aaa Korg MS2000 Analog Modeling Synth - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Korg MS2000 Analog Modeling Synth

Viewing all 22 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/22             28-Jul-00  @  03:03 PM   -   Korg MS2000 Analog Modeling Synth

pedicelli

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I'm thinking about selling my MC-202 and Kenton Pro Solo to help finance the purchase of an MS2000. Anyone out there have it and have used the Prophecy?

Basically, the MS2000 looks like a cut down yet sonically improved version of my Prophecy. I should be saving my money for a new computer and Drum Station, but it looks too sweet to overlook.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/22             24-Aug-00  @  09:39 PM   -   RE: Korg MS2000 Analog Modeling Synth

swanofever

Link?:  No link

That keyboad is pure shite.

Message 3/22             25-Aug-00  @  05:42 AM   -   RE: Korg MS2000 Analog Modeling Synth

909 Inc.

Its pure, and not imitated shite
though...

Message 4/22             25-Aug-00  @  12:42 PM   -   RE: Korg MS2000 Analog Modeling Synth

Local Boy

Link?:  Link

The Ms2000 kicks butt, the general opinion is that it is the rawest, most convincing analog emulator. The Proph is ok but not as fat but more versatile in that you can create weird stuff with the models. The MS does not sound polished like a Virus or Nova or JP8080 it sounds more like a proper old synth, the modulation sequencer is cool too.

Message 5/22             29-Aug-00  @  10:26 AM   -   RE: Korg MS2000 Analog Modeling Synth

swanofnever

okay, whoever is using my name PLEASE could you at least try to avoid typos?!

Message 6/22             29-Aug-00  @  10:30 AM   -   RE: Korg MS2000 Analog Modeling Synth

swanofnever

not to mention i'm canadian, not some "bleedin' wanker", and would therefore never call ANYTHING "shite"

Message 7/22             29-Aug-00  @  09:38 PM   -   RE: Korg MS2000 Analog Modeling Synth

James

your Canadian? Oh no, not another one.

Do you speak Canadianeese then?

Message 8/22             30-Aug-00  @  07:54 PM   -   RE: Korg MS2000 Analog Modeling Synth

pedicelli

Of course he does. Me and him also go hunting for walrus every morning for breakfast. Next week, we're going to the Yukon to get us some polar bears and shit (we need the skins for new underwear...I crapped my pants again).

Silly Americans... ;)

Message 9/22             30-Aug-00  @  09:16 PM   -   RE: Korg MS2000 Analog Modeling Synth

komputer

hehhe. Silly Canadianiese peeps...

Message 10/22             31-Aug-00  @  10:02 AM   -   RE: Korg MS2000 Analog Modeling Synth

swanofnever

(silently shirts James)

Message 11/22             31-Aug-00  @  07:48 PM   -   RE: Korg MS2000 Analog Modeling Synth

komputerkontrolled

(silently drops a silent-but-deadly, towards Swanofnever)

peeyooo :-)

Message 12/22             07-Sep-00  @  07:11 AM   -   RE: Korg MS2000 Analog Modeling Synth

volley

Waaheeey! I'll get an MS2000 tomorrow. =))))

Any must-see sites I can go to now?  

Message 13/22             07-Sep-00  @  09:41 AM   -   RE: Korg MS2000 Analog Modeling Synth

ReZo 2k

Is the MS-2000 recommended over the JP-8000? I'm selling hella gear to buy either one of these (yes, even my favorite beast...Juno 106). See my add on Sonic State.

Pete

Message 14/22             07-Sep-00  @  10:55 AM   -   RE: Korg MS2000 Analog Modeling Synth

k

if you got the prophecy already why bother?, get a sampler - how can you live without one ?

Message 15/22             07-Sep-00  @  04:25 PM   -   RE: Korg MS2000 Analog Modeling Synth

Silver Droid (aka pedicelli)

The Prophecy and MS2000R are not the same types of machines. The MS2000R provides greater quality in analogue emulation. The Prophecy's architecture, on the other hand, is like 200% times more complex, and therefore can make more spaced out sounds.

Pete, I haven't tried the MS2000R yet, so can't make the comparison...I think nice pads like the JP can be done, but remember...the Super Saw oscillator is specific to only the JP-8000. As well, the MS2000R has that 3 track analogue sequencer, so it's like having an onboard Doepfer MAQ 16/3.

Message 16/22             11-Sep-00  @  07:09 PM   -   RE: Korg MS2000 Analog Modeling Synth

komputer

....say that one more time Pedicellii, and plan on meeting your maker. The MS2000's sequencer is not even close to the Doepfer MAQ16! God, whats it take to get you to stop hallucinating such crap???

for nuts sake.

Message 17/22             11-Sep-00  @  07:14 PM   -   RE: Korg MS2000 Analog Modeling Synth

Silver Droid

Fine, nigerachi.....

Then what is it like? What characteristics can you apply to each step?

Message 18/22             12-Sep-00  @  11:57 PM   -   RE: Korg MS2000 Analog Modeling Synth

komputer

Chimicelli,

Well I was on it for 3 hours and it had the basic adsr, velocity and gate time and portemento. But not as near the mad Doepfer MAQ16. Although, the MS2000 is sik also.

Message 19/22             02-Oct-00  @  03:37 PM   -   RE: Korg MS2000 Analog Modeling Synth

fuck

Link?: Link

Nothing for the MS2000 online hehe
PS. 1st: you can't compare synths, 2nd: the ones who find the MS2000 shit can't make sounds build up from scratch, they are fags, hehe bye byeeeee

Message 20/22             04-Oct-00  @  05:43 AM   -   RE: Korg MS2000 Analog Modeling Synth

H

How much for the 202????????????????????

Message 21/22             05-Oct-00  @  12:28 AM   -   RE: Korg MS2000 Analog Modeling Synth

Silver Droid

It was sold a month ago.

Message 22/22             05-Oct-00  @  04:37 AM   -   RE: Korg MS2000 Analog Modeling Synth

H

The story of my
life....................................

Viewing all 22 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 22 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)