aaa IF ONLY WE COULD KNOW THE FUTURE - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: IF ONLY WE COULD KNOW THE FUTURE

Viewing all 22 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/22             23-Sep-00  @  04:13 AM   -   IF ONLY WE COULD KNOW THE FUTURE

MALK

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Dont it wind you up not knowing the future, example back in 1985-87 when i was a bit younger and skint there was a music shop near me where pro 1s, korg monopolys,and some truly alien looking yamaha analogs with 8 or 16 knobs all in a line for step seqs and so forth,and they where selling or not as the case was just before the 89 analog age revival,for like £80.00 a piece ,makes me sick as i have all the modern virtual stuff ,but none of them have that truly solid sound......must build time machine go back buy all analog bring back midi up ,trash virtuals,real filters ,real osc drift,real bass ends,seems to me the virtual ones have bass that is as wide as analog but analog is solid right through and virtual is big but hollow like a balloon.oh well.sorry for going off on one .

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/22             23-Sep-00  @  09:16 AM   -   RE: IF ONLY WE COULD KNOW THE FUTURE

nobody

Link?:  Link

sometimes i really really really want hollow sounding bass.

but i know what you're on about. mostly, if not fully i agree.

but today such wishing is pointless so i must go do things  

Message 3/22             24-Sep-00  @  01:39 PM   -   RE: IF ONLY WE COULD KNOW THE FUTURE

subzeroX

or go back in time n buy as many TR-808's and 909's and 303's as you can for there crazy cheap price then sell em off for like £500 or $1000
n make a fortuneeeeeeeeeee

Message 4/22             26-Sep-00  @  05:00 PM   -   RE: IF ONLY WE COULD KNOW THE FUTURE

k

get a syntechno TeeBee trust me on that for hollow earth shattering real analog bass & more, plus the teebee does so much more also it is a great 6 pot controller rack, with big solid last-ages knobs and solid metal plus it has 2 midi ins (&outs) to allow merging of contrller data to your sequencer with the other data from your chain, all in all a great box.

Message 5/22             26-Sep-00  @  09:04 PM   -   RE: IF ONLY WE COULD KNOW THE FUTURE

phunkytek

Don't forget those cv gate i/o's. Add a distortion pedal and your good to go! I played the mp'3s of it to some TB enthusiest, some of which own or have owned a 303 and they were blow away, but it can sound like other mono gear as well. I've got a juno, a bass station, and a sh-101, and all i use on my tracks now is my sampler, nova, and microwave. True if you sweep the filter you can hear the differance, but in a mix they sound finished, so it is much faster to program and call up patches and get good music done. The bass lines on the modeled stuff is very suited for the sound i'm going for. I found my tracks with the old gear sounded old and dated. If I use an analog for a bass sound i have to eq it more and denoise it half the time because of crackles and unwanted artifacts. They require to much proccessing. If I need analog, I've got it, but I really don't use it as much. I'm waiting for the Andromeda. If it does what it's supposed to, and i can pull off jupiter style sounds, I'll buy one for the right price. Otherwise I'll buy a mks-80. I'm definately getting the syntechno when I sell my bass station. They are going to have to bury me with my sh-101 though.

Message 6/22             27-Sep-00  @  04:33 PM   -   RE: IF ONLY WE COULD KNOW THE FUTURE

H

I would just get the Jupiter if that's what you want.If you cant find an 8 the 6 and the 4 are really wicked I wish I had some 4 action.

Message 7/22             28-Sep-00  @  08:16 PM   -   RE: IF ONLY WE COULD KNOW THE FUTURE

phunkytek

I want to hear the filters on the andromeda first. Syncable lfo...........

Message 8/22             30-Sep-00  @  12:18 AM   -   RE: IF ONLY WE COULD KNOW THE FUTURE

r-tek

I have seen the future, and its egg-shaped. Oh yes.

Message 9/22             30-Sep-00  @  03:59 AM   -   RE: IF ONLY WE COULD KNOW THE FUTURE

H

it's just with my alesis experiences
everything seems to fall short of the
hype but maybe just maybe, nah if I'm
going to spend that much I'mm getting
the JOMOX
synth......................

