aaa IS IT ANY GOOD? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

17-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: IS IT ANY GOOD?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 12-Jan-01  @  01:03 PM   -   IS IT ANY GOOD?

s.c0

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I can see from the forum that there is a lot of people using the nova...
I have a small bedroom setup with the usuals cubase ect and a CS6x... I am going to add some more equipment to my setup and have narrowed it down to 2...
either the super nova2 (rack) or the Triton (rack) i am unsure what novation can offer me... ? Whats it like ? for trance, slow trance + chill trance ?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/28             18-Jan-01  @  11:14 AM   -   RE: IS IT ANY GOOD?

SamC

Link?:  No link

thanx, The only thing that will really grab me is if i have a go... asap...
Thanx SamC...

Message 12/28             18-Jan-01  @  11:26 PM   -   RE: IS IT ANY GOOD?

CK

The other thing is that the dual filters on the SN2 open up choir and vocal type sounds as you can mimic the formants and the hyper resonant filters should add to the range of sounds you can get out of it. I've been programming sounds on my SN for 2 years and I'm still getting new stuff out of it. Little things like the ability to choose whether an envelope is single or multi trigger make it a dream for creating really expressive stuff.

Message 13/28             19-Jan-01  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: IS IT ANY GOOD?

Rude Bwoy

Who was the dance musician k?

Message 14/28             19-Jan-01  @  07:10 PM   -   RE: IS IT ANY GOOD?

k

what ?... huh? - dont get the question?

Message 15/28             20-Jan-01  @  12:20 AM   -   RE: IS IT ANY GOOD?

CK

I assume it was Phil.

Message 16/28             20-Jan-01  @  09:43 PM   -   RE: IS IT ANY GOOD?

k

oh i see, yes... Phil. he's been doing trance for ages lots of stuff released etc.

Message 17/28             21-Jan-01  @  04:57 PM   -   RE: IS IT ANY GOOD?

chertzy

don't need S&S for dance music ? Someone should tell all those JV owners....

Message 18/28             23-Jan-01  @  06:58 AM   -   RE: IS IT ANY GOOD?

phunkytek

K is right about the versatility of the s/nova because it can sound great doing lots of sounds. i used it to make the meat of most of the stuff i do, but i always find myself going analog in the low end to warm it up. It does have a good fm sound. the added harmonics that crackle on a piano patch I made are great, so for house as well as trance this synth is awsome. I was just stating that next to a ms2000, I hear things the nova can't do, and I think it is cleaner and more analog than the nova. I realy can't get the same sound out of the ms2000 that I get out of the nova either. It's funny how VA's vary in timbre and tone as much as analog synths do. The filter on the ms2000 is a lot more raw and saturated than the nova. I think the sound engine on the ms2000 is more pleasing to my ears, but the features and horsepower off the nova obviously surpass it. I would love to own both, but I liquidated for an andromeda. Just keeping the nova and the andro. I would listen to all of them and compare the sounds in the store side by side. Also listen to some artist that use the nova... Chicane "don't give up" sounds just like a nova, and then listen to BT "fibunacci sequence". There is a definate differance. Let you ears make the decision, weigh that against polyphony fx etc. the raw sound of a synth is more important than the bells and wistles in the studio. That is what multi-tracking sofware and plug-ins are for.

Message 19/28             23-Jan-01  @  09:52 AM   -   RE: IS IT ANY GOOD?

SamC

HI.. On the CS6x you do not have the option for indiviual effects on each part.. Channel... except for reverb & chorus.... does the nova allow you to add fx as you wish to individual parts?

Is this fx busses ?

... I am going to southampton UK to have a listen to everything i have my eye on.... still dont know yet but have looked at a JV 3080 or somethin like that... I probally will go for the nova if it sounds as good as u say... Thanx all......

Message 20/28             23-Jan-01  @  02:34 PM   -   RE: IS IT ANY GOOD?

k

the nova series has a dedicated multifx unit for each output/part in performance mode.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 28 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)