aaa Supernova 1.. Remember it? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Supernova 1.. Remember it?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 06-Oct-00  @  11:38 PM   -   Supernova 1.. Remember me?

stevoe

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Dear all, you may not remember who I am but I hope some of you do.. You see, my story is a tale of woe and sorrow but it all started so brightly for me back in the summer of 1998.. Born to an eager world, the son of Mother Novation, I looked up with respect to my uncle Basstation and Auntie Drumstation. It seemed I could do no wrong them days, everybody wanted me and shelled out a lot of money just to get their hands on my beautiful, nubile, blue body.. I was just a baby and I had some small teething problems, but with the love and nurturing given to me by my mother I matured quickly. That is until now...sob...sob..

My mother has abandoned me.. She has this new baby now, called Supernova2.. Yes, in some ways my younger brother is just like me, it has the same charm and good looks but has a lot more going for it than I ever did.. I even have a lot of cousins now who think they are a bit special to..

I admit I feel jealous of all the attention laden on my younger brother and all the lovely OS updates it gets.. All I ask is that mother Novation can still acknowledge I exist! And please do something about my bloody 'special' buttons.. I would love to have some extra waveforms and filters just like my mother promised me all those years ago before she abandoned me.. You see mother, if you feel upset by my plea then you shouldn't have made me with such an individual personality should you? Please remember I have a soul....

Your ever loving son,
Supernova

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/35             10-Oct-00  @  02:53 PM   -   RE: Supernova 1.. Remember it?

Dunno

Well dB and others that think itīs OK to wait. Phill at Novation promised an upgrade for the supernova in september LAST YEAR. 1999. Thatīs 13 months ago. Itīs nothing wrong with my current OS on the SNova but when you make a promise of any kind, especially if you are a manufacturer with customers, you better try to keep them.

Message 12/35             10-Oct-00  @  08:32 PM   -   RE: Supernova 1.. Remember it?

batcrack

well put, dunno... the only reason this has become such a big issue is because novation said they were going to do something with the os such a long time ago. thats the only reason this has become such a big issue.
For me, Im very happy with the SN OS now... its stable as can be, it sounds great (although some of the FX are bollox, but its not an eventide) and I use it in everything I do. Its just that, for me, my SN could be so much cooler with say, i dunno, a different OSC waveform, or a cool filter (god damn i would shit myself for a bitrate/samplerate reduction filter) The SN is a superpowerful synth to begin with, but with some of those special buttons actually put to use, it could still be way above the rest of the pack...

Message 13/35             11-Oct-00  @  10:59 AM   -   RE: Supernova 1.. Remember it?

matcellis

Phill,

Hope this thread is making them people at novation work that bit harder to finding quicker ways of implementing the new features that we ARE getting in our DELAYED OS upgrade.

Honestly though Phill, when IS IT expected??? Or are you not sure.

Thanks in advance
Matty

Message 14/35             11-Oct-00  @  02:35 PM   -   RE: Supernova 1.. Remember it?

dB

Honestly, I agree that it should be very appropriate that somebody at Novation would inform us customers about the new OS release date for S/Nova 1. I remember Phill told that he wouldn't have promised anything anymore because of the previous "mistake", but there must be some kind of planning about it at Novation, and we'd need some information at least.
Some feautures that are available on the new models (unison, knob relative modes (?), enhanced effect section) could be ported right now; but the special buttons are still not availabile on those new units(?). Hence, we can't expect to see new waveforms/filters on our older units until a new release for the S/Novae 2 will be available (some months to come?)
Some information to enlight us, please

Message 15/35             11-Oct-00  @  10:39 PM   -   RE: Supernova 1.. Remember it?

k

i think novation just decided they'd rather not let anyone down agin so they wont promise again, and can you blame them , i mean listen to it... and babysitter i did pay for my supernova but i'm still happy. man ..i cant beleive you're such a total tit that you are prepared to go to lengths of suggesting bribary on my part just cos you are pissed about an os... you are a total saddo in my opinion .. talk about a drama... :P

Message 16/35             11-Oct-00  @  10:56 PM   -   RE: Supernova 1.. Remember it?

Dunno

K must be bought by Novation.

Message 17/35             12-Oct-00  @  12:17 PM   -   RE: Supernova 1.. Remember it?

matcellis

It could be possible that Novation are waiting to get enough sales of No II until they release the OS for No I. I've just read in Future Music that the've stopped producing No I.

Message 18/35             12-Oct-00  @  08:42 PM   -   RE: Supernova 1.. Remember it?

Rude Bwoy

They're a small company. They're not Roland or Yamaha. To keep things going, they have to get their priorities right. Being in the business of selling hardware, that means getting people to buy Supernova IIs. If they don't sell enough Supernova IIs, they might end up going bust, meaning no updates for anything. Is that what you want?

K hasn't been 'bought' by Novation, he's just got his head screwed on and knows what the main objective is with owning this sort of kit. It's for making music. The 'special button' won't make an atom of difference to your ability to make music with it. It's like complaining about the empty drive bays in your computer box.

Message 19/35             13-Oct-00  @  12:02 AM   -   RE: Supernova 1.. Remember it?

MCE

We will just have to wait n see won't we, all the people that ain't bitchin stop replyin to these threads, carry on writing your music, and when the OS does come out, don't bother to download it!!

Message 20/35             13-Oct-00  @  11:47 AM   -   RE: Supernova 1.. Remember it?

stevoe

To all the people who think that it is bitching and whingeing to get fulfillments to promises, I suggest you get real and stop being a bunch of spineless gits.. Are you the sort of people who moan under your breath about a pubic hair in your soup in a restaurant and then when asked by the waiter if "everything is alright sir", you reply "yes its lovely thanks".. Consumer rights is what it is about and it has nothing to do with making music. I love my Supernova1, even if it has been abandoned by Novation.. All I want, and I think my contemporaries as well is to have our special filters and waveforms to make even better music than we are already.. When that happens then Novation can play with their Supernova II's III's and superdoopernova platinum edition's for all I care..

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 35 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)