aaa I NEED this sound... help me - linked track - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: I NEED this sound... help me - linked track

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/12             09-Aug-00  @  09:17 PM   -   I NEED this sound... help me - linked track

tetsuo2

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I would like to know if anyone knows how to acheive this sound, down load the track, its universal nation, im sure it will be recognized...

http://www.tetsuographics.com/UN99.mp3

this is a lead (its the main lead) that i have been hunting for for about a year, a can't nail it down.. something is always just a tad off.... I have a nova, a virus, an XTK, and a 2080 as far as synths go, and I'm sure at least ONE of em can step up  

please help.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             10-Aug-00  @  04:25 AM   -   RE: I NEED this sound... help me - linked track

phunkytek

It sounds like a square wave with a little portamento, and it is set low in the mix but has alot of hall reverb and some white noise. Use the Nova.That sound is right up the nova's alley. You should have no problem with that on the nova. I heard a preset that sounds like it.It's late now, but tomorow I'll drum it up and get back to you on the exact settings.By the way, I love that track, it is on a Seb fontain CD, but I forget the name of it. That's a differant mix though. the other has that grumbled sample "... somthin.. somthin..lots of space ..." check back tomorrow. I'll get.

Message 3/12             10-Aug-00  @  05:07 AM   -   RE: I NEED this sound... help me - linked track

phunkytek

I hope this helps. This should give you what you need. The trick was in the noise and detuning the osc. set your nova as follows. osc1: mix=127 waveform=saw fine-tune=-28, osc2: mix=57 wave= square fine-tune=+5, osc3: mix=45 wave=square ,noise mix=45, and mod mix on all =0, filter 24db, no lfo, experiment with reverb and chorus, and set the porta=3. That should do it. Good luck, Brett.

Message 4/12             10-Aug-00  @  05:49 AM   -   RE: I NEED this sound... help me - linked track

B.R.I.

Link?: Link

Or alternatively, try similar settings on your virus, but:

use the 1st filter as a bandpass and the 2nd filter
as a lowpass, and it should sound even closer to the lead-sound on the mp3-file.

Message 5/12             10-Aug-00  @  10:00 AM   -   RE: I NEED this sound... help me - linked track

tetsuo2

Im going to try both methods today! Thank you!! If anyone else knows any other way, please post it...

-sean

Message 6/12             10-Aug-00  @  10:05 AM   -   RE: I NEED this sound... help me - linked track

tetsuo2

this sound isn't using UNISON mode???

Message 7/12             10-Aug-00  @  01:40 PM   -   RE: I NEED this sound... help me - linked track

k

fuck me, cant you put up a small excerpt?.. 3.5 mb!!...

Message 8/12             10-Aug-00  @  01:47 PM   -   RE: I NEED this sound... help me - linked track

tetsuo2

hey it on my site   its ok ;)

Message 9/12             10-Aug-00  @  02:34 PM   -   RE: I NEED this sound... help me - linked track

99devils

Big d/l for those with slow connections though...

-Craig

Message 10/12             10-Aug-00  @  03:14 PM   -   RE: I NEED this sound... help me - linked track

phunkytek

on the Virus, you can use diferant filters on each osc? That's great. I would love to play with one, but no Stores in Houston stock them.

Message 11/12             11-Aug-00  @  03:48 PM   -   RE: I NEED this sound... help me - linked track

tetsuo2

yea im more impressed wit my virus EVERY DAY.. theres just sooo much it can do...

I regret gettin the nova 1st.. I shoulda gotten the virus 1st, only then i may have deemed less of a need for the nova...

Message 12/12             11-Aug-00  @  04:22 PM   -   RE: I NEED this sound... help me - linked track

jpotter2

Yeah, there's a split mode that routes some of the OSC to one Filter and others to the 2nd Filter. Noise and ring mod get routed to one of the 2 filters - not right in front of my Virus so I can't tell you for sure but that's the idea.

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)