aaa newbie wanting to setup Cubase 5 to Nova - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: newbie wanting to setup Cubase 5 to Nova

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 30-Oct-00  @  01:37 PM   -   newbie wanting to setup Cubase 5 to Nova

jules

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

k_i've recently bought a Nova and a copy of Cubase V5, but i ain't got much of an idea of how to set them up to have C-5 triggering the sounds of the Nova. can someone please give me a helping hand on how to do it, 'cos i'm struggling badly as i'm only used to using all software and no hardware, this is my first step. hope you can help,.......l@ters.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/18             02-Nov-00  @  07:17 PM   -   RE: newbie wanting to setup Cubase 5 to Nova

jules

well m8, i've tried it all - but still no go, i to am begining to belive i may 'ave a dodgy midi_lead. so i'm gonna get a new'en t'morrow (fri).........i'll see how i get on wi' that, just hope that's what the prob' is.............thanx for ya time m8,.......nice_one............l@ters, - The Jules.

Message 12/18             03-Nov-00  @  12:22 AM   -   RE: newbie wanting to setup Cubase 5 to Nova

k

oh shit i didnt see that bit... you have the midi lead attached to the VORTEX !!... whoops !!... thats the midi-port you need to select, the vortex

Message 13/18             03-Nov-00  @  09:08 PM   -   RE: newbie wanting to setup Cubase 5 to Nova

Jules

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh m8, soooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrteed!!!, nice_one, i assumed you didn't realise my midi was in via the Vortex and altered accordingly but there was still no joy. i got the new midi-cables today ran 'em from my Yammi SW1000XG and she work's a treat, nice_one m8, thanxs for all ya time you's 'ave give 'en..........BIG_UP to 'K'........he be a sorted geezza.........but i still 'ave a 'Q' for ya if ya can; why is it i still can't here any audio/wave on the appropriate track's???.........and also the Nova's now set wi' 6 parts yeah, 1=midi 1, 2= midi 2 and so on, i use a sound say on midi track 1 on cubase, part 1 on the Nova, and i'm happy wi' this sound say........i then goto track 2/ midi 2 on the Nova change the sound for this one but as i do it alters the sound of part 1/midi 1????? hope ya maybe able sort me once again m8, nice_one, k_out 'o here, l@ters.......The Jules

Message 14/18             04-Nov-00  @  12:10 AM   -   RE: newbie wanting to setup Cubase 5 to Nova

k

that is cos _

the tracks in sequencers act as midi THRU devices, filtering ANY incoming midi data

so, that is GOOD cos it means for example, you select a track, it is on midi channel 3, when you play the keyboard plugged IN to the pc/sequencer, because you have the track selected which is assigned to midi channel3, it re-chanelises the incoming midi data from the master keys to be on channel 3... REGARDLESS of which channel the master keyboard is set to out midi data on

now... you had a track selected in vst which was set to channel1

you left it selected and walked over to the nova and chaged programme on the nova PART_2

this sent a patch_change command down the midi cable, in to vst, thru the selected/highlighted track (set to midi-channel_1), re-chanelised the patch-change 'event' to midi channel_1, sent it THRU on the new channel back to the nova....

and the nova responds & changes patch sound on it's midi channel 1 (Part_1)...

get it !!

remove the cable FROM the nova, or set the vst to NOT allow bank/patch change command THU (there is a FILTER section in the menu to set what sort of data gets thu

Message 15/18             05-Nov-00  @  09:16 PM   -   RE: newbie wanting to setup Cubase 5 to Nova

The_Jules.............K

yeah m8, ya sorted me once again..........nice_one.....................k_can you think of a reason why i'm still unable to here audio/wave on the audio channels?? & how exactly do i record, say a 4 bar midi riff from my nova which is on my midi track (cubase) then onto an audio channel/vst so i can then apply the vst effects.............if ya can't be doin' with the above Q's, then no problem m8, 'cos you've done enough already................once again big_up & thanx for ya time....................l@ters,..............The_Jules.

Message 16/18             06-Nov-00  @  03:11 PM   -   RE: newbie wanting to setup Cubase 5 to Nova

The_Jules..........i've sorted the above, but.....

k_m8, i've sorted my audio out and i've also got to grips with recordin' midi to audio (after a wee few trials and errors, but i'm sorted now)..........there was one other 'Q', am i limited to only 6_parts/6_midi channels playin' at the same time from my Nova??...................................l@ters m8,...........The Jules.

Message 17/18             06-Nov-00  @  05:45 PM   -   RE: newbie wanting to setup Cubase 5 to Nova

k

yes... 6 parts 6 channels (but they dont have to be different channels (layering!)

Message 18/18             06-Nov-00  @  08:45 PM   -   RE: newbie wanting to setup Cubase 5 to Nova

The_Jules.

k_m8, nice_one, thanx again,.................................l@ters, - The_Jules.

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)