aaa indigo - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: indigo

Viewing all 20 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/20             20-Jul-00  @  11:54 AM   -   indigo

oz

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

where its at? where its at? where its AT?!?!?!?

any of you access junkies know when or where i can get this indigo? i live in the states but could have it shipped if necessary. any new news?

oz.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/20             20-Jul-00  @  03:45 PM   -   RE: indigo

D.R.

I emailed the happy people at Access
yesterday asking about the Indigo. My
answer .......Sorry it’s will not be
available till late August. Fucking
sucks, how many times are they going to
push back it’s release da

Message 3/20             21-Jul-00  @  08:16 AM   -   RE: indigo

99devils

Access is a small concern that makes a fantastic quality product... Keep your pants on, it'll be worth the wait.

I've got a Virus A right now, but man I'd like to trade up to an Indigo... Such a distinctive instrument :-)

-Craig

Message 4/20             21-Jul-00  @  09:31 PM   -   RE: indigo

nobody

Link?:  Link

so november then

conservatively

1 dollar bet?

Message 5/20             22-Jul-00  @  01:54 AM   -   RE: indigo

Fresh Pants

I'm in for late September.

$1.00

FP

Message 6/20             22-Jul-00  @  02:56 PM   -   RE: indigo

nobody

well when the Q first shipped to the US they shipped 30 exactly and that was it for two months or more. same distribution as i understand and probably same keyboard manufacturer (fatar) so.. yeah, maybe some will see them in september but they would be rare i reckon.

although i'd love to be wrong. really

Message 7/20             22-Jul-00  @  05:55 PM   -   RE: indigo

gargamel

chill out people. save your bank and get a B desktop. an external controller is better anyway so you can use it on your lap or small space if needed. half the time you just sequence it externally. and if you really want blue LED's that back - put them in yourself =)

really though - it's just a gimmic and a waste of cash. of course if you think you can afford it, you probably justify spending that much in the first place. IMO it's just extravgance at too high a price.

Message 8/20             23-Jul-00  @  12:11 AM   -   RE: indigo

Fresh Pants

I don't even know if I want a Virus of any sort. (blasphemer!) Actually I do want one, just waiting for a good enough reason to buy one, based on existing kit. I like what I have, most of it anyway. Maybe once it comes out there might be some more Virus B's available. Or I should just shut up and get to my Micro Modular. I did run into a guy at my local Guitar Center, and overheard him say that he had all kinds of stuff, but didn't think he could get the right beats he was looking for because he didn't have a (Roland) Groove product. Man, after talking to him for half and hour and trying to convince him that he had all he needed (Yamaha EX7, Enzoniq ZR76, Roland JX-305, a Sequential TOM, and a bunch of other things) except for a dedicated sampler (maybe) I learned that he didn't have anything hooked up via MIDI. He barely knew what it was other than knowing that everything had it. I recommended going to the library getting some basic MIDI books, but he didn't want to read, and wanted to watch a video on how to do things *sigh* Well, I know this doesn't really have a place in this forum, but I feel a lot better about knowing what my gear is and how to use it. Oh well.

Electricity rocks.

FP

Message 9/20             23-Jul-00  @  05:27 PM   -   RE: indigo

nobody

video?  

Message 10/20             23-Jul-00  @  05:44 PM   -   RE: indigo

Fresh Pants

Video to learn a few things... uh, ohhhhhh. I see why that's funny.  

FP

Message 11/20             24-Jul-00  @  08:28 AM   -   RE: indigo

99devils

I wouldn't call it a gimick personally... I don't play the keys very well, and usually just build songs from simple basses or leads or phrases... That little keyboard is perfect (and space-saving) for doing just that... Playing live, really how much of the board do you use full-time? Just playing a lead or a bass? It can save you a lot of money and space...

