aaa IF ONLY WE COULD KNOW THE FUTURE - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: IF ONLY WE COULD KNOW THE FUTURE

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 23-Sep-00  @  04:13 AM   -   IF ONLY WE COULD KNOW THE FUTURE

MALK

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Dont it wind you up not knowing the future, example back in 1985-87 when i was a bit younger and skint there was a music shop near me where pro 1s, korg monopolys,and some truly alien looking yamaha analogs with 8 or 16 knobs all in a line for step seqs and so forth,and they where selling or not as the case was just before the 89 analog age revival,for like £80.00 a piece ,makes me sick as i have all the modern virtual stuff ,but none of them have that truly solid sound......must build time machine go back buy all analog bring back midi up ,trash virtuals,real filters ,real osc drift,real bass ends,seems to me the virtual ones have bass that is as wide as analog but analog is solid right through and virtual is big but hollow like a balloon.oh well.sorry for going off on one .

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 21/22             05-Oct-00  @  08:03 PM   -   RE: IF ONLY WE COULD KNOW THE FUTURE

beta_decay

What the hell happened to Quasimidi? They just dissapeared it seems. If they got bought, who bought them?

Message 22/22             07-Oct-00  @  09:25 PM   -   RE: IF ONLY WE COULD KNOW THE FUTURE

phunkytek

I don't know what happended , but their polymorph was the physical modeling synth that was really up front and warm. the sirius sounded cool but fell way short of analog. Orbital used the polymorph extensively on "Middle of Nowhere" along with the electribe ER-1 for beats. Jomox is sweet. I think mixing modeled and analog, as well as FM and digital together i get the textures i need. If i used all analog it would sound way too rhetro.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 22 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)