aaa Rest Time Signature for MC-202 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Rest Time Signature for MC-202

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/15             24-Jun-00  @  02:42 PM   -   Rest Time Signature for MC-202

pedicelli

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Does anyone know how to assigne rest time signatures on the MC-202? I thought it would be the first button on the 202 when in step mode (192), but it doesn't seem to work...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/15             24-Jun-00  @  10:45 PM   -   RE: Rest Time Signature for MC-202

e

Link?:  No link

are you otherwise pleased with the 202 ( i am getting one, i think, and i need to know if should)

Message 3/15             25-Jun-00  @  05:53 PM   -   RE: Rest Time Signature for MC-202

pedicelli

It's a good synth and has an ok sequencer, but it can be replicated in everyway with my Korg Prophecy. I also control the MC-202 via Seq-303 with my Kenton Pro Solo.

Message 4/15             28-Jun-00  @  08:51 AM   -   RE: Rest Time Signature for MC-202

e

i just got a 202.. this thing makes me want to cry. it ssounds so good, but you cant change the sequences realtime, and you cant save sequences :*(. i only have a midi -> din sync box... :*( but the sounds are awesome... wayyyyyyy beter than a 303...so much more expressive...

e

Message 5/15             28-Jun-00  @  08:52 AM   -   RE: Rest Time Signature for MC-202

e

oh yea... why not just make the step as long as you want the note before the rest and the rest combined, but make the gate only as long as the note?

Message 6/15             28-Jun-00  @  03:25 PM   -   RE: Rest Time Signature for MC-202

swanofnever

pedicelli, the way you program the 202's sequencer is by giving it both note "lengths" and "gates"... if you want it to rest, do what e said -- have the gate shut before the "note" (as defined by the 'length') ends, and the remaining time will be a rest...

i think that maybe the real problem is that you're a racist, homophobic, eurocentric mysogenist who thinks that maybe if he uses daddy's money to buy a few "groove" machines he can be 'cool' like the prodigy. i doubt you'd have a problem with the 202 if you were as into sequencing, music theory, or programming as you are into impressing your uneducated greasy gino friends... i'm glad you're going out to "raves", in a few years you can form a crew with the rest of the pigs from your frat and slip roofies to 15 year olds.
i hate to jump to conclusions, but i saw your web site and that's just sad, wrong and unacceptable. little kids like you should learn some respect.

furthurmore if you're sequencing the 202 via a kenton midi/cv, you're even more of a fool, since the 202 converts incoming cv's to digital info(quantizing as it goes, which means it _can't_ be "replicated in every way", YOU CAN'T EVEN SLIDE! ), _then_ driving the synth from the digital info -- this means you'll get lag. use a midi->dinsync and the 202's sequencer, or better yet sell your gear to someone who's not going to waste the oppertunity.

i'm sorry if i'm sounding harsh, but your web page had some fairly offensive comments, i can't beleive someone like you has a fucking 303, what are you, 12?

p.s - look up the word "implicated" some time, i don't think it means what you think it means.

Message 7/15             28-Jun-00  @  07:46 PM   -   RE: Rest Time Signature for MC-202

pedicelli

>pedicelli, the way you program the 202's sequencer is by giving it >both note "lengths" and "gates"... if you want it to rest, do what e >said -- have the gate shut before the "note" (as defined by the >'length') ends, and the remaining time will be a rest...

I'll try that. I just thought there would be some kind of time signature button like the TB-303 has.

>i think that maybe the real problem is that you're a racist, >homophobic, eurocentric mysogenist

Oh, decided to open a can of worms, eh you bliming cunt? Who in fucking hell asked for your comment? This board was clean and full of intelligent discussion and questions until your lame ass came here.

>who thinks that maybe if he uses daddy's money to buy a few >"groove" machines he can be 'cool' like the prodigy.

Firslty, I don't get a penny from any of my family members. All of my equipment was bought with my own money which I got from working. So piss off with lame shit like that.

>i doubt you'd have a problem with the 202 if you were as into >sequencing, music theory, or programming

Firstly, I have no problems with sequencing, am classically trained in many music domains, have no problem with theory, and my programming is probably 10 million times that your dumb ass.

>as you are into impressing your uneducated greasy gino friends...

Who's racist now? Calling fuckin' Italians greasy...firstly, I'm a Northern Italian and they're not known to be greasy at all...you typicalizing cunt. Go to hell.

>little kids like you should learn some respect.

Dum-dee-dum-dum, suck my cock...suck me cock, lalalalalal, suck my cock.

>furthurmore if you're sequencing the 202 via a kenton midi/cv, >you're even more of a fool, since the 202 converts incoming cv's to >digital info(quantizing as it goes, which means it _can't_ be >"replicated in every way", YOU CAN'T EVEN SLIDE! ),

Have you ever used the Kenton Pro solo? It doesn't quantize shit, and portamento can be programmed. Shows how much you know...

