aaa Micro-Q is out!! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Micro-Q is out!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message                 Date: 01-Nov-00  @  01:18 AM   -   Micro-Q is out!!

scrotalsack

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I went to the waldorf site today to get the new soundset for my XT, and what did I see on the main page?? The MicroQ! Its out! with real pics & everything! the specs look badass

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/42             04-Nov-00  @  01:44 PM   -   RE: Micro-Q is out!!

iDX

Link?:  No link

heard that Q has one advantage in it
Wavetables even if it only has 2, and
that is they are much smoother when
going through the transition,
microwave can sound a little jumpy
or clicky sometimes when scrolling
through the wavetable..

Message 12/42             04-Nov-00  @  01:46 PM   -   RE: Micro-Q is out!!

iDX

through the wavetable..

Message 13/42             04-Nov-00  @  01:46 PM   -   RE: Micro-Q is out!!

iDX

through the wavetable..

Message 14/42             04-Nov-00  @  01:53 PM   -   RE: Micro-Q is out!!

iDX

through the wavetable..

Message 15/42             04-Nov-00  @  04:10 PM   -   RE: Micro-Q is out!!

phunkytek

the Q wavetables are 128 cycles in length and the microwave is only 64. The XT and Q knobs are useless for accurate fast tweeking because they are velocity sensative. This new Q is much more atractive to me. Any Idea on the price of the unit compared to the larger 3space rack version.

Message 16/42             05-Nov-00  @  01:31 AM   -   RE: Micro-Q is out!!

boomer

What do u mean by velocity sensitive knobs, phunkytek? Please educate me. Doesn't the XT have more tables than the Q?

Message 17/42             05-Nov-00  @  07:05 PM   -   RE: Micro-Q is out!!

H

has anyone ever checked out the wavestation AD for wavetables very smooth atmospheres out of that and the machine was designed by the same guys who put the prophet VS out.Even those yamahe tg33 table deals w/ the wavetables are cool.i think those korg wavestations have 256 steps or maybe more.i know a guy who had one and it was one of the best sounding atmospheric macines other than the D50.Are microwave 2s 16 bit or are they 12bit like the original?That original microwave is grainy and sweet because of it.I think the microwave is 12 bit.

Just being nosey,and thinking about 1 good VA synth.The EA-1 is a wanker.

Oh yeah I was wondering do Q synths have bugs?can you play stacked oscillators in the patches and is there a mono/unison mode?Like if it has 25 voices can I use it as 5 5 OSC monosynths w/ portamento?Or does it have poly portamento.So basically can i allocate the voices for each patch or do they always play however many keys you press?How deep is the micro q dimension wise not musically?Is it actually out or just showing on a screen or in a zine near you?

-:0 can i play it w/ 1 finger?and then maybe hit another note with the other finger on my other hand and have it bounce back to the original note if i dont lift my other finger?

Message 18/42             06-Nov-00  @  10:21 PM   -   RE: Micro-Q is out!!

phunkytek

The wavestation rocks, but I down loaded the wave table from it for the xt from the user section on the waldorf site.Some guy converted them. i havn't figured out how to load them yet.The sysex goes, but nothing is updated?

Velocity sensing knobs: They respond to the speed of the turn , so when moving them fast you end up jumping ahead in varying positions making it very hard to return to the same spot. They don't repond like a normal analog knob. The actual position jumps all over the place when you try and tweak it fast. They rotate 360 degrees and the actual position changes based on how fast the knob is turned. So, the only acurate tweaks are done slowly. I slow down the song and record them at 80bpms, and then return the song to it's normal speed, but some of the feel is lost. It's my only complaint. Fuck all those knobs, they're a waist of space. Convienant for editing patches, but not for real time control over a sweet spot in the filter. Use another controler. I'm looking into the Kenton Control freak. The Q has the same knobs as the XT. I e-mailed a letter to Waldorf complaining about this very unatural and un benificial feature,and requested it be updated in a new OS if Possible. They did not respond.

Message 19/42             06-Nov-00  @  10:29 PM   -   RE: Micro-Q is out!!

phunkytek

the ea-1 is limiting, but does a very fat acid line. orbital used it extensively along with the polymorp. The polymorph is very analogish. Too bad Quasimidi is gone.
Good VA's:
Of coarse the Q, Nova, Virus, and very impressive, but with limited polyphony, the korg ms-2000. It sounds great. BT uses 3 of them, two hooked up in poly mode to increase the voices to 8.

I'm more interested in new analogs now. Andromeda is almost here!

Message 20/42             07-Nov-00  @  12:52 AM   -   RE: Micro-Q is out!!

scrotalsack

phunkytek, whats the url for the wavestation conversions... id like to try them out. i looked on waldorfs ftp site but couldnt find them.

perhaps its just the wavetables that are updated... no actual sounds. like you'd have to switch the wavetable knob to use the higher-numbered settings.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 42 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)