aaa Holy shit! The ER-1 kicks some ass! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Holy shit! The ER-1 kicks some ass!

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 26-May-00  @  02:35 PM   -   Holy shit! The ER-1 kicks some ass!

cocomox

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hot damn...I just bought the ER-1...and this think can kick like none other. I can't wait to combine it with my soon-to-be FR-777. Time to read some instruction manual!

Thanks to all who helped me with the decision to get this fine piece.

-Nick

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/25             30-May-00  @  03:14 PM   -   RE: Holy shit! The ER-1 kicks some ass!

komputerkontrolled

Bah Maarten! I just have a place in my heart for boxes that step, thats all. Don't think I'm wussin out, I'm just saying if you implement the MC-303/505/307 correctly and send all the parts out through MIDI to Juno's and Jupiters you can have an effective set up. Theres a difference between a MC-307 user and Groove Approved lover. I don't have any of those boxes if that reflects what I condone...

Message 12/25             30-May-00  @  04:48 PM   -   RE: Holy shit! The ER-1 kicks some ass!

pedicelli

Link?: Link

Nasaly plastic sound?? Obviously uou've never played with a Prophecy or Z1. Those are two of the most powerful synths in the history of the world!

Message 13/25             30-May-00  @  05:09 PM   -   RE: Holy shit! The ER-1 kicks some ass!

Local boy

Link?:  Link

MC307? Now that is the epitome of all that is plastic and nasaly and the sequencer is shite too. Those fuck'n Electribes, man they are classics not to be confused with all these toy groovebox things. Remember the Electribes do one function well, not loads of things shitely, you can mix and match eg if you dont like the ER1 you can use a Jomox with the EA1 instead. OR use the ES1 with say a FR777, me I want all 3 and a 777!

Message 14/25             30-May-00  @  11:38 PM   -   RE: Holy shit! The ER-1 kicks some ass!

H

My 777 came today and HOLY SHIT!!!!I spent 40 minutes on the phone w/Jered(designer/maker)and he's my hero.Imagine this a guy and his dad in KANSAS of all places may have possibly saved techno music as we knew it before that blasted mc303 reared it's ugly L.E.D.I know that all the ingredients are in place for an Acid/breakbeat Phuture revolution.Find your own goddamn genre.Fuck Corporate Synthesizers.

cheers

Message 15/25             31-May-00  @  12:32 AM   -   RE: Holy shit! The ER-1 kicks some ass!

cocomox

The ER-1 does not sound synthetic...it's a pretty awesome machine. But, to each his own, I guess.

I can't wait for my 777....I'm starting to drool....

Jared's gonna try and work out an instant accent/glide mod, like on the devil fish and TBS-303. That'd be pretty phat...instant accent is sweet.

-Nick

Message 16/25             31-May-00  @  05:36 PM   -   RE: Holy shit! The ER-1 kicks some ass!

komputerkontrolled

Now I'm getting iritated. I don't have any MC Groovetoys. And Pedicelli, the Z1 and the Prophecy sound plastic as hell. My Jupiter 6 will kick the nuts in any Korg, anytime, anyday. Those Electribes are for the masses, I know I had both. But after a few weeks, I had to warm up my VCO in my MS-404 warm myself all over. Had to put the Spectral Audio synths to work and curl up to my Juno and Jupiter. And after clocking massive hours with real analogue engines, makes one anal as hell what a synth should sound like. Not like a stinken MOSS chip. That's what I was tring to say about the MC-307, is that it Steps well, make no mistake. THAT"S IT, That's all I was attempting to say GEESH! Seriously, the Electribes are neat for what they do, but that's it, just "neat".

Message 17/25             01-Jun-00  @  02:27 AM   -   RE: Holy shit! The ER-1 kicks some ass!

H

I think that is the point alot newbies miss when we knock these va synths.He said it once but here it is again.If you've spent most of your programming life on the real thing it's kind of like the difference between a turbo beetle and a 911.150 hp is good but 300 hp is even better.I have a MS-404 also these things are trashy wonder boxes.Have you gotten ripping tearing dripping vowel sounds out of yours?It's a perfect complement to my 777.

Message 18/25             01-Jun-00  @  01:22 PM   -   RE: Holy shit! The ER-1 kicks some ass!

oldskool

Well dudes I've got news for you, I have spent many many hours with "real" synths and I have a considerable amount of them in my sonic arsenal, but I also have an ER1 and I plan to get an EA1 too. I have owned Moogs, Oberheims, Arps, Oscars, EDP all the usual retro stuff but I also have romplers and FM synths too, but hey guess what? They ALL have a valid place in my studio as does my Casio VL1 and SK5 (which really are toys). I used to be a bit of an analog purist but over the years I have realized that you can get fantastic sounds from other things as well, just try it. If nothing else a rompler or VA can demostrate just how fat analog can sound, after all if all your sounds are fat your mix will sound stodgy and dull.

For me the main reason I love analog is the hands on and immediacy, which to be fair the electribes have (as well as great sound) The ER1 can easily demolish the 909 kick, but thats not to say its better, just different.

Message 19/25             01-Jun-00  @  03:00 PM   -   RE: Holy shit! The ER-1 kicks some ass!

komputerkontrolled

I agree, the ER-1 is very useful. But it just shouldn't be the only drum machine you own.

Message 20/25             01-Jun-00  @  05:06 PM   -   RE: Holy shit! The ER-1 kicks some ass!

H

OLDSKOOL,
Your probably a much more diverse artist than I.I'm just a freq.I didn't sell the EA-1.It served a purpose for me in helping me to decide on sinking $777 into a synth.I just didn't know if I wanted to go back to the seq/synth box after I lost my SH-101 I thought maybe only I would be satisfied w/ another one and then I bought the EA-1 on an impulse buy when I had $400 burning a hole in my pocket.I still have it and I'm not going to sell it.I've found a better thing to do w/ it ,loan it to a friend who has ideas yet no gear.I'm just an overgrown spoiled brat.There's a new love in my life, and her name is Seven.WOW it's amazing how jealous these synths become of each other.just as I said my vows the the bell rang and who's @ my door?Analog Solutions Mini Power systems(I can't beleive there's a modular synth and a midi to cv inter fac in this litle box If you need a portable modular might I suggest this one)It's all coming together now.Besides it's more fun to wait for the synth to come to you from some little guy than to run up to the chain store(MARS)and see if anymore have fallen out of the cookie cutter)....................................................................................transmission..failing......must....open....box...........................................................

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)