aaa bass - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: bass

Viewing all 24 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/24             05-Nov-00  @  05:51 PM   -   bass

jon

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i need some help i want a snth just for bass would a juno 60 be something dont wana fuck up and buy something shit im only doing house or one of them 101 thing can any one help pritty please

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/24             05-Nov-00  @  06:07 PM   -   RE: bass

H

what kind of bass are you looking for Juno 60 is famous for strings and organs.101s are good at bass but it all depends on what kind of bass sounds you're looking for.So what kind there mr dj?

It would be hard to fuck up by buying a 101 or a 60 but clarify and i'll give ya my 2 cents.

Message 3/24             05-Nov-00  @  06:35 PM   -   RE: bass

jon

well mr h
hard house is my bag access remix that bass if you know it that one note bass line does this help
thank u mr h

Message 4/24             05-Nov-00  @  07:06 PM   -   RE: bass

phunkytek

buy a syntechno TEE BEE. only $400, and fully midi.

Message 5/24             05-Nov-00  @  07:45 PM   -   RE: bass

H

I found a raw 101 bass sound in use for ya Go to www.thewomb.net and scroll down to a session called rebirth one is started off by a 101 actually i think this is some guy playin some live shit and he has a 101 anyhow the first bit is all 101 at the 8' osc setting it can get deeper and funkier.most of the original dancehall basslines are 101.Go check the womb because it has a unprocessed 101 sound i hear more than 1.Go check it it has 101 all over it.Actually im listening now and getting a lil excited this guy rocks.

Some cool funky house break hybrid w/ plastic roland keyboard use.Go listen.Juno 60 is the original jungle string.This guy just dropped a slow break and is comin in w/ some funky shit.It sounds to live to be records.Damn this is smooth.it's all tech housey i guess.Anyway go hear a 101 for yourself.He's making noises and sampling them as breaks.I think i'll listen to this to see where he's headed w/ all this.go listen

Message 6/24             05-Nov-00  @  07:51 PM   -   RE: bass

H

i guess it has 1 thing going for it when you hear 1 it's hard to mistake for something else.Get the SH101.i'll post you some clips of just noodling i did w/ mine and a song i made w/ it and a dr110.I'll post em over here under 101 snippets.I'll have to find someone w/ a tape deck i don't have 1 i gave up on tapes a while back.I've gone MD.The second song sucks on that womb deal by the way.Listen to the first bits until the female voice starts sayin the womb again.Good raw 101 on it.

makin up for a missed 1

Message 7/24             05-Nov-00  @  08:00 PM   -   RE: bass

H

you need a midi-cv convertor for the 101 w/ trig for the clock if you are going to use the onboard sequencer and you are required to use the sequencer if you have a 101.I wish i still had mine i'll get those clips on an xdrive for ya tomorrow probably.later

I got some seriously hardhouse stuff on 1 of those bites.It's slow though like 120 but a real fat nasty.

The syntechno is cool but if you want a good new synth get a MS404 it has really plastic sounds w/ alot more flexiblity than a teebee plus they're only $365 US and it's a super tone monster w/ some nice switches that make it easy to go from 1 sound to another w/o too much knobulation so it's a useful live tool.I'll stop typing now cause this musics gettin super whack and if i don't stop it i'll end up w/ brain damage.bye.

101s excite me and we don't talk about much fun stuff in da corner.

Message 8/24             06-Nov-00  @  09:15 AM   -   RE: bass

jon

be good to listen to this 101 but i cant with my shit pc it wont let me arrr but is that it just a 101 arent there any others out there and do the 101 stay in time ok if you get this cv gate thinge i take it thay sound fat yes and are easy to use ill see if i can sort my crap pc out so i can download some of that stuff thanks again chaps

Message 9/24             06-Nov-00  @  01:39 PM   -   RE: bass

Maarten

Link?:  Link

I have SH-101, get SH-101 , SH-101 is goooood!Nuff said....

Message 10/24             06-Nov-00  @  01:41 PM   -   RE: bass

H

CV-Gate will only let you transmit the pitch and note duration.You will ned a clock trigger for getting the onboard sequencer in time w/ your midi clock.

I listened again w/o drugs and it wasn't as exciting.It still has a raw 101 on it though.

Message 11/24             06-Nov-00  @  03:27 PM   -   RE: bass

jon

ok tell me if im being a prick here but cant i just use my mpc to sequencer it or am i missing the point or will i be loseing a lot off its power if i dont sorry for being a pain in the arrrss but i dont know a lot about how these things work mr h are there any other bass monsters to look out for thanking u

Message 12/24             06-Nov-00  @  06:07 PM   -   RE: bass

damballah

the SH-101 is not a midi synth. you can sequence it with your mpc if you have a cv-to-midi converter in between the two. like h said, the controll voltage (cv) tells the oscillator what note to play and the gate gives the note duration. cv-to-midi converters are available from kenton and (in kit form) from paia.

