aaa Q rack synched to midi clock :( - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Q rack synched to midi clock :(

Viewing all 18 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/18             25-Aug-00  @  02:24 PM   -   Q rack synched to midi clock :(

DiamondRoof

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi all, I just received my Q rack the other day. I'm very impressed with the sounds this unit can produce (fucking insane),,,,,,,but there is one problem. If you have looked at the specs you would
know that it is 16 part multi right. Well yes and no. Yes*if your using it's on board sequencer (32 steps) / No*if your using an external seq. (my Rm1x 1920 steps). I guess when it is synched to
midi clock it can only play on 1 channel-which Fucking sucks for me. Kills my whole pattern / sequencing process. Because of this I'm not even sure if I want to keep it now and the problem is I
ordered it from everybody's favorite Krauts (musicians gear) who I don't think except returns. Fun,fun fun. So all you Access users out their, All your parts sync to midi clock and play back (yes). If so when is the Indigo supposed to be released again.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/18             25-Aug-00  @  03:43 PM   -   RE: Q rack synched to midi clock :(

99devils

That just doesn't sound right... Are you sure about that? I'd send an e-mail over to Waldorf and ask them for some clarification, because that kind of ruins the whole concept of a multitimbral module, no?

-Craig

Message 3/18             25-Aug-00  @  04:00 PM   -   RE: Q rack synched to midi clock :(

D.R.

I did and here is their responce     Wow, When I bought this unit I was expecting all my 16 parts to sync to midi
>clock and play back, just like every of unit I've owned. Hmmm, That kind of
kills my entire pattern making process. What a shame. Would the same PROBLEM apply if I was running Logic (I suppose it would). Well, ahh thank you for the quick response. I greatly appreciate it. Fastest tech support I've seen.P.S. It would be nice if this issue was mentioned in the Q's specs before I waited for 2 months to receive it from Germany.>>>>>>>>>>>>The point is: is works when the Q doesn't get Midi Clock - and obviously
this is a bug a needs to be fixed. Honestly I cannot tell you when this
will be fixed but we try to do this as soon as possible. I needs to be a
feature, not a limitation.
Anyway I hope you still will have fun with your Q. Best Wishes, Joerg Huettner

Message 4/18             26-Aug-00  @  04:45 PM   -   RE: Q rack synched to midi clock :(

r-tek

holy shit, that stinks. I still wanna mini-q when that comes out tho. Awwwwww, how cute, an ickle q in an ickle pulse case.

Message 5/18             26-Aug-00  @  10:44 PM   -   RE: Q rack synched to midi clock :(

nobody

Link?:  Link

a, so then ickle is some birtitsh thing then?

and i thought it was just a rTEC deal

Message 6/18             27-Aug-00  @  11:01 PM   -   RE: Q rack synched to midi clock :(

jere00001

I know that the Q is still in the process of being finished.But what is the thing with it not being multitimbral.Do you know if the keyboard is the same way? -JerE DoLL

Message 7/18             28-Aug-00  @  03:42 PM   -   RE: Q rack synched to midi clock :(

D.R.

Jere, I'd assume so. I just got another email from Waldorf stating that they can not give me an exact date when this problem will be fixed.So I think it's Virus B time, and I'll see my little friend the Q in the future. Pongoid, DigiBound, hows it going on your end of the Q?!

Message 8/18             29-Aug-00  @  07:22 PM   -   RE: Q rack synched to midi clock :(

jere00001

Hello-
I just got my used Q today.Is there a way to reintialize it with out haveing to dump a new system into it?
-Jere Doll

Message 9/18             30-Aug-00  @  02:49 PM   -   RE: Q rack synched to midi clock :(

r-tek

nobody - some Brrritkitisch people persons say it too.

