aaa ER-1 Midi implementation - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: ER-1 Midi implementation

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 07-Jul-00  @  02:33 AM   -   ER-1 Midi implementation

rwakelin

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I've got an ER-1, which I like, but I have a question about the MIDI implementation.

I use the ER-1's programs as a kind of scratch-pad, but I want to do my "real editing" in a software sequencer. So what I want to do is MIDI dump the part settings of the ER-1 to sequencer so I can restore them from the PC before play-back (like a performance dump in Roland speak). But there doesn't seem to be a facility for this. It seems that I have to reselect the same program in the ER-1 to recover the sounds and hence I have to take care to preserve programs in the ER-1...

Am I missing something? Has someone found a way around this?

Rich

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/12             26-Sep-00  @  09:11 PM   -   RE: ER-1 Midi implementation

phunkytek

isn't midi clock the sync method, it may use spmte as it's sync type. Is it looking for a responce from the unit and just sitting there when you hit play? If so , it is spmte. spmte require two way comunication and a frame resolution. Most sofware apps like that send midi clock, and offering smpte for a more advanced and accurate sync, but if it has smpte, it should also have clock. Make sure you have the right port selected for the clock and the unit set up as the slave. Check to see if there is a start stop positioner setting that needs to be transmitted like in cakewalk. I don't use it anymore, but that is how it worked.

Message 12/12             06-Oct-00  @  08:06 AM   -   RE: ER-1 Midi implementation

H

Norsez did you work w/ korg in the
creation of your software?i have a
question but I need to know more about
your contact w/ korg
first................

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)