aaa Nova Queries - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Nova Queries

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 22-Jul-00  @  12:08 PM   -   Nova Queries

oquinlan

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Well I finally got around to having a go on a Nova this afternoon, and I must say I was impressed far more than by the Virus. I have a few questions though, please bear with me as I'm new to these sort of synths:
1. On the virus you can shape the oscillator wave very precisely between square and sawtooth to create different waves, is this possible on the nova or are you stuck with saw and pulse?
2. What is the difference between a performance and a program and how would you use them.
3. If you have something coming in from the input and using the filtering etc does it use one of the six parts, not allowing you to use this part for synthesis?
4. How does the vocoder affect multitimbrality, polyphony?
5. Those of you who've had your nova for a while soes it still continue to inspire you?
Thanks, Oliver

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/17             23-Jul-00  @  10:22 AM   -   RE: Nova Queries

sitar

Link?:  Link

And that blue color is killer!

I've said this many times...these are serious synths. I felt that in my gut when I first set eyes on the Supernova, and it has lived up to my gut feeling and more. It's still astounding me.

Message 12/17             23-Jul-00  @  11:12 AM   -   RE: Nova Queries

Oliver

Yeah, and Itll match my RM1x :-)

Message 13/17             23-Jul-00  @  11:49 AM   -   RE: Nova Queries

sitar

Link?:  Link

What else could you possibly ask for???  

Message 14/17             23-Jul-00  @  12:39 PM   -   RE: Nova Queries

adams04

Hi dudes.
I,m slavering all over again seeing the new keyboard Nova!
I was trying to run a Wav file in VST thru the Filter on my Teebee last night_never mind if its Mono,i just wanted to see if i could tweak the mix.Nothing comes out.
Hmmm.
This thing about setting Midi channels to trigger said filter...Could u explain what to do?
On the Nova then u get 2 ins ,so i guess i could run a mix thru ,back into an In on the Desk,before sending it out as a tweaked tracK?
I didn,t find an explanation here yet,tho i bet someone has discussed this.Kilo;how do you get to tweak a whole mix in your studio?
I suppose,trying to do it on a finished mix isn,t the way,but i wanted to just hear what might be poss.
Suppose if u can explain how (to set Midi i,ll be able to test the Teebee again.
It does work on Audio files?
Or just other Midi equipment??

Thanx as usual Guruzoo.

PS;Any chance of getting a dealer discount on a NOVA11XL?? .

Message 15/17             23-Jul-00  @  01:11 PM   -   RE: Nova Queries

Oliver

Blue Rulez!

Message 16/17             23-Jul-00  @  01:17 PM   -   RE: Nova Queries

k

yeah thew sound goes thru the synth but you need to apply midi notes to open it... so the notes will effect the audio signal... without a midi note to 'operate' the synth, nothing comes out... so, one long note that lasts as long as the audio part, then use controllers to sweep a filter, or triggered notes in a pattern to re-trigger the synth... whatever suits.

i tweak a whole mix in my place with outboard on the mixer.. if you mean tweak the finished stereo file, then i dump it into Wavelab or SoundForge... then mebbe normalise, remove any dc offset, eq, enhancing etc etc...

Message 17/17             25-Jul-00  @  02:42 PM   -   RE: Nova Queries

Oliver

If you plug something into the inputs for filtering can you use the filter envelope to open the filter as a note played into the input sounds? Can you get the same sort of envelope following filter effects on something like a bass guitar as you can on synth parts?

Pages: 1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)