aaa I love my 303 but.... - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: I love my 303 but....

Viewing all 18 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/18             29-Apr-00  @  11:08 AM   -   I love my 303 but....

ReZo-99

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

...I need another synth so I can finish some of the tracks I'm working on. I've been doing alot of "Klubbheads" type stuff. What I wanted to ask is should I trade my 303 for a JP-8000? I know, I know but...

Wait!...What am I saying?! I could never part with my 303!!! Idiot! Stupid!

What about my 777? Should I trade it for a JP-8000? I really need a good polysynth with an arpeggiator. I have a TB-303, FR-777, Juno 1, EA-1, TX81Z, BassStation, & a CZ-101 and none of these synths have an arpeggiator! What should I do? What should I trade for what?

Thanks for your serious replies!
ReZo-99

The Cutoff Frequency

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/18             29-Apr-00  @  02:09 PM   -   RE: I love my 303 but....

oldskool

Link?:  No link

Are you in the UK? I may have a swap for ya if so.

Message 3/18             29-Apr-00  @  10:05 PM   -   RE: I love my 303 but....

pedicelli

Link?:  Link

Pete, man...are you on crack or what????!?!?! Get a JP-8000! It's arpeggiator may not be as extensive as the Prophecy or Z1, but it's decent...and plus that RPS is to die for! Get a JP-8000 or Z1...although Z1 may give you a headache if you're not good at programming,.

Arpeggiator is where it's at.

Message 4/18             30-Apr-00  @  02:41 PM   -   RE: I love my 303 but....

R

You might try a stand-alone MIDI arpeggiator like the new MAM MAP-1: Check it out at:
http://www.mam-germany.de/com/index.html

Message 5/18             30-Apr-00  @  04:11 PM   -   RE: I love my 303 but....

ReZo-99

Sorry, I'm not in the UK. I'm in the US. What did you have in mind though?

Does the Proteus 2000 have an Arpeggiator? Would it be better to buy a JP-8000 or a Proteus 2k? I guess I better get my ass over to the shop and mess with 'em and see which one I like better.

MAM MAP-1, huh? I haven't heard of this. I'm going to check this out right now. This might be the way to go.

Thanks everybody!

Pete "ReZo-99" Z.

Message 6/18             01-May-00  @  09:55 AM   -   RE: I love my 303 but....

pedicelli

Techno Toys also makes a software arpeggiator. It's the same company that made Seq-303.

Message 7/18             05-May-00  @  08:45 AM   -   RE: I love my 303 but....

jamclau2

I would get a Nord Lead 2 over a JP-8000 if I were you. I know, I know, there's only dry sound coming from the Nord, but I've listened to them side by side and the Nord just has a better, thicker sound, in my opinion. The arpeggiator isn't bad, and the 4 parts where you can play up to 4 arpeggios at the same time all with different patches (limited by the polyphony) is killer!

I would go to the music store and get someone who knows about the different synths to show you everything that the different synths can do. THAT's what sold me on the nord, above and beyond everything else.

-Jamie

Message 8/18             05-May-00  @  10:04 AM   -   RE: I love my 303 but....

ReZo-99

Thanks for your reply dude but I heard from quite a few people that with the Nord its hard to get different sounds out of it. I heard that no matter how much you tweak the knobs, the sound still kinda remains the same. I think Pedicelli can back me up on this one, no? I never really got the chance to really mess with one so I can't say it as my own opinion.

ReZo-99

Message 9/18             06-May-00  @  03:35 AM   -   RE: I love my 303 but....

cristina

I like the novation module. It has 128 arpeggiator patterns and 6 can be combined to run at once!!! You must use a keyboard to trigger the sounds though.
If you don't have a keyboard,you an buy one that has no sounds in it whatsoever. I am not sure what they call it but it's like a controller for any number of synth modules.

Message 10/18             06-May-00  @  10:09 AM   -   RE: I love my 303 but....

