aaa making percussion sounds on the nova - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: making percussion sounds on the nova

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             13-Sep-00  @  03:28 PM   -   making percussion sounds on the nova

tetsuo2

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hmm, how do i make percussion sounds on my nova...

needless to say, i set a quick attack and short decay, 0 sustain...

but my sounds still sounds synthy and not percussiony... any words of wisdom on this one?

FYI, I'm used to stomper, but just wanted to use some of my synths to see what they can do in the percussion department... I'm not looking for realistic sounds... some far out wierd shit is cool too here.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             13-Sep-00  @  03:59 PM   -   RE: making percussion sounds on the nova

phunkytek

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Kick drums come from resonant clipping. so turn up the res, and the cut off down and a blip at low tones becomes a kick. For snare add ring mod and detune the osc slightly, and add some noise osc to the mix. For beginning it my be best to dial up a snare or a kick and play with knobs taking note to how each parameter effects the sound, that way when working from sctrach you can follow the patch back.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)