aaa for all the whingers......................... - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: for all the whingers.........................

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/17             04-Nov-00  @  03:02 PM   -   for all the whingers.........................

sick and tired

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

here you go - i started a thread for you over at the slaggit board so you can fuck off over there and moan endlessly about the nova os. im fucking sick and tired of this shit, its wearing thin to say the least and your rants are tiring and completely pointless - moaning all the time will not get the os finished quicker, so just fuck off over there and leave the rest of us (who are also waiting for the new os) to talk about something useful.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/17             05-Nov-00  @  08:37 AM   -   RE: for all the whingers.........................

more like 'weak and spineless'

Link?:  No link

The only ranting I keep hearing is from you, and people like you!

Were just trying to explain ourselves to
the bunch of illiterates who keep mis-
understanding what it is were saying.
Read s l o w l y. Yeah that way you wont miss any critical points!

All we are trying to say is we're getting screwed with the upgrades, more or less. But the synth is great. Hopefully better by Christmas when Santa brings me a new OS(I can dream cant I)

But all of you who dont care for the
upgrade and have tried to prevent others from speaking their opinion,
why do you bother to read the Novation forum?

If your not interested, then
WHY ARE YOU READING THIS?
Why are you replying,go make some music
and dont worry about it.

Such hypocrites.

Dont like whats on TV? Change the channel. Nothing on the radio? Turn it off.

But no one is making you read anything.

Oh but you have more important things to discuss, like whats on your chat forum:
MY CACK GETS ME IN TROUBLE
JOCK TRYING TO LOOK HARD
OLD SPECKLED HEN
and an interesting one called WTF!!!
which is about literally nothing.
So why dont you go jump off a cliff or
walk into oncoming traffic or something really useful.
bye

and dont let me catch you around here again, or else...

Message 3/17             05-Nov-00  @  11:32 AM   -   RE: for all the whingers.........................

you fucking dickhead

you just dont fucking get it do you? youre not explaining yourself, youre moaning fucking constantly, ruining this whole forum by acting like a bunch of adolescents. everyone knows the situation and everyone is growing tired of waiting for the new os but its been the same old shit here for too long, were just going to have to wait, thats it. yes it sucks, but in the meantime lets actually talk about something useful rather than turning every thread into another of your bitter rants. thats all im going to say. now fuck off, prick.

Message 4/17             05-Nov-00  @  06:49 PM   -   RE: for all the whingers.........................

H

my my I was going to ask about bugs in the nova and i guess this says it all.

wow it's nice to know that other peeps understand how bugs,missing features and slow upgrades(S5000)can piss you off.It took a year and 2 months from the time I got my S5000 until the time I could use my prexisting 3000 programs in it.There isn't much thats shittier than having absolutely zero sounds of your own work in a machine when you're a monosynth addict who gets handed a sampler that is missing a mono mode and portamento.I think i'll stick w/ the cheap monosynths for now.I'll check back to see if it gets better.

I will not wait for a bridge to be built over my digital divide anymore. if it's any consolation thanks for ripping each others heads off you just saved me a bunch of stress.

Message 5/17             05-Nov-00  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: for all the whingers.........................

New Nova Owner

Seriously....the whiners almost made me think twice about getting my Nova...luckily I realized that since they have nothing better to write about, they probably can't do too much with any synth....the new OS is just a convenient excuse for their perpetual writers' block, lack of talent, stale basslines etc.!!!!!

Message 6/17             05-Nov-00  @  07:00 PM   -   RE: for all the whingers.........................

phunkytek

H, the synth works fine. It's the upgraded OS we want, not an update to fix anything. I like my nova's sounda and features. The delays and reverb are useable , but the flange and distortion algorythms suck.

Message 7/17             05-Nov-00  @  08:06 PM   -   RE: for all the whingers.........................

Jock

It's only Kilo up to his bad bag of tricks...chill out!

Message 8/17             05-Nov-00  @  09:36 PM   -   RE: for all the whingers.........................

whats a whinGer, I know about whiner

Mr. Y. F. Dickhead,

Nobodys stopping you from talking about something useful. Are we?

Go ahead , lets hear what useful things you have to say.

NOTHING!

Thats why you keep replying to these threads, it seem YOU have nothing better to do.

Whining about the whiners!

Whos worse, us for bitching about an OS, or YOU bitching about US?!

So wheres all the kick ass music youre making while we have nothing better to do but bitch?

Let see some URLs...

And I still have to ask if you dont care about the OS, why you reading this?

