aaa MS-2000 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: MS-2000

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 24-Feb-00  @  12:42 PM   -   MS-2000

ezra

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

anyone have any info on these things? does it really sound at all the the ms-10/20/50? I was going to get an MS-20 to do mr. oizo style bass, but the only one I found at a reasonable price flaked. so im thinking maybe VA is the way to go (midi > CV). I listened to the demo sounds on harmony-central.com and they all sounded a little weak, but hey, they are demo songs so...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/21             27-Mar-00  @  10:00 AM   -   RE: MS-2000

oxtragon

well rak3889, the ms2000 might not be in the same price range as q, virus, supernova but close to the nova, jp-8080, micromodular or two electribes and all of these rock! for a beginner synth the ms2000 is even worse, beeing so extreamly limited in polyphony and timbrals.

Message 12/21             04-Apr-00  @  06:08 AM   -   RE: MS-2000

ahmebah

But, for half of what a virus costs, why not think about it? I mean, if everybody doing dance music has to have a sampler anyways =).

One thing to keep in mind is that it DOES have a 1:1 knob/function ratio for all the major functions, unlike the noble virus, which makes it far easier to program for newbies.

if nothing else, it's a good way to not be a part of the dancetech sampler/virus cult... =)

Message 13/21             05-Apr-00  @  09:43 AM   -   RE: MS-2000

rob(rak3889

just picked one up. YUM! The nicest thing---NO NRPNs. I have those because you get 3#s for each param change. Also the manual is very nice. Overall sound very full, and it's pretty easy to pick up on. For $639 for the rack it's a steal!!!

Message 14/21             14-Apr-00  @  06:07 AM   -   RE: MS-2000

Phunkytek

Played with one at Guitar Center for over an hour. Way cheaper than originaly expected. For $650.00 this little synth kicks ass. Great Arp. Great 4 note poly patches, and the knobs respond great and tranmit midi. The acid lines are very believable analog as they gurgle well.This is the perfect entry level anolog/emulator with a very professional sound. Yes, it is not a polymorph or a nova, but it sounds great and is petty damn cheap compared to the alternatives. I'd recomend it to anyone with a small buget who needs big sound.

Message 15/21             21-Apr-00  @  09:32 PM   -   RE: MS-2000

Druma

I havent heard one.. but rememberd I saw only one parameter for distortion on/off..right? 2 me thats a real bummer.. exply if the distortion has the same didgtal sound as the distortion on the EA.. although good at some acid line tweeks I felt it lacked alot of meat..

Message 16/21             24-Apr-00  @  09:52 AM   -   RE: MS-2000

rob (rak3889

yeah, the distortion is only ON/OFF but it's the same distortion from the EA-1. This unit is pretty much an expanded EA-1.

Message 17/21             09-May-00  @  05:20 AM   -   RE: MS-2000

mol8292

you can control the amount of distortion by modifying the AMP section of the mixer...

Olaf

Message 18/21             26-May-00  @  04:06 AM   -   RE: MS-2000

Matt

The MS2000 is by no means an expanded 'Tribe. After being well happy with my MS2000 (not weak sounding at all! The basses are superb and it is excellent at pads etc.) I was keen to try the EA-1. The EA-1 is based on the Prophecy synth and I had a good play on it at the shop to make sure it didn't sound like the MS. The sounds it generates are a different set all together. I instantly traded in my DJX (quite crap but it taught me about MIDI) for the EA-1. The EA1 is good at the one area the MS2000 is slightly weak, powerfull leads. With those 2 in my studio I seem to have enough sounds for some quality tunes.
I recomend both, they go so well together!

Message 19/21             29-May-00  @  04:48 PM   -   RE: MS-2000

mol8292

and i thought the MS2000 with it's 4 voices is a real lead-synth ;-)

Olaf

Message 20/21             01-Jun-00  @  10:38 PM   -   RE: MS-2000

H

Analogue has a multimode filter that uses the MS20 circuits and it's real.I just got the Mini power system which has 2 vco,24db lpf,asr eg,and a vca w/16 patch points,15 knobs,and 5 switches.It's only about the size of a lunchbox.It was only $500 US.I'm gonna get that multimode filter next.They also make hot rod roland drum voice modules cr78,808,909.Why use an 808 or a 909 when you can have a 780809? ;)

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)