Message 10/18             30-Aug-00  @  05:22 PM   -   RE: Q rack synched to midi clock :(

nobody

language is funny stuff

Message 11/18             31-Aug-00  @  04:30 AM   -   RE: Q rack synched to midi clock :(

Pongoid

I'm not sure I'm following you here in this gripe, or the Waldorf response. I have no problems whatsoever sync'ing things in the Q to an external time source. What are you trying to sync? I don't follow. Your internal sequences on various channels with various instruments? Arpeggiators? LFO's? I'm having no issues with that stuff. As for the multitimbrality issue, I don't see the problem either. It's 16 part through and through. It just takes a little figuring out. When I need to sync things, I set it to sync external on each individual sound, and set the global clock mode to run on auto, i.e. responding to external clock signal if present, and internal, if not. It's something you have to save into the sounds, cuz they'll default to something else, otherwise. Hope this helps.

Ape

Message 12/18             31-Aug-00  @  04:32 AM   -   RE: Q rack synched to midi clock :(

Pongoid

I'm not sure I'm following you here in this gripe, or the Waldorf response. I have no problems whatsoever sync'ing things in the Q to an external time source. What are you trying to sync? I don't follow. Your internal sequences on various channels with various instruments? Arpeggiators? LFO's? I'm having no issues with that stuff. As for the multitimbrality issue, I don't see the problem either. It's 16 part through and through. It just takes a little figuring out. When I need to sync things, I set it to sync external on each individual sound, and set the global clock mode to run on auto, i.e. responding to external clock signal if present, and internal, if not. It's something you have to save into the sounds, cuz they'll default to something else, otherwise. Hope this helps.

Ape

Message 13/18             31-Aug-00  @  10:58 PM   -   RE: Q rack synched to midi clock :(

jere00001

I think I have it? Say you have a sequence saved in the Q.You can play that via midi and will sync. But it is when you want to play sixteen sequences and have them all sync up to midi.It will only play one sequence. There is not a problem if you want to use the Q as a master, at least thats what I found out in my whole two days of owning the Q and talking to the man at waldorf. Does anyone know if it possible to reintialize the Q?
-jerE DOll

Message 14/18             05-Sep-00  @  07:12 PM   -   RE: Q rack synched to midi clock :(

D.R.

So it's multi + multi mode then inst. 1
through whatever. How fun. I just
figured it out earlier this week. It
would be nice if it was in the manual.
Pongoid, I don't know why Waldorf told
me what they did, but I sure felt prurty
damn stupid when I couldn't find how to
set up my tracks on the Q

Message 15/18             05-Sep-00  @  09:49 PM   -   RE: Q rack synched to midi clock :(

Pongoid

Ain't no thang, dude. I still haven't fully got the Vocoder sussed out, and am still trying to fine tune drum maps and get effects settings to where I want them. It's not an easy or perfect unit, but it is cool, and the sense of reward when you conquer the obstacle in the bastard is great.

Ape

Message 16/18             06-Sep-00  @  01:31 AM   -   RE: Q rack synched to midi clock :(

D.R.

So I just made a rock'n pattern on my little yellow friend and I don't have the slightest idea on how to save my multi set up. Pongoid are you on line at the moment? It would be so utterly
awesome if you were. I tried with multi + multi mode on hitting shift then the sound/store button after that a blinking mutli menu appeared, so I put a name in it. Does this mean I saved my set
up? I really don't want to turn it off then turn it on again and realize the I fucked up. Jew know?!  

Message 17/18             07-Sep-00  @  10:31 AM   -   RE: Q rack synched to midi clock :(

k

so it is 16 part multi - BUT will ONLY allow midi clocked arps & lfo's on ONE channel in any multi-timbrel setup ?... is that the spec??.... if yes, bit of a cock-up...

Message 18/18             07-Sep-00  @  12:49 PM   -   RE: Q rack synched to midi clock :(

D.R.

It's 16 part when using an external seq and 16 part when using the internal seq. From Waldorf's reply to my question I thought it was only 16 part when using it's internal (mix up . I just got a new
reply saying that the internal is 1 channel only when using an external an the Q's internal and get this- because of my complaint ( which wasn't valid ) they will have the problem fixed with in the week. What an awesome company.

Viewing all 18 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)