-Aug-00  @  08:40 AM   -   RE: blank patches in virus after upgrading to OS3

99devils

It's got a lot of fans on Dancetech, including CasparProject, Mindspawn, Influx, Horizens...

-Craig

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)