aaa How does a sequencer work? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: How does a sequencer work?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 11-Oct-00  @  03:29 AM   -   How does a sequencer work?

Silver Droid

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

By sequencer, I mean a dedicated MIDI sequencer box like the Yamaha Rm1x or those Roland's.....

I'm talking about orchestrating multiple synths and drum machines and such.....like how the fuck is all that done when there's no display like there is in Cubase and Cakewalk?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/37             12-Oct-00  @  03:51 AM   -   RE: How does a sequencer work?

ReZo 2k

Link?:  No link

Fucking liar!

<^>

Hahah!

Pete

Message 12/37             12-Oct-00  @  07:27 AM   -   RE: How does a sequencer work?

H

The MC303 isn't technically an sequencer.You should look for a used VFXsd don't get the VFX(no seq.)It has an easy to use pattern based sequencer and can make some pretty grainy digital sounds and there are lot's Sound disks that were available for it.It is the best budget machine in my opinion and you can get alot done w/ it.It has all the goodies loop based realtime quantizing pattern architecture and they have polyphonic aftertouch to boot.Stay away from the roland MC50 it does not loop.A nice feature of the VFXsd is that it allows you to assign 6 sequences/patterns on the screen w/ a button for each so you can try different arrangements before you write your song playlist mode.I think this is a classy machine even if it's a sleeper.The disk drive can be easily replaced and it uses that flourescent display for great visibility on stage.Skinny puppy used these machines for sequencing back in the day but I see them in really good condition for cheap all over the place 

Message 13/37             12-Oct-00  @  11:39 AM   -   RE: How does a sequencer work?

909 Inc.

He He! Rezo is right!
you want those tight patterns that
come with the mc 303. "dj 'nuff
respect" from Turkey and DJ
"MeBuyE'kosI'msofat" from Iceland.

=)

Message 14/37             12-Oct-00  @  02:20 PM   -   RE: How does a sequencer work?

Maarten

Yeah, or SuperGreg...

-M-

Message 15/37             12-Oct-00  @  02:58 PM   -   RE: How does a sequencer work?

SkuReal7

Yes sequencer shit isīnt easy. Perhaps i have an good solution for low money!
Buy an MAM SQ-16 Sequencer. Its an 16 Step (Tb-303 like sequencer) for 3 Synthesizer lines (Virus, Kawai...) an 8 Drum lines for different Drum Sounds (HiHAt, Bass Kick, Cymbal). Iīve gonna check it out next time.

Franky

Message 16/37             12-Oct-00  @  06:12 PM   -   RE: How does a sequencer work?

BWPT

Hardware sequencers rule! I just can't stand computer sequencers like cubase or cackwalk.I just prefer to use as many hardware sequencers as i can by syncing them all together because that way you can get so many variations and when you are doing a live set you are actually doing something rather than looking like a spare prick at a wedding.
I use a notron and mc303 mainly and it's vastly increased my output.The notron has got to be the best hardware sequencer ever invented check out the website www.notron.com

Message 17/37             12-Oct-00  @  10:05 PM   -   RE: How does a sequencer work?

Silver Droid

Remember, I'm not looking for a 16 step sequencer. I need a real full-fledged sequencer. I wanna layer down my Prophecy and both parts of my JP-8000 in MIDI, then export MIDI clock to the ER-1 / Drum Station and TB-303.

I'm sick of using the onboard arpeggiators and sequencers and want something more professional. Get what I'm saying?

RM1x looks like the bomb, it's $699.00 USD, but that's still a lot. Roland MC-80 is probably the best thing in existence, but it's $1,550.00 CAD over here.

Message 18/37             13-Oct-00  @  01:29 AM   -   RE: How does a sequencer work?

909 Inc.

Why not just run Logic?

I have been using a mmt-8 for like
almost 2 years, and I'm not going
back. The midi clock is more solid on
the mmt8 though. If you sequence a
drumstation, its like ,
bam,bam,bam,bam, rock solid! I
don't feel that in software seq.

Message 19/37             13-Oct-00  @  10:08 AM   -   RE: How does a sequencer work?

H

Ill try it one more time VFXsd $400 tops full fledged midi sequencer/synth(sort of)the same exact sequencer as in the asr-10 and asrx and eps Ensoniq.Disk drive poly aftertouch controller 61 keys.Hello $400 tops.Same sequencer alex reece used to seq w/ hello $400 US in Many pawn shops across the usa.

Message 20/37             14-Oct-00  @  11:39 PM   -   RE: How does a sequencer work?

Silver Droid

H,

Sounds interesting. My uses music store downtown has a mint MC-500 mkII for sale ($350.00 CAD). Looks interesting, I just want more info before I do anything. Right now I gotta focuss on this big trade coming up.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 37 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)