Message 10/22             01-Oct-00  @  12:22 AM   -   RE: IF ONLY WE COULD KNOW THE FUTURE

nobody

i have been assured that the alesis Masterlink is top quality. still though, i hesitate. of course, i don't have the money now anyway. but shit.. hard to decide. fully usable set o' features though..

and the future is more oblong than egg-shaped i thinks

Message 11/22             01-Oct-00  @  12:44 AM   -   RE: IF ONLY WE COULD KNOW THE FUTURE

r-tek

no, its egg-shaped trust me. Guess you havta be a limey fuckwit to get that.

I get it.

Message 12/22             01-Oct-00  @  12:59 AM   -   RE: IF ONLY WE COULD KNOW THE FUTURE

r-tek

see?

Message 13/22             01-Oct-00  @  02:20 AM   -   RE: IF ONLY WE COULD KNOW THE FUTURE

H

The masterlink seems pretty cool except
that someone up here said it it didn't
have a multi-band dynamics section like
the finalizer,dbx,drawmer machines.What
do you think I should sell my finalizer
96k for I paid 2300 US for it.I use TC's
audio editor on my MAC and you can chain
together compressors,and eq to do
realtime multiband processing so the
finalizer has become a really expensive
a/d.Anyway I'm considering the Tascam
788 so that I can finally track live
parts w/o having to worry about
latency.I've had a hard time getting a
good spec list on the machine,even the
tascam site doesn't say anything about
the supported sample rates.i use a dvcam
professional camcorder and it only
supports 48khz anybody know about the

Message 14/22             01-Oct-00  @  02:20 AM   -   RE: IF ONLY WE COULD KNOW THE FUTURE

I hate cookies and MS

Sample rate on the
788?????????????????????????????????????
??????

Message 15/22             02-Oct-00  @  04:35 AM   -   RE: IF ONLY WE COULD KNOW THE FUTURE

H

and ereryone else hates the analog
corner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they know I'm lurking about in the
shadows;)...............................

Message 16/22             03-Oct-00  @  03:03 AM   -   RE: IF ONLY WE COULD KNOW THE FUTURE

nobody

i love analog i love egg shapes

Message 17/22             03-Oct-00  @  11:17 AM   -   RE: IF ONLY WE COULD KNOW THE FUTURE

Maarten

Yah, eggs are cool.Oh, so is analog, yep, they'll need to crow-bar my dead, cold fingers from my TB and 101...;)

-M-

Message 18/22             04-Oct-00  @  10:16 PM   -   RE: IF ONLY WE COULD KNOW THE FUTURE

H

It saddens me to know I sold my 101&202
but thank the synth gods for future
retro,doepfer,analogue solutions,and
most of all I would like to thank the
Japanese for my seekers vocoder so I'm
not that sad after all........

Message 19/22             05-Oct-00  @  12:42 AM   -   RE: IF ONLY WE COULD KNOW THE FUTURE

gecko

Get a Quasimidi Sirius, they are a wicked synth and with quasimidi being bought out and production being stopped, im sure they will be worth a penny soon enough.

Message 20/22             05-Oct-00  @  06:08 AM   -   RE: IF ONLY WE COULD KNOW THE FUTURE

H

I'm straight w/ real analog over here
but thanks for the heads up on q-midi.Do
you know who bought
them?????????????????????????????????

Message 21/22             05-Oct-00  @  08:03 PM   -   RE: IF ONLY WE COULD KNOW THE FUTURE

beta_decay

What the hell happened to Quasimidi? They just dissapeared it seems. If they got bought, who bought them?

Message 22/22             07-Oct-00  @  09:25 PM   -   RE: IF ONLY WE COULD KNOW THE FUTURE

phunkytek

I don't know what happended , but their polymorph was the physical modeling synth that was really up front and warm. the sirius sounded cool but fell way short of analog. Orbital used the polymorph extensively on "Middle of Nowhere" along with the electribe ER-1 for beats. Jomox is sweet. I think mixing modeled and analog, as well as FM and digital together i get the textures i need. If i used all analog it would sound way too rhetro.

Viewing all 22 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 22 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)