aaa Blue LED Modification - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Blue LED Modification

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 04-Oct-00  @  12:36 AM   -   Blue LED Modification

Silver Droid

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I just installed the Analogue Solutions Blue LED kit and it looks like the fucking bomb!!!!!!!!!!!

If you guys wanna soop up your 303's and give it a really nice allure, go for it. Nothing beats blue LED's.

The installation wasn't too too difficult. It would have been easier if Tom Carpenter was more specific in what tools to use and for the polarity of the LED's. If you're just using a soldering iron and standard sucker, it will take you 3 hours to get two misely LED's out. If you're using a soldering iron and copper flat wire to pick it up, it's a lot quicker, but the best way to remove the old ones is with a special soldering iron with a built in sucker. With that, it literaly takes 10 seconds.

I'll have pics on my website when I get a new roll of film to burn.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/20             06-Oct-00  @  08:59 PM   -   RE: Blue LED Modification

Mike

Link?:  No link

Well those hw DSP guys have plenty of power, it could be worth a voice or two if they did some oversampling to make a better filter instead. Frightening shit is that soon all we have is DSP models when the last analog synths break down. Even modern analog synths lack in character as their components are too precise. Come on. Gimme ARP 2600, noise, bad amps, and badly tunes oscillators.

Message 12/20             07-Oct-00  @  01:46 AM   -   RE: Blue LED Modification

H

I have a 777, an ms404,an analogue solutions minipwr. sys.,and a seekers voice spectra and they all drift are noisy as shit and I love it.All of these machines definitely have their own voice.If you leave an email address if you think you have useful info for Korg I'll hook you up w/ people who listen.Just don't waste their time it will make me look like an ass.

Message 13/20             07-Oct-00  @  01:47 AM   -   RE: Blue LED Modification

Silver Droid

Mike, I think that only happens depending on the way you have the synth routed. On some of my Prophecy patches, increasing the resonance will not drastically change the sound...on others it will scream like a bitch.

Message 14/20             08-Oct-00  @  03:58 AM   -   RE: Blue LED Modification

H

I had a prophecy and they did scream alot more than my EA-1 so I think they have changed the filters for the worst,The prophecy could rip your eardrums apart but it seems the EA and the MS2000 don't cut the mustard don't give up that prophecy anytime soon.

H

Message 15/20             08-Oct-00  @  04:28 AM   -   RE: Blue LED Modification

Silver Droid

I don't think I'll ever give up the Prophecy. The programming depth is just too deep and the sound spectrum is second to none I've ever seen. I'm still surprising myself with new sounds every now and then. The VPM oscillators can do some really weird stuff....comb filter oscillators are cool too.

What's surprising too is the analogue emulation. I just got a hold of the album "Incunabula" by Autechre, and the low deep bass sound it opens with sounds EXACTLY like one of my analogue pathches I've made. And when I say exactly, I am not exagerating...the thing is dead on, filtering and everything. And it's not a Prophecy they're using cause the album is 1993, and Prophecy only appeared 2 years later.

Message 16/20             08-Oct-00  @  05:11 AM   -   RE: Blue LED Modification

H

i know for some reason i took mine back to the store for a refund.I was a junkie then though.Not that I needed the money i think I was looking for a 303 then or something.Brain was definitely crowded on that one.it really is one of the only va machines I have truly been floored by.The EA-1 is ok but it lacks the depth like you said of the little P.Plus I really liked the log!If your into electro go have a listen to my unfinished track on xdrive.com just go to music/tech for the link and passwords.

Message 17/20             08-Oct-00  @  07:49 PM   -   RE: Blue LED Modification

Silver Droid

I don't think I'll ever give up the Prophecy. The programming depth is just too deep and the sound spectrum is second to none I've ever seen. I'm still surprising myself with new sounds every now and then. The VPM oscillators can do some really weird stuff....comb filter oscillators are cool too.

What's surprising too is the analogue emulation. I just got a hold of the album "Incunabula" by Autechre, and the low deep bass sound it opens with sounds EXACTLY like one of my analogue pathches I've made. And when I say exactly, I am not exagerating...the thing is dead on, filtering and everything. And it's not a Prophecy they're using cause the album is 1993, and Prophecy only appeared 2 years later.

Message 18/20             09-Oct-00  @  03:16 PM   -   RE: Blue LED Modification

analog

you mis-spelled 'digital'...

and the low deep bass sound it opens with sounds EXACTLY like one of my analogue pathches I've made
^^^^^^^^

analog is analog. digital isn't.

digital sounds good, but it will not sound as good as analog.

or am i wrong?

Message 19/20             10-Oct-00  @  05:11 AM   -   RE: Blue LED Modification

H

Are you an english teacher?No digital will NEVER be analog.

Message 20/20             10-Oct-00  @  12:20 PM   -   RE: Blue LED Modification

DIG_IT_ALL

digital will never be analog

analog will never be digital

both are cool, just different

digital can be cold and hard

analog can be fuzzy and phat

some digital can be bassier than any analog

learn to program an FM synth

I DIG IT ALL

Pages: 1 2

There are 20 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)