>use a midi->dinsync and the 202's sequencer

I do that with a Doepfer MSY-2.

>or better yet sell your gear to someone who's not going to waste the oppertunity.

Jealous, aren't you? You probably have one of those nice Casio or Yamaha keyboards with 99 six bit PCM samples...

>i'm sorry if i'm sounding harsh, but your web page had some fairly >offensive comments, i can't beleive someone like you has a fucking >303, what are you, 12?

I don't give a shit what you think, it's a free world and I'm free to write whatever I want in the limits of what my web server permits.

Message 8/15             28-Jun-00  @  07:53 PM   -   RE: Rest Time Signature for MC-202

pedicellI

Link?:  Link

To e@soundscaper.com ,

There is a way to save and load sequences. It all has to do with something called the 202 hack. In essence, using a Java based program (what your web browser sometimes uses) and the TAPE IN port, you can load sequences.

Step one is to make a MIDI sequence on your sequencer. Use Seq-303 (which I recommend highly) or do it manually by punching in notes. But if you choose option number 2, the information will mostly be quantized into the 202's sequencer. Step two is to convert the MIDI sequence into a .WAV file. As weird as this now may seem, the .WAV file is then transfered to the 202 with the hack into the TAPE in and voila, a sequence is loaded and you always have the original one on your hard drive or hardware MIDI sequencer.

I haven't tried this for myself yet, I'm still too busy with just fiddling with the 202 and triggering it via the Kenton. Will probably try it in the next couple of weeks or so. Peace.

Oh ya, and check out this website for more info on the 202 hack:
http://g41-88.citenet.net/noise/202/

Message 9/15             29-Jun-00  @  09:55 AM   -   RE: Rest Time Signature for MC-202

swanofnever

look, i don't want this to turn into a flame war, i just want to clarify a couple points:

1) i don't care if your midi-cv doesn't quantize, what i was trying to say is that when _the_202_ receives a cv signal, IT quantizes that analog signal to the nearest semi-tone, and stores that in memory, THEN retrives the stored value and feeds it to the synth.

2)don't accuse me of being racist, cause _i'm_ italian too (zuliani -- northern also, and by the way i called you greasy cause i saw the pics, not cause i have some sort of stereotyping problem), and frankly it's people like you (racist sexist homophobes) that give us all such a bad rep. you can write all the shit you want on your page, but all you're doing is advertizing your obvious lack of education and/or intelligence.

peace

p.s - house music was started using mostly old casios... and 6-bit samples are where it's at for perc sounds (hello, 909?); it's little wankers like you that made roland the massive, trendy, overpriced beast it is now... and for the record me and my polysix, etc. etc. will out-phat your VA rig anyday.

Message 10/15             29-Jun-00  @  06:05 PM   -   RE: Rest Time Signature for MC-202

Local Boy

Link?:  Link

Swanofnever, what exactly did you find offensive on the pedsters page? I had a look and found nothing like you describe? please give an example.

Message 11/15             30-Jun-00  @  09:20 AM   -   RE: Rest Time Signature for MC-202

swanofnever

hmmm, i don't know... maybe the racist words and sexist somments thrown in here and there... maybe the 274 pics of him and his 303... the attitude.
but mostly the racist thing... it's just not funny, man.

Message 12/15             02-Jul-00  @  07:18 PM   -   RE: Rest Time Signature for MC-202

303 4EVER

I took a look at the guy's website too. Very equipment based and informative. I remember a funny quote from the board about a year ago...forget who said it, but in this case it's safe to say that swanofnever justs sucks the cock of antilopes.

Leave pedicelli alone. He never starts up with anyone. This MC-202 thread was even started with a serious question, not meaning to flame anyone.

Message 13/15             04-Jul-00  @  11:37 AM   -   RE: Rest Time Signature for MC-202

swanofnever

sorry for being such an intolerant bastard, but i HATE it when people use racist comments (i.e "nigger" headphones) lightly and/or jokingly... it's NOT okay, it's NOT just a joke, and i don't care how fucking much a get flamed for saying it, pedicelli is a fucking ignorant kid for not realizing that.

Message 14/15             04-Jul-00  @  12:54 PM   -   RE: Rest Time Signature for MC-202

303 4EVER

I e-mailed pedicelli and told him to change "nigger headphones" to "moulignane' headphones". It's much more appropriate.

Message 15/15             05-Jul-00  @  10:11 PM   -   RE: Rest Time Signature for MC-202

komputerkontrolled

you crying little Swanofnever-ending-whinning wussy.

I can't deal with this! I have bitten my tongue the whole time you have been on here. Due to Kilo going balistic on me, but I can't help it anymore. Please quit cranking like a little child and drop it already.

Put a lid on it already! Christ Almighty, Jesus!

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)