aaa MC303 or TR909 clone? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: MC303 or TR909 clone?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 09-Jul-00  @  10:06 AM   -   MC303 or TR909 clone?

trevor

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Is the MC303 a good unit to have if you use it just as a drum module? I hear that it is a rather crap machine but is good for drum sounds. The thing is, I've realised that it would be cheaper to buy a second hand MC303 (I've seen one dead cheap) than actually buy the rest of the parts I need for my TR909 clone I'm building. And it would save me shitloads of time. I'm wondering what I should go for. Are the other sounds on the mc303 any good or are they dead? Is the sequencer any good? I understand that the mc303's MIDI implementation is shite. Should I save my money and finish my 909 copy?

Any thoughts... Trev

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/24             10-Jul-00  @  09:55 PM   -   RE: MC303 or TR909 clone?

skot_e

Link?:  No link

No stupid the mc303 is all analogue...Der!

HeHe..

Message 12/24             11-Jul-00  @  06:27 AM   -   RE: MC303 or TR909 clone?

BWPT

I use an mc-303 to sequence the drumstation on the rythmn channel (10) and everything else on the other channels e.g. sampler,synths and you can sync other shit to it aswell,such as a Notron sequencer which kicks ass as far as hardware sequencers go.Personally I think the 909 and 808 sounds on the mc-303 are shite,but there are some good noises that you can get out of it if you are prepared to spend some some time fucking about with it.

Message 13/24             12-Jul-00  @  02:41 AM   -   RE: MC303 or TR909 clone?

cocomox

Link?: Link

no stupid the mc303 has the same sound engine as all roland's products from the past five years, including your beloved xp50, 60 and 80. so you are comparing those to sound canvas.

go piss on yourself phatboy lover. you smell like al bundy's socks.

chimmy

Message 14/24             12-Jul-00  @  09:32 AM   -   RE: MC303 or TR909 clone?

webmaster

OK, that's enough!! It's time to close the 303 chat .....

Message 15/24             12-Jul-00  @  12:28 PM   -   RE: MC303 or TR909 clone?

cocomox

webmaster: Someone else is posting under my name -- that's NOT me posting that stuff. I think it's this twat named Chim who keeps trying to disrupt things around here.

-Nick

Message 16/24             12-Jul-00  @  10:30 PM   -   RE: MC303 or TR909 clone?

komputer

Nick?

are you sure, your not Chim?

Heh, just joking man.!

Message 17/24             12-Jul-00  @  11:33 PM   -   RE: MC303 or TR909 clone?

j

just to let you know. The 909 is all analog minus the HiHats and Cymbols, which are samples that are run through VCAs. If you want to hear the original samples that are in the ROM chips, go to my 909 website. www.slot1.net/909. look under sound samples.

Message 18/24             13-Jul-00  @  01:57 AM   -   RE: MC303 or TR909 clone?

cocomox

Hey, it could be me, you -- maybe Chim is a figment of our imagination! "Chim"...isn't that what Dick Van Dyke sings in Marry Poppins? "Chim chiminey, chim chiminey, chim chim, cheroo!"

I guess Chim is just a Chimney cleaner?

-Nick

Message 19/24             13-Jul-00  @  07:29 AM   -   RE: MC303 or TR909 clone?

R

Hey nice new 909 site!!!

Message 20/24             13-Jul-00  @  12:25 PM   -   RE: MC303 or TR909 clone?

?

if the rim and clap are analogue, why the hell aren't there any editable parameters?!

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)