aaa midi problems i think?? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: midi problems i think??

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 25-Aug-00  @  06:37 AM   -   midi problems i think??

jordonfreightltd

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

i love my sn2 but it's causing me a little trouble and i need some help.

first, i can now record in realtime arpegiator events through a mix of local on/off and cubase thru on/off but on occasions no key presses will be detected. i haven't changed anything or done anything different, it just happens and no sound is evident when i try to arpegiatte. is this midi congestion??

second, if i record drums, sometimes every other note on is not registered in cubase. pressing a key will not show on the midi in bar in cubase every time, what could be the problem??

i'm sure it's a midi thing but i've tried everything i can think of. any ideas welcome

thanx

jon

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/14             04-Sep-00  @  05:57 AM   -   RE: midi problems i think??

jon.s

thanks phil for advising. isn't this a rather fundamental problem (and not small)??

i can live with this for the moment in the knowledge that you can confirm that this problem IS causing what i describe. it seems it should be the case but i need an authorative view.

anyhow, i cannot use the snII as i please for this reason so please do hurry up with this 'fix' as i can't stand looking at this monster synth and not being able to use it how i wish.

thanx

jon.

Message 12/14             04-Sep-00  @  06:21 AM   -   RE: midi problems i think??

Phill

The problem mentioned only occurs when local control is set to off. Simply turning it back on will cure the problem.

Sounds from SNV1 can be loaded into the SNVII & NOVAII series.

Phill

Message 13/14             04-Sep-00  @  08:06 AM   -   RE: midi problems i think??

jon.s.

yeah, that's it. obviosuly used in a multi-timbral set-up this is causing headaches.

when do you expect revised os to cure this??

Message 14/14             04-Sep-00  @  11:30 AM   -   RE: midi problems i think??

Phill

I will advise.

Cheers,
Phill

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)