aaa why am i getting stuck notes??? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: why am i getting stuck notes???

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 21-Sep-00  @  04:54 PM   -   why am i getting stuck notes???

george benson

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

howdy all,

it's my new SN2kb. it's a long time since i had such a technical bit of kit and it's causing havoc with my head. too much midi data i reckon.

it seems to be locking up all my midi modules one way or the other. even the kb itself has locked. if you press the keys lightly you can get away with playing but if you play hard, then there's trouble.

i've tried all the midi filters in the sequencer so it must be being sent from the kb and getting through somehow.

can anyone give me a checklist of possible reasons to look out for.

darn good machine though,

all the best

george

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/16             25-Sep-00  @  02:38 PM   -   RE: why am i getting stuck notes???

syrupdude

yea dude. midi over usb is evil.

Message 12/16             25-Sep-00  @  09:56 PM   -   RE: why am i getting stuck notes???

Barry White

USB is funky, but you see my man, not the RiGHT kinda funk...its funked up, sho yo riGHt.

Message 13/16             26-Sep-00  @  02:06 PM   -   RE: why am i getting stuck notes???

Charles Kim

Thanks for the reply, Phil. What kind of interface
are you using? Also, if you have one of those
USB Macs, which serial adapter do you use?

Charles

Message 14/16             27-Sep-00  @  02:06 AM   -   RE: why am i getting stuck notes???

Phill

Actually...A trusty olde Anatek Pocket Mac at present, as an interim thing, running off a Stealth Serial card in a G3 B&W.

I will be going for an EMagic interface ASAP.

Message 15/16             09-Oct-00  @  04:24 AM   -   RE: why am i getting stuck notes???

dial0g

Link?:  Link

hmm, have you checked to make sure your not getting MIDI feedback (MIDI loop, whatever it is that they call it)? I don't know about the random notes being played, but I know I've had some of my gear freeze up on me when I accidentally had a MIDI cable patched incorrectly...

Message 16/16             09-Oct-00  @  11:57 AM   -   RE: why am i getting stuck notes???

george benson

hi guys,

phil, why you make them midi ports on the snII so darn tight. tight is safe and secure but this is painful and scary when putting in my midi leads.

george

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)