Message 13/24             06-Nov-00  @  06:38 PM   -   RE: bass

H

doepfer makes a cheap red one too.Nice and simple.Then you can sequence it from your mpc,but also use the onboard sequencer too please so we can get some of the real.Or at least play with it and let it show you how to sequence in your mpc.Roland plastic bassline generators are dope.101,202,303.The 101 has the most sound synthesis options and a keyboard.Oh yeah another nice thing about the doepfer mcv4 is that if you drive off w/ it on your hood and take a few turns it'll be there when you get to the stop sign and look around and go,"holy shit there's my midi-cv interface on the hood of my car".My telephone didn't stay i lost it.

make sure to drink coffee in the morning after a blunt and a couple of newkies before taking your gear on an open air ride.It was actually the second stop sign i came to so,it sticks!cheap and tough if it would have flown off the car I bet it still would have worked fine.but i'm glad it sticked none the less.Hi Marteen,&Mr.T

Message 14/24             06-Nov-00  @  07:48 PM   -   RE: bass

jon

i see

Message 15/24             06-Nov-00  @  09:18 PM   -   RE: bass

Ison

I would recommend the Kenton Pro-Solo.
I have one and it has several usefull funtions such as being able to be used as a Sync converter and the ability to be used as a midi analyser as well as your basic Midi to Cv conversion,though not all at once.
Quite affordable and relatively sturdy.

Message 16/24             06-Nov-00  @  10:43 PM   -   RE: bass

phunkytek

I love my 101, but i would love to have a 777, or a teebee as well. H, the knobs on the 777 don't transmit do they?

Message 17/24             07-Nov-00  @  12:00 AM   -   RE: bass

H

Their is no midi control whatsoever over the synth section that is why it sounds so good.There is a cv in for the filter and being that it is a real analog you can get all sorts of mods for it.I'll find out who the guy is that's modding them and post a link.To me it's a realtime performance instrument.So midi control isn't an issue.This means no zipper noise,no slow knobs no artifacts to interfere whatsoever.But you can use a cv midi box to control the filter if you have to.The 777 has no lfo so it is somewhat limited in certain respects but it is way beyond any other synth in possibilities as a performance machine.I hardly use the second oscillator on it most of the time I just let er rip w/ 1 but it has 2+a sub i think it has a sub.I hate living in a seperate location from my gear.I've got to get insurance for this stuff.If I had to choose 2 pieces of gear to work with I would choose a 777 and an MPC2000XL because you could blaze a room or rock a block w/ it.

pardon the puns,It's got a 48db 7 pole filter for god's sake 2 rez and 2 overdrive knobs.Nothing can make the sounds this thing can.I love it dearly and wish it were a girl.

Message 18/24             07-Nov-00  @  12:03 AM   -   RE: bass

whatever you do

DON"T SELL YOUR 101 IT WILL FOREVER HAUNT YOU.TRUST ME I KNOW THIS TO BE A FACT.

mine wasn't even red or blue just a plain ol grey one but i relly miss that piece of plastic more than any other synth i've owned.I wouldn't mind having my OBXA or 202 back either.

Message 19/24             07-Nov-00  @  04:00 AM   -   RE: bass

H

oops there is midi for notes and shit on the 777.But no real performance control.You don't need it though.

32 knobs and 7 switches!On a bassline generator.Whoa!Let me put it this way if you get a 777 don't be surprised if you dream about it.

Message 20/24             08-Nov-00  @  06:17 PM   -   RE: bass

Pongoid

Why you wanna fuck around like that? Get a pulse and really start rippin shit up. Real analog, real FAT.

Ape

Message 21/24             09-Nov-00  @  12:23 AM   -   RE: bass

DCO

Hi!

get the 101.a pulse is good though.

Message 22/24             09-Nov-00  @  07:33 PM   -   RE: bass

Pongoid

www.idrive.com

login:pongoid
pw:Ape__

Get file splurt.mp3

almost all of that is pulse samples. What isn't is MW live. A 101 won't even come close to touching that. Period.

Better connect your stereo, and keep it low the first time, so you don't blow your speakers with sub. Enjoy, and get a pulse.

Ape

Message 23/24             10-Nov-00  @  03:34 PM   -   RE: bass

jon

fuk it ill get all of em

Message 24/24             10-Nov-00  @  03:35 PM   -   RE: bass

jon

and thanks for the info

Viewing all 24 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)