aaa Hello?hello? there's no on on the line - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Hello?hello? there's no on on the line

Viewing all 19 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/19             10-Oct-00  @  08:54 AM   -   Hello?hello? there's no on on the line

H

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Did you guys sell all your gear for that andromeda thingy or what.I gotta milky way comin in on the next asteroid.C'mon people this is pathetic 2 days and no action 

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/19             10-Oct-00  @  12:53 PM   -   RE: Hello?hello? there's no on on the line

nobody

Link?:  Link

er.. what, we have to use this forum, even if aimlessly?

so my rig is largely analog. good for me. hmm.. analog drums, monosynth, polysynth, delay, mixer, modular, oh and don't forget the analog monitors ;) arg! this is pointless!! sorta. no, i'm not ever getting any andromeda. my analogs have to be made in either the US or Germany. no other place can make my analog. that's that. and i've enough seperate analog devices anyway. just want more modules..

Message 3/19             10-Oct-00  @  01:14 PM   -   RE: Hello?hello? there's no on on the line

Maarten

All I still desperatly need are effects, extra memory and zip-drive to get me on my way efficiently.... Oh and a MIDI-CV converter. But 8 November is my birthday, so if anyone's in a generous (excuse my spelling?) kinda mood, you have my gift-wish-list!  

-M-

Message 4/19             10-Oct-00  @  03:34 PM   -   RE: Hello?hello? there's no on on the line

Jasper

I had an analogue synth once... a real one too.. no honest!

it was a yamaha sk-10 string synthesiser. well there you go eh?

btw - happy birthday Maarten  

Message 5/19             10-Oct-00  @  08:13 PM   -   RE: Hello?hello? there's no on on the line

H

Maarten,wish i was closer I'd give you my boss PC-2.But I'm in the US so sorry and no nobody else can have it it's his birthday and we're friends now 

btw yes we have to use this thread because people don't start flaming me over here when I start recomending(see maarten even I can't spell or talk right either)analog synthesizers w/ 1 osc and no patch memory.I do like the JAPANESE and UK stuff too.

Message 6/19             10-Oct-00  @  08:21 PM   -   RE: Hello?hello? there's no on on the line

nobody

i like my british mixer, yes. and i'm sure most of my gear has japanese parts in it. but like said, it's just me. must be assembled in germany, or in the states. preferably i would assemble all of it but only possible with MOTM. oh well.

Message 7/19             10-Oct-00  @  08:33 PM   -   RE: Hello?hello? there's no on on the line

H

My doepfer ms 404(germ) has the crappiest pots out of all my gear.my seekers vocoder(jap)is the heaviest single space piece of gear and best built of all I have and my Space Echo still sounds great.So I guess it really depends on the product.Go look at my brain thread for further explanation of that v drum discussion we were having 

The Happy Hank

Message 8/19             11-Oct-00  @  04:03 AM   -   RE: Hello?hello? there's no on on the line

damballah

I guess my sh-101 is analog. I don't have a lot to say about it. Except it's red. And it's mine.

Message 9/19             11-Oct-00  @  08:46 AM   -   RE: Hello?hello? there's no on on the line

Maarten

Shit Damballah, I have a grey one, red is for girls, ...trade? Guess not... ;)

-M-

Message 10/19             11-Oct-00  @  08:48 AM   -   RE: Hello?hello? there's no on on the line

Maarten

H, how kind of you!Sorry, but what's a PC-2? I'm not in the US nut just curious anyway.

