aaa Which is the better synth??? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Which is the better synth???

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 26-Jul-00  @  11:51 PM   -   Which is the better synth???

cocomox

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I'm torn between a few synths. This would be my only synth, and I might even sell the ER1 if the drums are decent. Here are the competetors:

Access Virus B
Waldorf MicroWaveXT 30 voice
Novation Nova (or Supernova)

Again, this is to be my one-and-only synth, to do entire tracks on. I like these because they have decent polyphony, effects, and great sound. But which should I get? I'm on a really tight budget. Are there any others that could be on that list?

-Nick

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/14             08-Aug-00  @  05:50 PM   -   RE: Which is the better synth???

cocomox

Wanna sell me the Virus?  

My main thing is the polyphony. I guess I don't need so much anymore, as I have a QS6.1 (64 voices), but I need a modelling synth, and either the Virus, the 8000, the Waldorf, or SOMETHING needs to fit the bill.

-Nick

Message 12/14             08-Aug-00  @  06:21 PM   -   RE: Which is the better synth???

komputer

How about the Novation? JP-808O....

Message 13/14             08-Aug-00  @  11:34 PM   -   RE: Which is the better synth???

cocomox

I've been looking at those too. They all look good to me, but people have been telling me that the Virus is better than the competition. So far, all but the review above have favored the Virus. Anyone else got some 2 cents to share?

-Nick

Message 14/14             09-Aug-00  @  07:03 AM   -   RE: Which is the better synth???

Maarten

Link?:  Link

Mate 'o mine has it in his studio.... IMHO it kicks ass! (Period!).

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)