aaa Novation are crap aren't they! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Novation are crap aren't they!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 25-Oct-00  @  11:23 PM   -   Novation are crap aren't they!

sameoldsameold

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Why release "new" products that are so similar to old ones, especially when the old ones still don't have complete final OS's, and the new ones have so many bugs. Maybe you will get it right with Super\Nova 3. Hmmmm, Novation, Rocky....is there a connection? Comebacks? "Stay down Rock"

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/41             26-Oct-00  @  11:30 PM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

jj

an update on the os's status would do nicely

Message 12/41             27-Oct-00  @  12:12 AM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

q-owner

i'm a q owner since sept 99, and my Q has never crashed. it's been on for about 3 months straight now too.. and it sounds fantastic. but, this is offtopic.

Message 13/41             28-Oct-00  @  01:21 AM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

CK

By the way just to make it clear that I'm not slating the Q I think it is now a great synth, but they released it too soon as Gordon Reids excellent reviews in SOS demonstrated. The early OS pre 1.19 crashed every few hours. Version 1.19 onwards were stable. Now it is complete it is an exceptionally powerful synth.

Message 14/41             28-Oct-00  @  07:24 AM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

andytronic

Hi!

Steve,

Uhh...the Supernova does what it said it could do. A Mini couldn't do what a Ferrari could, so your analogies are a bit off.
As A said, I didn't buy my Supernova merely because I was told it would eventually do more than it did when I bought it...did you?

It works well, it's stable, and it makes cool noises. It does just what it say on the tin. Anything else is a bonus, as far as I'm concerned.

...and you're a big stupid-head.

Jesus does not love me.

Andykins

Message 15/41             30-Oct-00  @  02:11 PM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

satori

I bought SN because I've heard in shop all sounds. Two days later I've discovered extra buttons. I've bought a sound I liked and I still do.
Hint. Try to make some tunes sameold.
Maybe you will get somewhere one day huh!?

Message 16/41             30-Oct-00  @  08:52 PM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

same old shit

what the hell do you think we do? stare at the SN trying to sum up enough telekinetic energy to make the special button light up??? I use my SN all the time, i still think its shit that we've been promised an update for over a year and still dont have it. I want an update because i think my SN is great, but i think it could be even better with some added functions.

Message 17/41             30-Oct-00  @  11:34 PM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

see, i can use a false name too ya know...

"i think my SN is great, but i think it could be even better with some added functions. "

totally unlike EVERYOTHER piece of equipment ever made then. Wheres my polyphonic minimoog, huh?

Message 18/41             31-Oct-00  @  12:16 AM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

scrotalsack

there's those that bitch, and then they'res those that bitch about the bitchers. to me its all the same.

Message 19/41             31-Oct-00  @  03:18 PM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

stevoe

Stupid head eh?? Well, I've been called worse. Where have I said that I didn't love my blue box of sonic delight??? Go on, where?? Where have I said that I never make great music with my Supernova? Go on, where??? Just because I have a spine and am willing to stand up for my consumer rights. I suggest you have a look back at all the reviews and spiel from Novation at the time it was first produced and then come back and tell me about 'special buttons'.. Why the F**k did they put the darn buttons on in the first place if they are not going to be implemented in any way. The upgradeability was always a selling point.. This subject has been done to death so to draw a big fat line under it, please read the next paragraph slowly...

I LOVE MY SUPERNOVA. I HAVE LOST RESPECT WITH NOVATION BECAUSE THEY TREAT US ORIGINAL SUPERNOVA OWNERS WITH CONTEMPT. I MAKE MUSIC WITH MY SUPERNOVA. I STAND UP FOR CONSUMER RIGHTS... Its as simple as that!!

Message 20/41             31-Oct-00  @  06:07 PM   -   RE: Novation are crap aren't they!

Proud Novation owner

For god sake Stevoe,

how many times must you be told.

There is gonna be a new OS for original Supernova. SIMPLE! You will have one!

And, it will have as many new features from the new Supernova II as possible.

So really, your machine will be even better for no extra cost. The delay in release for the new OS is not stopping to make your music, can you honestly say you have explored everything the Supernova can do already?

Novation are not crap, they make top quality gear. You did not think they were rubbish when you originally purchased your SN did you or you would not be here on this forum today. Yes, everyone is agreeing that we have had to wait too long for the new OS. I totally agree with you and stand with you on the customer rights thing. But all good things come to those who wait and now V1.5 is out for SNII, it will not be long now will it.

Take a chill pill man, you seem to spend too much time whinging on here instead of doing what we love best - making music. Yes the good thing about the internet is freedom of speech but then anyone can hide their identity. U could just be a competitor stirring the couldron just cos you have not made such a fine synth first. Who knows. No disrespect meant, if you can say what you want then I am quite within my rights to voice my own opinion.

Novation - hurry up with this OS! I know its gonna be fantastic for us Supernova owners.

Keepin it real on the leftside.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 41 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)