aaa DJ's... ack! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: DJ's... ack!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 06-Jul-00  @  09:07 PM   -   DJ's... ack!

komputerkontrolled

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I just got in an argument with my co-worker about DJ's. What does everyone else feel about "DJ's"?

I mean how hard is it , to hit start and stop on some decks and count a few bars, throw a cross fader over once in a while??

I really think the producer is the true genious. The one that actually records the original material on the wax and took the laborious task of making the muzik. The one spent thousands of greenbacks and took the time to learn the hardware and software, instead of buying a couple hundred quid on records and acting cool...

Why is it that DJ's get more love, than producers do anyday? Or is this my own perception? What do you blokes think??

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/40             07-Jul-00  @  01:37 PM   -   RE: DJ's... ack!

BWPT

I do actually DJ myself at clubs and at free partys with our soundsystem,but i dont find it anywhere as satisfying as belting out a decent live set.I suppose the fact that i live in England accounts for the slagging off i gave earlier,purly because punters seem to think that "DJS" are the only entities that exist to entertain them when it comes to going to a nightclub or a party.I actually enjoy playing records but it's nowt compared to playing your own stuff live.Maybe a little education is to be enforced upon the ignorant species of avinit clubber in the U.K. rather than let them, "who think pete tong is god" keep their head up their own arses for ever!

Message 12/40             07-Jul-00  @  01:38 PM   -   RE: DJ's... ack!

pedicelli

Link?: Link

Sasha is fucking amazing, same calibre as Oakenfold. I'm seeing Oakey on the 15th of July, he's spinning a 6 hour set.

Message 13/40             07-Jul-00  @  01:39 PM   -   RE: DJ's... ack!

BWPT

I do actually DJ myself at clubs and at free partys with our soundsystem,but i dont find it anywhere as satisfying as belting out a decent live set.I suppose the fact that i live in England accounts for the slagging off i gave earlier,purly because punters seem to think that "DJS" are the only entities that exist to entertain them when it comes to going to a nightclub or a party.I actually enjoy playing records but it's nowt compared to playing your own stuff live.Maybe a little education is to be enforced upon the ignorant species of avinit clubber in the U.K. rather than let them, "who think pete tong is god" keep their head up their own arses for ever!

Message 14/40             07-Jul-00  @  01:40 PM   -   RE: DJ's... ack!

BWPT

Message 15/40             07-Jul-00  @  01:44 PM   -   RE: DJ's... ack!

BWPT

Why is it ,every time i refresh the page it posts my last message again?????

Message 16/40             07-Jul-00  @  05:59 PM   -   RE: DJ's... ack!

Local Boy

Link?:  Link

Ha! I agree to a certain extent, but to be honest without the DJ who really is nothing more than a showman I don't think dance music would be nearly as popular. As producers most of us could not give a fuck if we are "famous" because thats not what Techno is about, otherwise we would all write pop or some shit like that. Enter the DJ, we have all seen him, the over confident flashy prat who takes all the credit with his deft moves with a 2 channel mixer!

But the average punter loves him so fuck it, let him be the man of the moment, he will be forgotten long before any producer. He is just the new version of the spandex wearing guitar heroes of the 70s and 80s.

My advice go and watch the film Kevin and Perry go large, they have got the DJ ego spot on with Eyeball Paul - fuckin' classic.

Message 17/40             07-Jul-00  @  09:37 PM   -   RE: DJ's... ack!

ReZo 2k

Link?: Link

I also agree with you there...electronic music would not be where it's at today if it weren't for DJ's so they do have thier spot in the music scene. But then again, techno and drum n' bass is on every fricken' shampoo and car commercial on TV now. Whats up with that?

If you ask me, those commercials are making techno and electronic music main stream. Do we really want this? Not me.

KEEP IT UNDERGROUND!!!

Pete

Although, I must say that there are alot of good main stream tracks.

Message 18/40             07-Jul-00  @  09:38 PM   -   RE: DJ's... ack!

ReZo

Sorry. =~)

Message 19/40             07-Jul-00  @  11:02 PM   -   RE: DJ's... ack!

komputerkontrolled

I also agree with you there...electronic music would not be where it's at today if it weren't for DJ's so they do have thier spot in the music scene. But then again, techno and drum n' bass is on every fricken' shampoo and car commercial on TV now. Whats up with that?
If you ask me, those commercials are making techno and electronic music main stream. Do we really want this? Not me.
I love techno shampoo commercials!!!
James
Although, I must say that there are alot of good shampoo brands out there.. .

Message 20/40             07-Jul-00  @  11:02 PM   -   RE: DJ's... ack!

komputerkontrolled

hehehhe

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 40 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)