-M-

Message 11/19             11-Oct-00  @  09:02 AM   -   RE: Hello?hello? there's no on on the line

H

It's a little analog drum synth w/ orange knobs and a blue pad.I already gave one away I can't give this one away I have to fix it anyway and start using it for sounds in my MPC.But if you lived nearby i'd let you use it for sure.Happy Birthday 

H

Message 12/19             11-Oct-00  @  02:34 PM   -   RE: Hello?hello? there's no on on the line

nobody

damballah, too bad the NovaMod is no longer available. maybe i shouldn't even type it. already did though.

h, i know doepfer uses crappy pots. i try to only buy gear that has the most expensive pots (excepting the 777, those are ok, but i'd pay more for the bigger type, also they should be fastened to the front panel better) like the $5-6 spectrol things. YUM. i'm going to stock up on 100k linear pots as most of the MOTM ones seem to be those. have extra yes indeed. i love analog i love solder. so the seekers stuff is really solid? i have no room & no real need for a vocoder (not to mention no funds for it) but that one did look interesting. useless to just HAVE though. rather save for a 48k rosetta right now. not really analog or anything. but anyway. do you still have your Xbase? JoMoX i thought would use very good parts and all. i want an xbase. hmm.. wonder if my airbase fetch a good price. nah. keep airbase. yes. it did after all have a note to me from the guys in germany  

Message 13/19             11-Oct-00  @  11:44 PM   -   RE: Hello?hello? there's no on on the line

r-tek

the only new japanese gear worth buying is the mpc, everything else is a steaming pile of wank. And in my eyes at least, the mpc is an honorary american.

Old American synths and new American samplers, yes. New German Synths, yes. British compressors, yes. I just bought a Belgian. I wish someone would make an affordable *new* (note the emphasis) analogue synth with knobs for every function cos I dont want any of this old stuff no more. None of the old american stuff that dies or the old jap stuff which I`ve heard too much, new and affordable. Please. The digital stuff is crazy loopy mad tho, but they have menus  

You can`t win.

Message 14/19             12-Oct-00  @  12:05 AM   -   RE: Hello?hello? there's no on on the line

nobody

i can deal with a 4-layer menu.

new american synths too! don't forget them..

future retro, big briar, SE, synthtech/MOTM, wiard, blacet.. got to be more. yes. analog fun fun.

Message 15/19             12-Oct-00  @  06:49 AM   -   RE: Hello?hello? there's no on on the line

damballah

Yeah, too bad the lab stopped modding. It looks wicked. Girls, huh? Maybe it's really Consuelo's. I'll have to ask. She's a bitch, though.

Message 16/19             12-Oct-00  @  08:35 AM   -   RE: Hello?hello? there's no on on the line

H

Dude the seekers voice spectra vocoder is japanese and worth the $850 I paid for it for the internal vco and pitch tracking alone.Corporate synths suck.I can't afford an EMS and it's the next best thing you can understand what your voice is saying and it's ass simple to use.I got drunk the second night I had it and got the chair and mic cable tangled up and ripped the gold ring that was around the input right out of it.I'm 6'03 and 240lbs. and the damn thing didn't even flinch.I picked up my sony camera one day and my size 13 foot got caught in the wrist strap and the camera slammed into my rack w/ force that would brak alot of things but it didn't do a damn thing to it.If you get the high quality japenese gear you have to practically shoot it to break it and that's a good thing Both the vocoder and the camcorder(sony industrial broadcast) work just like they did out of the box.btw the MPC2000XL is made in CHINA look on the back.but it's still the best sampling drum machine yet just go to drummachine.com and look at the poll results for further proof.

Hank Dank

Message 17/19             12-Oct-00  @  12:07 PM   -   RE: Hello?hello? there's no on on the line

r-tek

I know its made in China, but akai are japanese, yes? The Chinese did`nt work on the development, yes? Akai just used their continental cousins for slave labour, eh? $850 for a vocoder? Well, I`m glad its worth it.

I know the new American stuff kicks arse too, but its a leetle out of my pricerange, shame I cant bring myslef to buy and old joop or something. Shame the old yank stuff is unreliable in the main. Feck.

Message 18/19             16-Oct-00  @  08:43 AM   -   RE: Hello?hello? there's no on on the line

H

An EMS is $3k and it's the only other real one with pitch tracking.

Message 19/19             17-Oct-00  @  04:51 PM   -   RE: Hello?hello? there's no on on the line

Pongoid

Hold on. What the fuck do you mean "...the Lab stopped modding."? Phil ain't even dealing plans and/or kits anymore?

Ape

Viewing all 19 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)