aaa Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 04-May-00  @  12:49 PM   -   Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

digitalbound

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hey,

saw some comments about this site. Awesome prices. However, what's the scoop for electrical requirements...

I wanna order my Q rack from them, but do I need a step down transformer?

"We have 230 Volt in Germany. You might need a step-down transformer, or some items you cannot buy from us-check. And: A good deal is only a fair deal. For you and us."

Also, do I get to eliminate German tax or not...

I gotta tell you, those Waldorf prices are freaking incredible.

rob.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/26             20-May-00  @  04:23 PM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

These guys kick ass. Totally on the money. Got my piece, in good time, and good nick. Beware, customs bags you another $66 for a Q Rack coming into the country. I'll have to tell MG about it. Still, very helpful, and even with the customs fee, it's still the best deals out there on Waldorf gear. These guys deserve more business.

Ape

Message 12/26             22-May-00  @  06:02 PM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

digitalbound

Good to hear. I was a little nervous about ordering from them as they are so far away.

I will await my order and give my .02 about their service when it gets here.

No doubt about it, they do have some crazy great prices for some of the gear.

I am looking into Purchasing the MAM warp 9 filter and MAM sequencer from them as well. But I want to wait until I get my Q rack to see if everything works out well...

rob.

Message 13/26             22-May-00  @  07:56 PM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

component

MAM sequencer/warp 9 filter?????????

Message 14/26             23-May-00  @  11:55 AM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

digitalbound

Yes. Did you have a question about the units or what do you want to know about them?

Here is the English version of their Web site if you are interested...

http://www.mam-germany.de/com/index.html

rob

Message 15/26             24-May-00  @  04:05 AM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

component

Thanks

Message 16/26             24-May-00  @  10:13 AM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

99devils

So, just so I have this straight:

You had to pay only the shipping costs, plus the $66 for customs (based on the price of the Q, I assume), and obvoiusly the cost of the gear. Correct?

I'm interested in ordering a couple things from them.

BTW did anyone see the prices they have on Virus A's? $632.98!!!

-Craig

Message 17/26             24-May-00  @  03:46 PM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

Correct. I did not pay VAT. Yes, I paid quite a bit for shipping to have it delivered in two days, and when I wrote to Mr. Keim, on of the folks there, he sent it out staight away, and I got it, as promised, no hassles or bullshit. Looks like shops in the states are going to have to lower their prices or they'll never sell any of these good European pieces. Oh well, there's greed for you.

Ape

PS, the Q kicks ass in the studio, now to test it out for live apps;  

Message 18/26             25-May-00  @  08:21 AM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

99devils

I'm looking at grabbing an RM1X for ~$470 US. Best price I've seen is $650, figure $600 with some haggling... Might not be worth it. Definately worth it for a Q, or the uWave XTk ( a little over $1000)

-Craig

Message 19/26             25-May-00  @  05:48 PM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

component_1

The RM1X is the best hard ware sequencer that I have ever used. Please get it!!! I got 1 for $600 + delivery from Sam Ash about 9 mouths ago. I looks like
Musician's Gear has the for $470 something. I can easily say that the $600 I spent on my RM1X was the best $600 I have ever spent on anything. When my
XT and Indigo comes in. The sound that will be produce with the RM1X slaving those beauties will be EARTH SHACKING.....Yeee Haaaaa.

Message 20/26             25-May-00  @  05:52 PM   -   RE: Musician's Gear - Ordering from Germany

component

1920 step per measure(480 B.P.Q.) with full control over all parameters in step. Need I say more...

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 26 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)