OK so it's a scam to seperate Virus A owners like me from my cash :-)

-Craig

Message 12/20             24-Jul-00  @  08:56 AM   -   RE: indigo

nobody

yes i was just amused by his need for video instead of a book that has pages, you know.. pages can be turned to at any time, but a midi video would just be silly. i bet there is at least one somehwere, although i hope not. i'll never get rid of my midi book i bought before i got any synth/sampler.. good idea midi book. nice to have that information in a tangible form until you have it all hardwired into your consciousness. yeah? shurrrrrrrrr

Message 13/20             24-Jul-00  @  12:16 PM   -   RE: indigo

99devils

Heh, it's like my mom... she'll spend $200 on a VCR and never learn how to record a show... Like people spend $1000 on a synth and never figure out what it can do. Sometimes it burns me... I'm like, why don't you give me your gear and I'll show you how to work it :-P

Message 14/20             24-Jul-00  @  12:48 PM   -   RE: indigo

Fresh Pants

Yes. Manuals/reference books are great (once you realize that it DOES have the information you were looking for) tools. I'm guessing he just didn't like to/maybe couldn't read. *shrug*

Back to the Indigo note, I like the idea of a keyboard facility that doesn't take up a full 61/76 keys. Saves space. Good for light noodling around without massive clutter. But maybe the price doesn't have to be as much as the full keyboard. It does have aluminum sides though.

FP

Message 15/20             26-Jul-00  @  08:00 AM   -   RE: indigo

Maarten

Considering the ads I see at this end of the water I believe the Indigo has been available here the past 2-3 weeks...
And as for the much money spent & little
knowledge of what to do with your purchase : I was reading this dutch synth mag and saw this question from a 'boy' ; "I want to make those nice Ibizaish trancey tunes but I don't know what synth to get , I have $"...." to spend. Oh ...,and uh,my current setup consists of a Novation Supernova and an Alesis QS-6.1" Talk about foolishness.

-M-

Message 16/20             26-Jul-00  @  10:12 AM   -   RE: indigo

99devils

Yeah, I just can't believe it... I overheard someone talking to one of the sales people at Guitar Center... He was like, I have a Kurzweil K2500 and I want to add a sampler to my setup (He was looking at the E5000).

Ugh...

-Craig

Message 17/20             27-Jul-00  @  04:57 AM   -   RE: indigo

mol8292

yeah it's real bad, people buying all kinds of synths and samplers, not taking the time to read the manuals, not even knowing what MIDI is, and thinking they can make a song in 1 week....they forget one important aspect: TALENT AND CREATIVITY.

Remember: to make good tracks you got to know your gear, it takes at least 1 or 2 years to learn your gear good enough to use it to channel your talent and creativity into good tracks..

but we can use these people: when they sell all their stuff after 1 month of toying around you just give them 25% of the newprice and you're set! ;-)

Olaf

Message 18/20             27-Jul-00  @  08:34 PM   -   RE: indigo

Fresh Pants

Yep.
Too bad, but music making isn't everyone's bag. That guy I was talking about earlier is a musician (guitarist), and has some skill (I would assume) and really wanted something easy to start plugging away with, and even though he wanted to stay away from presets (generally a good thing) he was blown away by all the sounds coming out of the MC-505, the presets. He wanted all this stuff (don't we all thought) and (as quoted from Human Traffic) he was in love with the fantasy of it all (more than the reality of music making). Now, I'm not saying I'm perfect at all, but I think the satisfaction of getting something to get grooving and really coming together is a lot more rewarding. Anyway, I've got to get back to whatever it was that I was doing.

FP

Message 19/20             29-Jul-00  @  09:32 PM   -   RE: indigo

tetsuo2

OCTOBER IS SWEETWATER'S WORD

I just orderd my B desktop. FUCK THE WAIT.. The B IS the indigo inside....

Message 20/20             31-Jul-00  @  03:19 AM   -   RE: indigo

phunkyek

When i get new gear, I tear into it like a buzzard ripping the guts out of a rotten bit of road kill. I do the maual the first day or two, and take notes. i right down all the main things on a piece of paper and the page # in the manual. Once i've got the midi implementation and controls , I start sound design.Before you start messing around know how to save a patch. I just start experimenting. i do this before i go through all the presets and play around. If you do that firts, it is just frustrating because you may lose an idea or sound because you don't really know how you got it or how to save it or export it. i asume all the people out there who lack the mastery of there gear are the same ones who wonder around gutair center pushing buttons and twisting knobs. i make the sales people bring me the manual, and I sit down and read what it can do. Why waste your time falling in love with sounds if it doesn't handle midi the way you want. Why do you think Roland sold so many mc303's. You can push buttons and music comes out. I'll admit i bought one , the first one that hit the store. There was a waiting list, I did'nt evan know what it would sound like. I just loved the original 303. I learned my lesson.Know what your looking for in terms of control and sound, and read the manual at the store so there are no unvaforable surprises.

Viewing all 20 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 20 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)