You cant say anything else but
"Oh you cant make music then so give up"

Nice try sucka!

And btw, who the fuck appointed you grand spokesperson and defender of Novation UK?

Now go and drink some kerosene or stick a fork in an electrical outlet and help the human race by ridding your DNA from the gene pool!
bye

Message 9/17             06-Nov-00  @  04:26 PM   -   RE: for all the whingers.........................

me

Hey... Lets also start a thread for all you who think Novation canīt do anything wrong or donīt dare to complain.

Message 10/17             06-Nov-00  @  05:51 PM   -   RE: for all the whingers.........................

k

huh?... jock?.. i aint posted anything above!!... i've given my opinion months ago & now i'm staying out of it.

Message 11/17             06-Nov-00  @  07:02 PM   -   RE: for all the whingers.........................

H

Damn!

-;0 Stale basslines and forks in an outlet?Passionate about our gear are we?

Perpetual writers block seems accurate to me.

You guys crack me up

Message 12/17             06-Nov-00  @  07:37 PM   -   RE: for all the whingers.........................

iago

In my search for new and insightful synth forums it seems I have come across a kindergarten scrap. You ALL are a bunch of little bitches. Every other forum has its share of snide remarks but that's all you guys do for christ's sake. All this talk of violence, maybe if your mommies would have beat you when you were younger you wouldn't be acting like a bunch of snot-nosed brats! btw don't bother responding to this in your cute little bitch way, because I will never be back to this site. Hope youre proud being 2-year-olds!

Message 13/17             06-Nov-00  @  11:51 PM   -   RE: for all the whingers.........................

Well done guys

I can't think of a better way of delaying any forthcoming OS than all the bitching that's been going on here.

For every potential customer of Novation gear that's been turned away from their purchase because of all the bad vibes here - that's one less customer to keep Novation in business.

Keep on guys and who knows, maybe Novation will end up bust. Who's going to write your precious little operating system then ?

I'm sure Novation will have learned a few valuable lessons from this sorry little saga. Don't be surprised if the OS whenever it DOES get released contains just enough to fulfil the use of the 'special' buttons and no more.

Prediction : One 'special' waveform (Sine anyone ?) and one 'special' filter type. That'll be your lot. no more upgrades after the next one.

After such "customer loyalty" and support as has been apparrent on this forum recently I'd be very surprised if we saw much more. why should they bust a gut now giving us all these features when they don't make any money (and never have done) from releasing operating systems for the older machines.

Novation won't make the mistake of designing an upgradeable product again after all this flak.

Expect to pay for your enhanced operating systems after this.

Let's hope I'm wrong, but somehow I doubt it.

Message 14/17             07-Nov-00  @  12:04 AM   -   RE: for all the whingers.........................

psylichon

It's weird..

On my browser (Netscape), I have the option not to click on a subject thread if it doesn't interest me. And even if I accidentally click on a subject that doesn't interest me, I have this button labeled "back" that takes me back to where I really want to be. And even if I forget where the "back" button is, there's this remarkable scroll feature that allows me to bypass entries that I find juvenile or otherwise unworthy of my attention.

Is my web browser unique in these particulars? Perhaps I've just realized the power of simply ignoring that in which I find no merit. I don't have to reply to stupid threads, even if I have a smartass comeback! I have the technology not to respond!

We all like to be sarcastic, and we ALL like to give our opinions, even if they aren't new opinions. Everyone just take a big shit and unwind a little... yer all so uptight! Remember, we're talkin' MUSIC here...

Maybe my weed's just better....?

peace...

psylichon

Message 15/17             07-Nov-00  @  12:12 AM   -   RE: for all the whingers.........................

k

anyways the new site is due soon and you'll be glad to know those people are all going to be be banned - bye bye .... you had your chance..... the new site forums will allow you to upload a file with each post easily, and if that file is an RA audio example or image they are formatted appropriatly for display or streaming - we are stepping up a gear in facilities and for that reason the prickheads have to go i'm afraid... oh and there will be lots of samples too - we got drummers, vocalists, etc lined up to do stuff - stay tooned.

Message 16/17             07-Nov-00  @  09:37 PM   -   RE: for all the whingers.........................

Me

So the new site will only be for people who donīt dare to complain and love to suck up?

Message 17/17             07-Nov-00  @  11:34 PM   -   RE: for all the whingers.........................

H

jeez that's no good.what about those of us who have bad days?But i must agree after looking this area over i'm not to keen on a nova anymore i guess.

-: i don't know do you?

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)