aaa SH-101 & novaMod - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: SH-101 & novaMod

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 15-Oct-00  @  02:30 PM   -   SH-101 & novaMod

nobody

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

so.. how hard is it to find a SH-101 is good shape, i.e. one that doesn't need to have all pots & sliders replaced, doesn't have bangs & shmangs, and ain'ts been abused essentially. oh & HOW MUCH?? if there's a new novaMod coming i'll do it. i thought they were done (the novaMods) but like i says..

anyone know?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/16             21-Oct-00  @  01:49 AM   -   RE: SH-101 & novaMod

trypt

Link?:  No link

ahem....

http://www.robotnik.com/the_lab/synths/sh-1
01/NovaMod/NovaMod.html

Message 12/16             21-Oct-00  @  12:37 PM   -   RE: SH-101 & novaMod

nobody

Link?:  Link

well, yes..

Message 13/16             31-Oct-00  @  03:06 AM   -   RE: SH-101 & novaMod

phunkytek

I e-mail the Lab once very couple of months. They were going to offer a kit, but i guess they bailed on it. The web page is out of date by over a year, and I don't think they will reenter the mod business. Mods take forever. I offered to pay the guy $750 to do my 101 and he turned me down. They don't even answer e-mail anymore. The Novamod is just a memory. We should work on getting the Delvilfish guy to do a 101 mod. Probably have better luck.

Message 14/16             31-Oct-00  @  04:54 AM   -   RE: SH-101 & novaMod

H

Man I read all that cool shit and then saw that it was history

i used to make some great stuff w/ just a 101 and a DR-110.I shouldn't have sold them.i got an MPC and a 777.so fuck it.

YES I AM REALLY INTO THE 777 BECAUSE IT IS ALL I'VE EVER WANTED IN A SYNTH AND THEY HAVE MODS FOR IT TOO.I HAVEN"T DONE ANY CAUSE IT ALREADY HAS 32 knobs and 7 switches in the synth section and the pettern seq. features individual editing of each step so if you fuck up you can fix it instead of starting over.Man It's SICK.And it has wood sides and feels like a Prophet 5 knobwise.It's so cool.I was standing at the counter of this convienience store and looked down at this poster for all these Scratch n Play fake lotto winners and Half of them said $777 weird huh and when i started my jeep today the clock said 606.Hmmmm.Am I POSSESED? IF SO SPIRITS PLEASE STAY AS LONG AS YOU LIKE.

-;) touched by sound mos def.

Message 15/16             04-Nov-00  @  06:56 AM   -   RE: SH-101 & novaMod

phunkytek

I always prefered the Teebee because all the knobs transmit midi. The 777 does a lot more I know, but the 303 emulation is spot on on both units and I would'nt use the sequencer. Great synth though. I cv gate my 101 with my bass station. I'm sure you can get the 777 to sound a lot like the 101 too.

Message 16/16             04-Nov-00  @  11:05 AM   -   RE: SH-101 & novaMod

H

it makes all sorts of sounds.naughty and nice.Wouldn't use the sequencer?why not?I use it sometimes and sometimes i just use the machine as a tone module.I was listening to a track i did w/ a 101 and a dr110 in my car the other night and I wish i still had mine but the 777 is the tone monkey from outer space,actually Kansas.My MS 404 does the best 101s in my rig it just doesn't have the sequencer.i'm thinking about getting a FR mobius(777 seq. section) for it.

I'm not really doing much 303,101,and 202 emulating because these machines can go to other levels simply unobtainable by the old boxes.Although I do love those old boxes.

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)