aaa nord lead 1 .. ok, i know it's not, but ... - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: nord lead 1 .. ok, i know it's not, but ...

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 15-Jun-00  @  08:06 PM   -   nord lead 1 .. ok, i know it's not, but ...

tofu_boy

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

ok i know it's not analog, but the nord/clavia forum is about as dead as week old roadkill.

i just got a nice deal on a used nord lead 1, but she's not equipped with the voice output expansion. so, the obvious question is, from where can i get this expansion kit, and how much is it going to cost me? i saw some sort of upgrade on zZsounds, but i don't know if it's the right one.

help me? no, help you, i'm going to pound your ass with swedish bass.

-john (not really this immature)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/18             27-Jul-00  @  06:03 PM   -   RE: nord lead 1 .. ok, i know it's not, but ...

r-tek

its a bummer the nords dont have efx or an external input tho. I know that aint what Nords are all about, they`re all about the sound, and what a bloody sound, but it does kinda go against its favour when looking at VAs considering all of the big three sound pretty damn fine. Still, I`d love to pick up a nordrack1 at some point.

Message 12/18             28-Jul-00  @  11:27 PM   -   RE: nord lead 1 .. ok, i know it's not, but ...

Luci077

Link?: Link

link above is a list of distributors. I got one of those cards from Armadillo (US), and I'm pretty sure they have the expansion board too.

Message 13/18             29-Jul-00  @  08:45 AM   -   RE: nord lead 1 .. ok, i know it's not, but ...

johnny

I sympathise Craig. One of the output DACs on my NL2 has died... I was thinking of getting it fixed, but I'll wait till I go on a 6-month holiday after hearing of your plight.

The thing with yours though is that it's almost certainly a quick fix. Both the stick and wheel failing suggests a breakdown in communications between the stick/wheel circuitry and the main PCB. Probably just a wire that's come loose. Ask for a service report, see exactly what they've been doing with it.

Message 14/18             31-Jul-00  @  08:01 AM   -   RE: nord lead 1 .. ok, i know it's not, but ...

99devils

Johnn, That's what I was told too. Y'see, after it came back the first time, everything was fine, but you'd call up a patch, and tweak for a while, and eventually everything would degenerate into this kind of stuttering, chaotic, random noise. I think they've gone and fucked it up worse. Anyway, I'm going to be moving this week and once I get everything organized I'm going to start tracking this thing down.

-Craig

Message 15/18             01-Aug-00  @  01:37 PM   -   RE: nord lead 1 .. ok, i know it's not, but ...

johnny

Yeah, well good luck. Keep us informed.

The noise you describe sounds exactly like what happened with one of my Spirit 4P monitors. It started making horrendous screechy, crackly sounds when I turned it on (sometimes it didn't power up at all). I sent them both back to be fixed, but it happened again. So I took the amp out, disconnected all the wires, cleaned the contacts and replaced them all tighter. Works perfectly now. They must employ some daft fuckers in these 'hi-tech' service depts. Probably Mcdonalds rejects.

Message 16/18             15-Aug-00  @  12:17 PM   -   RE: nord lead 1 .. ok, i know it's not, but ...

99devils

Tell me about it... I've contacted the distrib with the RA number, and also sent a bitch letter to Clavia. I suggested to both that I should receive a voice upgrade or micromodular for my troubles   Hopefully Armadillo answers e-mail faster than they repair keyboards.

-Craig

Message 17/18             04-Sep-00  @  11:56 AM   -   RE: nord lead 1 .. ok, i know it's not, but ...

cosmicarchitect

i own the virus a, but the virus b is in the mail, slowly reaching me. I have a question about the vocoder for other virus users, my manual said NOTHING about the vocoder and it's functions, and i think ive tweeked it all i can, but can you get the classic robot vocals from a mic to sound out of the virus? I found the vocoder on the roland JP-8080 to be way more user friendly. ANYONE PLEASE HELP?????

Message 18/18             12-Sep-00  @  03:55 PM   -   RE: nord lead 1 .. ok, i know it's not, but ...

99devils

Sorry it took so long, you should've posted this in the Access forum.

There's a manual update available from www.access-music.de that describes operation of the Vocoder. You can get robot voices from it.

-Craig

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)