aaa virus percussion.. how to?? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: virus percussion.. how to??

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             13-Sep-00  @  03:13 PM   -   virus percussion.. how to??

tetsuo2

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

seems like i have problems getting percussion type sounds to not have a pitch characteristic...i know i know.. ALL THINGS have a pitch... I'm just saying how do i get a percussion sounds from this unit that has little or no pitch characteristics.

anyting from a kik to strange hit type soudns will do

Thanks.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             14-Sep-00  @  11:13 AM   -   RE: virus percussion.. how to??

norsez

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Don't you just hate when people keep trying to tell you all things have pitch when they actually know what you mean? Me too.

All audible sounds actually gradually lose pitch characters to human ears when their frequencies are low. Your low freq range perc sound problem is solved.

Now for mid and high freq range per sounds, avoid pure oscillators as waveforms. FM your pure oscillators. Pure noise's level are too low, use Noise FM instead. For metallic hihat sounds like 808 hats, use high pass filter on both noise and square wave. The result is something like my Virus' TR-808 emulation at the link above.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)