aaa hi i sold my nova and got a virus b - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: hi i sold my nova and got a virus b

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 08-Jul-00  @  02:00 AM   -   hi i sold my nova and got a virus b

gruvhard

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

well i just sold my nova and got a virus on order. can't wait to get it. so tired of novation and there lies. andthe people on the novation forum are a bunch of losers all they do is dog everybody out about there opinions. i'm glad to be coming over to this team (forum) were people actually help each other. hope that im welcome to the access family
thanks
gruvhard

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/18             17-Jul-00  @  12:28 PM   -   RE: hi i sold my nova and got a virus b

r-tek

yeah, I`m a JW. What is a JW BTW? It`d better not be one of them words those damned Novation users use, I`ll kill the lot of ya, you hear me? :p

I`ve just bought some Nike trainers cos I didnt like my old adidas - adidas wearers suck. Its always a good idea to judge people on something as irrelevant as brandnames methinks. Right, I`m off to slap some Ford drivers, the bastards that they are ;)

Message 12/18             17-Jul-00  @  01:07 PM   -   RE: hi i sold my nova and got a virus b

nobody

Link?:  Link

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

hooray! my repair skills are superior to your weak clumsy handling of the iron. fool! you thought to outdo, not to simply do! therein lies your error. now go and relearn what you were told.

sorry.

satori? bet that's a different satori than the one that had stuff out on Matsuri a few years ago. almost sure..
ok i'm sure. no way you're the same.

stupid german product users. get a real country to build your gear :P got to love that lichtensteinian product~!~~!~

Message 13/18             19-Jul-00  @  09:58 AM   -   RE: hi i sold my nova and got a virus b

satori

i never heard about Matsuri.

Message 14/18             02-Aug-00  @  10:19 AM   -   RE: hi i sold my nova and got a virus b

tetsuo2

actually i love the way my nova sounds, tho it doesn't do exactlt what I was looking to get, which is why i just ordered a Virus b and a waldorf XTK. hahah now im gonna be a happy lil bitch  

Message 15/18             03-Aug-00  @  05:52 AM   -   RE: hi i sold my nova and got a virus b

Jasper

you dirty gear whore :P

Message 16/18             04-Aug-00  @  11:54 PM   -   RE: hi i sold my nova and got a virus b

tetsuo2

a few weeks for the indigo?? I head delayed til OCTOBER!! fuck that i bought a b rack... and just to spoil myself, i got a waldorf xtk... cant wait til they arrive...

FYI, i have a nova too, i love it, but it can't get as huge as a synth with unison mode.

Message 17/18             08-Aug-00  @  12:58 AM   -   RE: hi i sold my nova and got a virus b

trypt

Hey, over here...

Any of you have a virus and a
Jp-8000? I've been trying for quite a
dark year here to make something
close to the sounds you can make
with the Jp's supersaw osc. on the
virus. All I've gathered is to use the
unison mode and detune, but then
pads soud like shit because theres
no more polyphony? Is the Jp
unique for making these sounds?

Message 18/18             08-Aug-00  @  02:52 AM   -   RE: hi i sold my nova and got a virus b

Jason

You know by not using the super saw on my Jp 8080 and just using 2 regular saw waves and detuning them and add slow Chorus with it gives me a simular sound to the supersaw waveform. Im sure your virus can do it. Its got 16 multiparts. So you should have far enough to use make 7 saw waves going at once. with 3 osc per multi all you need is 2 or 3 parts to make this happen. If poly is important then use only 2 osc at up to 4 parts to make the super saw authentic. The JP's Supersaw actually emulates 7 saw waves at different detunes to get its sound. With your virus it will require a little bit more work but my hunch is to do what I said and see what happens. You need at most 7 saw waves going at once. Since the virus has 3 oscillators becuase of the latest OS you should be able to get as fat if not fatter super saw like sound with no problem. Now another thing you can do is if you need both poly and multi and you dont want to use all that multi then use heavy amounts of Chorus on the saw waves to get a simular affect. Remeber to slighty detune each waveform then add chorus if you like. Hope this helps any although I have never played the Virus. But I believe you can do what I said on it.

Later

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)