aaa Could someon please keep this section ANALOG - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Could someon please keep this section ANALOG

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 28-May-00  @  01:40 PM   -   Could someon please keep this section ANALOG

techheadz

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I own a small analog synthesizer studio and would like to discuss anything about non patching analog synthesizers.Do you hate presets?I DO.

Please try to keep the discussions limited to currently available analog synths.Don't email me about virtual synths please.IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW YOU COULD BUY A NEW ANALOG SYNTHESIZER LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS ON ANOTHER FORUM.

I AM NOT AN ANALOG NAZI WHATEVER THE HELL THAT IS.I JUST WOULD LIKE TO FIND LIKE MINDED OSC. DRIFTERS.

HERE'S A HINT: IF THE MANUAL THAT CAME WITH YOUR SYNTHESIZER DIDN'T SAY TO WARM THE UNIT UP 30mins. PRIOR TO USE YOU ARE IN THE WRONG AREA.

LET'S MAKE THE ANALOG KORNER ANALOG!!!!!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/13             31-May-00  @  03:12 AM   -   RE: Could someon please keep this section ANALOG

jaswho1

actually the one that fits on a tech1200
is called the kingston dubcutter and
it's real...they've got a site but I
don't have the addrress right now do a
search it'll be out by fall....

the kingston dubcutter...

Message 12/13             31-May-00  @  09:10 AM   -   RE: Could someon please keep this section ANALOG

H

Does it have a filter?What kind of compound do you cut with?I'm going do a search but Kingston Dubcutter is probably going to bring out all the Tubby and cutty ranks links.I'll have a go at it.2 cutting machines ,WICKED.

later

Message 13/13             31-May-00  @  09:32 AM   -   RE: Could someon please keep this section ANALOG

H

It,s actually the Kingston Dubplate Cutter.It appears it cuts on an acetate laquer which wears out after about 20-35 plays.I mean fuck you can those cut for $35 US.The Vestax is using a new compound which you can scratch w/ and the shit holds up.The rep said blanks will only be $10 each.The kingstons are $7.Both units are expected to sell for under $5000 US.However the kingston is a cutting arm/amp/encoder in a tonearm type package.The Vestax is a stand alone lathe.If you wan't to cut dubplates I would suggest getting hold of a used Neuman lathe probably for about $3.5k to $4k.It's a stand alone lathe w/ VU and everything.I'd rather the Vestax personally because of the compound.Just yank that filter and watch that bass phase.

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)