ReZo

Yeah, I dig Novations products. I have a BassStation and a DrumStation and I love 'em both. I don't use the BassStation much but when I do, I fall in love with it all over again everytime. Are you talking about the Supernova? Shit, I wish I could afford one. It's pretty expensive. I've been looking around and I have to admit that I admire the EMU Xtreme Lead-1. Its pretty dope, it has like 21 filters! It has a shit load of patches too so I think it should fit perfect in my setup. I have enough analogs so I think a new digital synth would come in handy. Now all I need is a shit load of Benjamins! = )

Pete
ReZo-99

Message 11/18             06-May-00  @  08:51 PM   -   RE: I love my 303 but....

ReZo

Ah ha! I'm about to pick up an Akai ME20A Arpeggiator. I think this might freak my Juno 1, TX81Z, EA-1, Juno 106 (on its way), BassStation, and my CZ-101. It looks just like my Akai S612 too so it'll look good in my rack. = )

Has anyone used one of these before? Is it pretty dope? I'm picking it up for $85 US and its in mint condition but with no manuel. What do you think?

Pete

Message 12/18             09-May-00  @  04:23 PM   -   RE: I love my 303 but....

Looneys

If you can spend a little cash you might want tocheck out the Yamaha CS6X. I love it. Has 128 arp. plus it is 16 part multi. Also you can add expansion boards. you can also sample with it though I haven't done it yet not my cup of tea. Though you can get a lot of really good sounds and if you know haw to program well that opens a whole world of possibilities. Well that's it.

TuneAble Noise

Message 13/18             09-May-00  @  10:17 PM   -   RE: I love my 303 but....

ReZo

Yeah, I drool over the CS6x but shit....its $1399+! That's alot of money for me at the moment. What I need to do is sell most of the gear I have now and try to save up and snatch one up. I haven't messed with one in person yet but I will soon. Oh man...that silver is so beautiful! = )

Right now I have a Juno 106 and that Akai ME20A Arpeggiator on thier way so I'll have to see how thats going to work. If it doesn't work out the way I want it to, then I guess I'll have to make out a "for sale" list.

Pete

Message 14/18             10-May-00  @  09:39 AM   -   RE: I love my 303 but....

Looneys

Hey ReZo there is a place called Sixiecycle music or sixty cycle music something like that. I cam across them on EBAY www.ebay.com though he sells gear for dirt cheap. I bought my CS6X for $1250 delivered to my door. I know that is still a lot of money but it is a $150-$200 less and you don't have to pay tax!!!!! Also if you need to make some extra money just get a ski mask a hat and a gun and walk into the nearest bank and demand some money. Though it is kinda risky but my mommy always told me you need to take chances in life. ha ha ha Well what ever synth you do get try and get one that is mutli part and has as many outputs as possible. well later. Also on a different note has any one heard from Future Retro lately? Last time I talked to him about 6 mo. ago he said he was trying to make a drum machine that would blow the TR909 and 808 out of the water!

Message 15/18             10-May-00  @  06:25 PM   -   RE: I love my 303 but....

pedicelli

Link?: Link

One of the best arpeggiators is found on the Prophecy and Z1.
Not only do you get standard UP, DOWN, ATL1, ATL2, and RANDOM, you get 5 programmable arpeggio banks...up to 24 steps, controlling gate, velocity, and even timing offset.

Pete, man...stop fucking around and get a real man's synth...the Prophecy!

Message 16/18             10-May-00  @  08:37 PM   -   RE: I love my 303 but....

ReZo

Yeah, I hear you man. I think what I might end up doing is selling my Juno 1, and BassStation and get a Prophecy. Damn, the Prophecy is so fat! I need one!

Pete

Message 17/18             28-May-00  @  03:53 PM   -   RE: I love my 303 but....

ME20 sucks Prophecy good

I curse the day I took my prophecy back for a refund.Too much dope I guess!!

Message 18/18             30-May-00  @  07:22 AM   -   RE: I love my 303 but....

H

Hey Pete Use the gear you have.Shit man after a while you end up w/ so many sound options that everything you do ends up sounding different.The object is to get people to say"Hey this must be a new track by so and so"not "I wonder who the fuck was playing with the groovebox this time".

Viewing all 18 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)