aaa I just don't get it? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: I just don't get it?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 25-Sep-00  @  12:44 AM   -   I just don't get it?

T.N.

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I have been coming to this site for a few years and it has changed very little. There are still the same people here that were here 21/2 years ago. At first I came across this site wanting more info on the Roland TB303 due to I had a chance to get one at a good price. So after a few visits I was hooked due to I found out all I needed to know about the TB303, how to mod it, what midi to sync converters worked the best and all that good stuff. But after I got my TB303 I found myself visiting this site less and less. I mean there is a lot of crap and trash on this site. More so than anything good or productive about the TB303. You have topics like 303 Fantasy? What the hell is that? And the funny thing is a lot of you took the time to respond? Why? I know we are not a bunch of kids or at least I hope not. I just feel that some people are not using this site in it's full. And of course this post will get some crappy ass comments and some stupid ass responses and that's what I am talking about. I can predict that some one will think they are so clever and cute and reply with some remark that makes no sense and has nothing to do with a Roland TB303? Though I don't hardly ever come to this site any more due to I know what a TB303 is, I already own one so I know what it can and can't do. Though it is some times comical to visit this site and see what childish games you are playing this month. Well take care I hope I didn't bring anyone down. Maybe some people might grow up. You know this is the only site I have been to that deals with keyboards and stuff and find childish words thrown about. Thank god you only like the TB303 I would hate for the other forums on the web to end up like this one. Peace and good luck to you all. I really hope you are having fun.

T.N.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/22             26-Sep-00  @  09:29 PM   -   RE: I just don't get it?

doodle

but THE-GAS-STATION has a lot of problems too.

true, the MAIN dancetech forum is ofetn more.. useful? to the non-303 enthusiast. and it's not as if this little 303 board uses up too much. if it did kilo would probably scrap other stuff first. i think oberheim chat was used for exactly one thread. and oberheims (not Viscounts, the REAL oberheims) are to be reckoned with. maybe. maybe not.

ah shaaaaaadup. like said, i will shut up. but come slinging hate & assumptions & predictions und yu no vut ma hapin.

Message 12/22             27-Sep-00  @  07:57 AM   -   RE: I just don't get it?

Silver Droid

Link?:  Link

"Everything, everything....everything, everything, everything........I'm invisible...I'm invisible, I'm invisible.....in a rez of love....In a rez of love...."

Message 13/22             27-Sep-00  @  09:34 PM   -   RE: I just don't get it?

Wicket

thats retarded SD

Message 14/22             28-Sep-00  @  12:59 PM   -   RE: I just don't get it?

Wicket

Sorry, I'm a fucko retard with no friends so I just come here to be a pratt.

Message 15/22             28-Sep-00  @  05:34 PM   -   RE: I just don't get it?

T.otal N.onsense

Hey swannie!

My so called "inert single-osc crippled envelope piece of metal" also called a TB 303 will outphat your virus and the rest of your v.a gear ANY DAY!!!!!!!

So like T.N you can go eat one.

Message 16/22             28-Sep-00  @  09:16 PM   -   RE: I just don't get it?

Silver Droid

Link?: Link

Wicket,

Who the hell asked you?

Message 17/22             03-Oct-00  @  09:34 PM   -   RE: I just don't get it?

swanofnever

my point was more that the guy's a marketing genius, as he's specifically going after only those who will already pay WAY MORE than something's actually worth... therefore he can get away with charging hundreds...

i'll agree that for the 303 sound nothing beats the real thing, but are you gonna put a 303 in every damn track? is the sound worth $1000? i really don't think so, considering for the same amount of $$$ you could get a good VA and have every other sound there is.

how about if you need, say, something with a slow attack?
i have way more respect for the 202, it's about 3000X more flexible...

and outphat... not likely, it's only got 1 osc!

Message 18/22             03-Oct-00  @  10:56 PM   -   RE: I just don't get it?

Mr Poo

Whats all this, 'my vintage analogue's better than your V.A' bollocks?

Isn't a good tune a good tune, whatever the slight variation in the sound?

Message 19/22             04-Oct-00  @  05:42 AM   -   RE: I just don't get it?

H

My new VCO based analog synths piss all
over those fake consumer machines you
buy at the mass market store
hahahaha!!!!Hey,swanboy I figured out
why you can't cop acid lines no acid
machine.Step Seq. rule try a 777 and
when you give up on it I'll give you
$350 for it.No flaming
now!!!!!!!

Message 20/22             04-Oct-00  @  08:34 PM   -   RE: I just don't get it?

swanofnever

yeah, i'm sure it would help... if i need something like that i usually just write it in rebirth, then loop that and tweak my mam pieces or crap till i get something that sounds similar... OR just give up. my problem was more that i'm only comfortable writing in major/minor scales, whereas lots of acid's in strange, fucked up (or non-existant) scales...

you can come close, but there's just some THING missing... still i really don't think it's worth $1000 (or even $777, though i'd get one of those over a 303 anyday)...

anyway, i was just being bitter and trying to rile up all those cult-like 303ers...

and i agree with poo, it doesn't really matter...

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 22 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)