aaa Whats fatter than 3 oscillators per voice? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Whats fatter than 3 oscillators per voice?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 17-Oct-00  @  01:19 PM   -   Whats fatter than 3 oscillators per voice?

Phill

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Supernova II series users should take a peek at our site...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/17             23-Oct-00  @  09:02 PM   -   RE: Whats fatter than 3 oscillators per voice?

Rzo

oh please... the price difference between a Nova 1 vs. a Nova 2 is SO huge... you have expect that the newer range will offer more upgrades and sound superior. I was gonna get a Nova about a year ago, but I decided to wait when I got word of the II series.

Message 12/17             23-Oct-00  @  09:34 PM   -   RE: Whats fatter than 3 oscillators per voice?

PHUNKYTEK

When you are a professional and need a synth for your work, waiting for the next model is not an option. I did however buy my Nova I under the impression it would have some certain modifications made to the OS. Filter, and knob movement enhancements. They had to tell us this in order to raise the cash flows to fund the S/NovaII project. This would'nt bother me except that now that they have accomplished their goal, we with the s/novaI's are expecting Novation to live up to it's part of the deal and what we get are vaugue open ended referances to when we will see this last update. We want it now Phill. End of story. Code the OS and give it to us. Most of us are patient. I would have liked to have waited for the Nova II, but my music could'nt wait.I faithfully bought the novaI in support of your company and it's products. I was one of the first owners of the bass station and have a lot of faith in your products. Don't put this project of for any reason or you shall lose many customers. The compatition is tuff in this business, and if I have to sell my nova to get more power, believe me I wont be purchasing Novation.

Message 13/17             24-Oct-00  @  08:56 AM   -   RE: Whats fatter than 3 oscillators per voice?

tbc

Well put, Phunkytek!

I couldn't have said it better.

I'm giving it until December, otherwise its goodbye Nova, and GOODBYE NOVATION!
enuff is enuff
tbc

Message 14/17             24-Oct-00  @  04:50 PM   -   RE: Whats fatter than 3 oscillators per voice?

alphazone

Link?:  Link

I'm actually quite happy with my Nova. One thing that ticks me off though is there should have been a small OS update along the way to fix the unacceptable problems, such as the clicking and popping noises that occur when you use delay (also arpeggiator) on faster attack sounds. especially when you're also using reverb you get all this popping crud going on...very audible.
I personally don't care about the special buttons or whatever - I just want the unit to work properly soundwise - with no artifacts.

Brian C

Message 15/17             24-Oct-00  @  06:19 PM   -   RE: Whats fatter than 3 oscillators per voice?

phunkytek

I don't really get that pop. All analogs do it. Try adjusting the attack. Also I would like to point out, that I love the nova's sound palette and I make slamming tracks with it, but I would just like some more things to work with. I just thought i would have them by now. I'm looking to a few competitors to fill the gap. I wouldn't need to if the synth had some new filters and new fx algorythms to replace the current flange and distortion. We shall see. I checked on ebay and they are still going for $900. I paid $1100.00 4 months ago. Good deal, but I needed a synth that day to finish a project, and it has been an indispensable item, but there are so many others I did not demo, and I'm impressed witht the ms-2000. Not a lot of voices, but it sounds phenomonal. BT uses it for everything these days. I would love to get a s/novaII, but the pricipal of it. We'll see how novation handles it.

Message 16/17             24-Oct-00  @  08:04 PM   -   RE: Whats fatter than 3 oscillators per voice?

k

if you want more sound variety, i think you'd be much better off buying a complimatary synth rather than chaging the S/Nova, and say a JV, JD,... or my choice, a K2000 would compliment the nova superbly and i reckon do more for your sound than adding a few new filter options cos the 'sound' of a synth is it's whole character way more than any individual function can make a difference... - the K2000 is so cheap and has all the things supernova's don't... i think they go together superbly... the k2000 does all the wicked strings, real sounding stuff & fx stuff so well, it can stack 99 osc' on one voice, has endless filters & a massive wave & partials pallette & you can select alorithms with parts stacked in different orders etc.. it also does superb trance hard sawtooth sounds etc etc...

mebbe a compliment is better anyways cos if you swapped the nova/supernova, sure, you'd gain a new synth, but loose everything the nova does... cos the new synth you choose wont do what nova does and wont give you that Nova sound... so is it really worth loosing all that to gain some different feautures ?? - id much rather have my k2000 than upgrading to a supernova2 cos i want variety of pallette which is also why i use a real analog subbass mono-synth & also a DX in my rig... and also a wavestation , cos again, that does things none of the others can do

it is way preferable to do THAT imho than to have say 3 digital synths which all pretty much do the same thing with only the presets being different between them.

you can't find everything in one person - and the same goes for synths.

Message 17/17             25-Oct-00  @  02:08 AM   -   RE: Whats fatter than 3 oscillators per voice?

alphazone

Link?:  Link

I agree. I bought a Yamaha CS6r to complement my Nova (I also have a QS8 but I sold the wavestation). I was very close to going for the Virus b but I'm glad I went with the CS6r. They complement each other very well. The only thing I can't do is get those really aggressive/distorted analog leads. I use software synths for that..

Brian C

Pages: 1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)