aaa here's some artists using Nova - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: here's some artists using Nova

Viewing all 18 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/18             25-Jun-00  @  12:15 PM   -   here's some artists using Nova

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

they say they use it as the main instrument now, (see the solarstone link on the toolbar), they also have nord, an1x & 106 - you can identify some nova sounds going in the tracks at times.. anyways, top toons they've had - an endorsement for the old s/nova peeps !

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/18             26-Jun-00  @  04:44 AM   -   RE: here's some artists using Nova

Geek

Link?:  No link

never heard of them?!? Whats the name of the artist? Deepblue?

Message 3/18             26-Jun-00  @  04:47 AM   -   RE: here's some artists using Nova

Geek

AND, they use the Supernova. Is anyone famous using the Nova?

Message 4/18             26-Jun-00  @  06:58 AM   -   RE: here's some artists using Nova

plasticandi

yeah, i hear john wayne bobbit is using one...
no, just kidding; there is some info on the novation site; the guy in jamiroquai and so on...

Message 5/18             26-Jun-00  @  06:14 PM   -   RE: here's some artists using Nova

Geek

But NO users using the Nova though. Is the Nova THAT inferior??

Message 6/18             26-Jun-00  @  10:28 PM   -   RE: here's some artists using Nova

sitar

Link?:  Link

I think the Nova came out after the Supernova and some of these bands probably swooped up the SN shortly after it came out. It's a wild stab but possibly a reason.

Message 7/18             27-Jun-00  @  12:17 PM   -   RE: here's some artists using Nova

k

prolly it's cos the named artists rushed out and bought one, so they allready have it... the guys above have done toons picked up and played by the some of the big name top dj's... most of what those guys play you wont have heard of except the stuff that makes the comp's... thats the thing about dance that is so great, there are guys running aound doing a label making a sucess but still fairly anonymous...

Message 8/18             30-Jun-00  @  12:57 PM   -   RE: here's some artists using Nova

Link?:  Link

i personnally think that people who r not that well informed think that the Nova is the crap/basic model and the SuperNova is some god like device.
i have friends that keep sying 2 me that when my tune comes out (ie ive made some cash!!) ill be able 2 buy the SuperNova.
AAARRRGH!!!
why im quite happy with my little blue baby and i love the vocoder!!
i keep tellin` people that the 2 of them have the same synth engine but the Super has more voices/parts/presets, but they sound the same!!

Message 9/18             03-Jul-00  @  03:59 PM   -   RE: here's some artists using Nova

k

the man speaks.... the nova's just came later... the named bands get their gera when it comes out...

Message 10/18             04-Jul-00  @  12:41 AM   -   RE: here's some artists using Nova

psylichon

I have it on good word that Ozric Tentacles and Shpongle both use the Supernova extensively nowadays. While neither are "famous," both groups (if you call Shpongle a group) make some mind-blowing music. I personally consider Simon Posford a synth god... if I EVER sound as good as him, I'll be truly content. Take that and the fact that the Ozrics have been around since the early 80's using wonderfully analog synths, and they CHOOSE the SNova for its transparency, and you've got a sparkling endorsement.

The Supernova IS a truly professional-sounding synth. And the Nova, in my opinion, takes it a step further with the analog ins.

peace...

psylichon

Message 11/18             05-Jul-00  @  07:24 AM   -   RE: here's some artists using Nova

k

ozric's are famous... WELL famous...

Message 12/18             13-Jul-00  @  01:48 AM   -   RE: here's some artists using Nova

evil

Nine inch nails uses two

Message 13/18             13-Jul-00  @  01:49 AM   -   RE: here's some artists using Nova

evil

SNs and a DS and a BS Keyboard... sorry for double post

Message 14/18             13-Jul-00  @  07:29 AM   -   RE: here's some artists using Nova

k

hey !!... ditto !... just what i use (with some ...heheheh.. additions), and that BS keyboard is sooo useful live, the best

Message 15/18             14-Jul-00  @  08:24 AM   -   RE: here's some artists using Nova

Craig

what is so good about the BS keyboard??

Message 16/18             17-Jul-00  @  01:59 PM   -   RE: here's some artists using Nova

rcbuse

There is an interview with the orbital brothers in a home recording mag. One of the brothers said his favorite synth is the supernova. Thats pretty cool.

-rob

Message 17/18             18-Jul-00  @  01:51 AM   -   RE: here's some artists using Nova

digital_sux_lsd_rulez

Link?: Link

shpongle does not use a supernova, most of his stuff is software to start with, but the snova is even missing from his gear list (not that he ever updates it but mostly analog monos manipulated via software/fx and then loaded back into his row of akai samplers).

i doubt ozric tentacles/eat static use it also.

of course nin use it, they have everything. if its an endorsement you want, consider the fact that from their studio pics you can see both an mc-303 and an mc-505. hmm bad schtuff

die novation die, long live true analog.

Message 18/18             18-Jul-00  @  10:41 AM   -   RE: here's some artists using Nova

psylichon

For your information, one of my best friends is *intimately* involved with the Ozrics. Ed loves his Supernova and uses it exstensively. Seaweed, on the other hand, is using an MS2000 a lot on the upcoming album. I can't speak for Joie and Merv, but I wouldn't rule them out either (though I never said Eat Static used one.. I may be able to find out  

While it's true that most of Simon Posford's sound manipulation is done in software (namely Csound), said friend has met him and shot the shit and, guess what, he uses a Supernova, too (along with LSD, DMT, and lots of cannabis).

Long live true analog AND great-sounding virtually modeled analog. Short life to the luddites out there who can't handle the wave of the future.

To all others, peace...

psylichon

Viewing all 18 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)